WCQF Game 1: Calgary Flames vs Colorado Avalanche | 8 PM MST | CBC, NBCSN, TVAS, SN, ALT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
It’s cute...Flames fans actually think Sam “Can’t Do A Pull-Up” Bennett will apparently be some physical force that derails the Avs. If Bennett tries any dirty ****, Zadorov will beats his ass so bad he’ll make sure Bennett is tasting Tkachuk’s spinal fluid!
Then the rest of the Flames will just expose Zadorov for the liability he is where he’s slotted.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The score was not indicative of the game by any means. This could have easily been a win for the Avs if it werent for Mike Smith and I never thought I would be saying he was the difference in a positive way for the Flames.
We'll just quietly ignore being outshot by the Flames 32-26.

Reactions: Avsavsavsavsavs

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Bennett is gonna tune in Landeskog.
Yeah, no doubt about that. An untreated psychopath will remain a psychopath.

Flames got the win, but man that was some terrible hockey to watch on all sides. That looked like a second from a back-to-back for both teams.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
The difference in depth really showed up in this game. Calgary was better 5v5 and their special teams were effective.

That depth is going to become a bigger factor moving forward.

Reactions: Joe Sakic

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Do you go back to Varlamov in game 2 or did Grubauer play better than 4-0 indicates?

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Great game Flames !! Saturday is another day I hope a hungry Avs team comes out. I said before the series starts that our special team gonna have to step up. We need our PP to start working against a good team like that. They scored their 2nd goal on the PP. We need our special teams to make the difference.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yup, Landeskog is. That's why he got thrown out of the game for a cheap shot. LOL
"Cheap shot", he barely slashed him, it wasnt some huge 2 hander like cassie campbell would like you all to believe.

That being said. Smith was amazing tonight, flames will be hard to beat if they get goaltending like this consistently.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Avs played with the Flames. Very even game. Mike Smith was the difference and if he somehow can continue this I can see the Flames going all the way. That was an unbelievable performance by him.
Not really at all, every single save was without a screen. Avs made Smith look good than Smith being actually amazing.

Reactions: PAZ

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
Flames won the 5v5 wtf everyone smoking. Few fast rushes from Mackinnon and you think they played better? Lmao.

Impressive how the Flames neutralized and shut down a playoff game like this, but then again their opposition is a borderline playoff team anyways. One spectacular forward + one pretty good up and coming forward + a overrated bum captain who's reputation lives on "intangibles" + garbage juice after that.

No team with Tyson Barrie as their #1 d (or anywhere near their top pairing for that matter) will ever prosper

Reactions: Joe Sakic

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
Avs played with the Flames. Very even game. Mike Smith was the difference and if he somehow can continue this I can see the Flames going all the way. That was an unbelievable performance by him.

You can say that about any goaltender. If Jones plays great the Sharks could go all the way, If Holtby plays great the Caps could repeat, Leafs could win the cup if Anderson plays great etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad