WCQF Game 1: Calgary Flames vs Colorado Avalanche | 8 PM MST | CBC, NBCSN, TVAS, SN, ALT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Wasn't a great game for either team. Calgary kept getting momentum from Smith's big saves. Mackinnon was buzzing in that third period but Smith closed the door.

Atleast the hate is on, looking for a better game from both sides in G2.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
giphy.gif
Smith with the game of his life

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Man, what a frustrating game. Overall I thought the Avs played a pretty good game.

Mike Smith deserved that win though.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
And yet games are decided by the score and not subjective sentiment.
What a dumb comment. I was mainly referring to the clowns who dont watch the game looking at 4-0 and thinking the Flames dominated the game. The Avs do not have the depth...yet to play with the big boys in the West, but the Flames looked anything but impressive tonight. They will likely get past the Avs in 5 or 6, but will also get pounded by whoever they get next round. Easily the worst "top seed" we've seen in years.

Reactions: Jayevs

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Special teams the difference. The Avs had all the momentum when they got their 3 PPs at the end of the 1st and to start the 2nd. If they score there it's a totally different game.

GG Avs fans, looking forward to drinking with you guys again on Saturday!

Reactions: cgf

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
It's like the opposite of game 1 last year when COL planted a seed in Rinne's head..... and Smith is not as good as Rinne!

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
And not only that. If Smith falters, I was told all of. December and January and February that Rittich is also a goalie capable of taking a team on a deep playoff run so the flames are good either way.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Avs played with the Flames. Very even game. Mike Smith was the difference and if he somehow can continue this I can see the Flames going all the way. That was an unbelievable performance by him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad