WCQF Game 1: Calgary Flames vs Colorado Avalanche | 8 PM MST | CBC, NBCSN, TVAS, SN, ALT

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I honestly still stand by my statement that Flames take it in 6. Avs were actually still great tonight, but homer or not let's be honest the Flames superior depth showed tonight. Good luck rest of the way.

I don't think we were great at all. Calgary's pressure certainly played a part, but pucks were bouncing & our passing wasn't as crisp as it is when we're actually clicking...and you could tell Mikko was still shaking off the rust as the game went along. Calgary deserved the win, but this wasn't Colorado's peak either.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Game was a little closer than the score indicated. Avs could have had a couple, Flames weren't all that sharp defensively IMO. Smith was really good, but not exactly like he stood on his head either. Thought Tkachuk and Gaudreau were great, MacK and Barrie were good for the Avs. The Flames turned it up in the 2nd and 3rd and it didn't look like Colorado had much of an answer. Going to need something from their bottom 9 if they hope to keep up.
Agreed. The big difference was the 3 Avalanche back to back PP's. Colorado had a lot of momentum then, we see an entirely different game if they pot one then. But credit where credit is due, Calgary's PK came up big and obviously Smith did his job

Reactions: cgf

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
He historically has the greatest playoff save percentage ever. lol

Once again, small sample size. 19, or I guess 20 games now is not nearly enough to evaluate upon. 20 games is fewer game than an NHL backup gets in a season, that's not nearly enough to make a meaningful evaluation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad