WCQF: (2) Winnipeg Jets vs. (3) Minnesota Wild | Winnipeg Leads Series 3-1

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
James Neal gets away with a lot. Always has. Do recall him taking out Parise a few seasons ago with a knee.

sixty minute hockey

Feb 7, 2012
Manitoba
What i fear most for the Jets is that if they have a two goal lead late into the third I know Bruce will send goons with intent to injure the Jets because that's the type of coach he is. I hope the reffing can put a stop to that before it starts. Or if it does happen the NHL will be as quick to hand out a punishment as they were for Morrissey.

Reactions: Snowman

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
What i fear most for the Jets is that if they have a two goal lead late into the third I know Bruce will send goons with intent to injure the Jets because that's the type of coach he is. I hope the reffing can put a stop to that before it starts. Or if it does happen the NHL will be as quick to hand out a punishment as they were for Morrissey.
I wouldn't worry about that.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny

we don't have any goons. we don't even have anyone who likes to hit people.

Reactions: Uncle Bob

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Doesn't take a goon to do dirty plays. Just takes a very frustrated player.
yeah but i was responding to "sending out the goons" at the end of the game. We don't have anyone that would "send a message" or whatever terminology you want to use.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
yeah but i was responding to "sending out the goons" at the end of the game. We don't have anyone that would "send a message" or whatever terminology you want to use.
I mean, if they replace Ennis with Gabriel instead of Rau... Not likely, but not impossible.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
I really don't know what purpose goons would serve at the end of any scenario involving a Jets lead late in the third. There won't be a next game to "set the tone" for if we just give up trying. Players aren't going to want to injure themselves just to prove the aren't cowed by defeat...orbital bone surgery will cut into vacation time and broken knuckles will ruin the golf swing.

Reactions: Saintb and Cellee

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I really don't know what purpose goons would serve at the end of any scenario involving a Jets lead late in the third. There won't be a next game to "set the tone" for if we just give up trying. Players aren't going to want to injure themselves just to prove the aren't cowed by defeat...orbital bone surgery will cut into vacation time and broken knuckles will ruin the golf swing.
I cannot remember a team doing it.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
No Morrissey , no problem. Jets still win and Josh gets a little extra rest.
Win Win!!

Yeah, this could actually be a positive for the Jets. With all of their D getting hurt, Morrissey gets a rest in a game that the Wild are gonna be in tough. Jets should polish off the Wild with ease on home ice and Morrissey will be back and rested

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
DoPS basically just threw the refs under the bus by suspending Morrissey. Basically admitting the refs f***ed up :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad