• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
This doesn't make any sense.

Parayko, Pieterangelo, Steen, Fabbri, Bouwmeester, Tarasenko, Bortuzzo, Gunnarson, Allen, and Schwartz were all on the 2015-2016 team that made the WCF.

Barbashev and Sanford played in the 2016-2017 post season.

Perron played in the SCF last season with Vegas.

Del Zotto played in the 2011-2012 ECF while Maroon played in the 2014-2015 WCF with Anaheim.

Schenn, Sundqvist, ROR, and Bozak have also played in the post season with other teams.

The only players on the roster who have not played a PO game are Binnington, MacEachern, Thomas, and Blais.

I do not understand how the Blues lack "playoff experience".

That’s all we heard last playoffs 2018 so some Jets fan is paying it forward..

Don’t take it personally I’m pretty sure it was a joke

Go :jets Go

Reactions: simon IC

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
An interesting thing- when the Blues were close to last place in late November and basically written off, the Jets coach Paul Maurice predicted that they would get back in the mix (also said the same of the Hawks).

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
This is the same storyline as the Hamburgler in Ottawa a few years back.

Binnington will fall back to his baseline stats.

The Blues are way more than just Binnington though. Binnington doesn't have to play out of his head... as long as their goalies give them league average goaltending the rest of their play has been good enough that it would still be a tough series.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
The Blues are way more than just Binnington though. Binnington doesn't have to play out of his head... as long as their goalies give them league average goaltending the rest of their play has been good enough that it would still be a tough series.

Totally. I just don't see how they can hang with the Jets when we turn up the heat. We're deeper than them, more skilled.

Reactions: Louie the Blue

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
While I kinda wanted Nashville, there is some fun in facing a team I actually like, at least for now.

This series feels interesting in the sense that the teams strengths are very similar to each other. Both can and will play 4 lines deep, and each line could be a threat on the right day. Both have defense units that can be elite, though I prefer the Blues right now due to Bouwmeesters resurgence and Colt becoming the defender we knew he could be. Goaltending leans to Winnipeg due to past experience but could go either way.

I will be a homer and stay the Blues stay hot and end it in 6, but this could be a heck of a series.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Totally. I just don't see how they can hang with the Jets when we turn up the heat. We're deeper than them, more skilled.

Deeper is a stretch. Blues had 13 10 goal scorers this year with 15 at 8. The Blues biggest strength right now is depth and defensive positioning.

Reactions: sfvega

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
While I kinda wanted Nashville, there is some fun in facing a team I actually like, at least for now.

This series feels interesting in the sense that the teams strengths are very similar to each other. Both can and will play 4 lines deep, and each line could be a threat on the right day. Both have defense units that can be elite, though I prefer the Blues right now due to Bouwmeesters resurgence and Colt becoming the defender we knew he could be. Goaltending leans to Winnipeg due to past experience but could go either way.

I will be a homer and stay the Blues stay hot and end it in 6, but this could be a heck of a series.

agreed ( for now :naughty: ) ...... i dont like em but i can respect them ..... the nashville diving club , not so much ....

Reactions: Bluenatic

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Josh Morrissey is the most important D man the Jets have.
Hard to think he'll be up to full speed effectiveness though and may actually not be able to play in game 1.
Jets have been so inconsistent all season (even when winning) that it's hard to have much faith in them.
Jets fans have to hope their team can get past the 2nd half struggles and find the groove that made them so good last year.

St Louis is a really tough team to draw in the first round and it feels like a coin toss...
Unless Laine wakes up... then it's just not fair.

But he's in deep hibernation so the Blues don't have to worry too much about that.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Josh Morrissey is the most important D man the Jets have.
Hard to think he'll be up to full speed effectiveness though and may actually not be able to play in game 1.
Jets have been so inconsistent all season (even when winning) that it's hard to have much faith in them.
Jets fans have to hope their team can get past the 2nd half struggles and find the groove that made them so good last year.

St Louis is a really tough team to draw in the first round and it feels like a coin toss...
Unless Laine wakes up... then it's just not fair.

But he's in deep hibernation so the Blues don't have to worry too much about that.

tenor.gif

Regular season boredom is over...

Now the fun begins....

Go :jets Go

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
This series is gonna be awesome.

Can go either way.

Jets have not been playing well lately

I caught a few blues games and they look really good

In the end, this is a series for hockey fans. Can't wait.

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
An interesting thing- when the Blues were close to last place in late November and basically written off, the Jets coach Paul Maurice predicted that they would get back in the mix (also said the same of the Hawks).

Any formal quote here? I believe it but would be interesting to listen

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
What are "Things Minnesota Wild fans said about the Blues the last time the Blues made the playoffs?"

I don’t even think that’s a good comparison. In that series, the Blues were legitimately outmatched and their goaltender pretty much stood on his head.

In this case, the Blues are just a better hockey team IMO. The sum of Winnipeg’s parts might be greater than the sum of St. Louis’s parts, but games are not played on paper. They’re played on the ice and St. Louis’s coaching gets so much more out of their players than Winnipeg’s does.

Reactions: STLomacneko

CaptainUgly

27 Time World Champions
Apr 22, 2018
Last 25 games both clubs

St.Louis 15-6-4 | 3.08GF | 2.44GA | Opponents Winning % .536

Winnipeg 11-12-2 | 2.96GF | 3.24GA | Opponents Winning % .570

Reactions: Creed Bratton
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events