WCQF: (1) Nashville Predators vs. (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | Nashville Leads Series 3-2

Nashville vs Colorado

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Preds too deep. I see them on a Cup mission. This year they have the talent and experience.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Nightmare matchup for Colorado. Their one line against a team who has the defense to match up. A miracle would be needed for the Avs to win. The only way I see it going the Avs way is if Nashville somehow overlooks the Avs, the Avs get belief, and also they get every lucky bounce. I think this one will be over in 4-5.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Avs fans will be satisfied with a 6 game series that gives them an extra home game and not getting swept.

Odds are decent the Preds sweep to be honest....but if I have learned anything in 20+ years of watching NHL hockey...a hot goalie, a sluggish start, and some dumb puck luck can fell even the most dominate of teams.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Preds are insanely strong team. Have to go with the odds here. Preds in 5. Cool to see Avs in the PO's though.

Know what though? All the pressure is on them to win now. We've literally got nothing to lose. I kind of hope that means they are squeezing their sticks, and we play relaxed, and can play upbeat, fast, hard hockey. If we lose, it will be expected (to most people - I think we'll win), and if we win, I think we'll look amazing, and it might set us up for a run.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I don't think the Avs have much of a chance but don't care. The fact they even made the playoffs is pretty cool, and will be good experience for the young guys.

Preds in 5.

Reactions: cgf

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Know what though? All the pressure is on them to win now. We've literally got nothing to lose. I kind of hope that means they are squeezing their sticks, and we play relaxed, and can play upbeat, fast, hard hockey. If we lose, it will be expected (to most people - I think we'll win), and if we win, I think we'll look amazing, and it might set us up for a run.

That's true. The odds are Preds will win this but there's always a chance for either team to win.

Reactions: Sea Eagles

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Looking forward to this series, should be some exciting games. Rooting for Colorado but not sure they can matchup for 7 games without Varly/EJ. If Mack goes god mode then who knows though. I also think Nashville comes out extremely hungry after getting robbed last year.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
If by some miracle the Avs pull this off this could be one of the greatest upsets in NHL history.

but the Avs are 0-4 against Nashville in the regular season. I can't see that happening.

Reactions: Doothpick

TBanff

Apr 11, 2012
The Avalanche have snow chance at all against the Predators. Nashville in 5.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
If by some miracle the Avs pull this off this could be one of the greatest upsets in NHL history.

but the Avs are 0-4 against Nashville in the regular season. I can't see that happening.

I definitely think it was be a pleasant surprise if we take this to 6 games, but it's hard to go off of the season series. Playoffs are a whole new season.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I think this is going to be more difficult than expected. The Avs have the speed to math the Preds. I think this goes to six at least.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
Every year there is always a team or two that is just happy to be in the playoffs and they get dispatched pretty quickly. I feel the Avs may be that team this year.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
The way the Avs celebrated after that empty net goal I think this was their stanley cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad