WCQF: (1) Nashville Predators vs. (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | Nashville Leads Series 3-2

Nashville vs Colorado

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I realize this. But he said we don’t have anybody that can keep up with Mack.

4-0 during the season says otherwise

Besides stats speaking Nashville was the better team going in against Chicago last season. Crawford not playing well in the series and giving up some really poor rebounds definitely helped, but Nashville was truthfully the better team from an advanced stats perspective.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
Colorado is facing leagues biggest monster who's gonna devour the likes of Pittsburgh this year so no cake for the Avs unfortunately

NothingLikeAnEJ

Jimmies: Rustled
Jan 24, 2011
Avs are playing with house money now. Should be an entertaining series. Hopefully the Avs can sneak out a couple wins but I don't see this series taking longer than 6 games for Nashville.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Preds are insanely strong team. Have to go with the odds here. Preds in 5. Cool to see Avs in the PO's though.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
It’s more the fact that Nashville doesn’t have a centre or perhaps even single player who can keep up with MacKinnon. Let’s see whatcha got Subban/Josi

I realize things are exciting now and that's fantastic, but you may want to slow your roll a bit. There were what? 2, maybe 3, entire teams who could keep up with Nashville all year. A great top line isn't going to be enough on its own.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Preds in 4.

Not saying it'll be easy but it's just hard for me to see Nashville lose a game. (Although I did say the same thing last year with Chicago against Nashville).

I don't know, I think MacKinnon and Rants will steal one with individual performance.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I don't know, I think MacKinnon and Rants will steal one with individual performance.

Yeah this is where I am. I see that top line stealing one and then another game going to Colorado in which they get some secondary scoring and Nashville just doesn't.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Yeah this is where I am. I see that top line stealing one and then another game going to Colorado in which they get some secondary scoring and Nashville just doesn't.

Yup. Although I wouldn't be floored by a sweep I still think Avs do get 1, possibly 2 wins.

Reactions: ThirdManIn

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Ugh, couldn’t a better team face Nashville for Round 1? Avs will get swept.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I realize things are exciting now and that's fantastic, but you may want to slow your roll a bit. There were what? 2, maybe 3, entire teams who could keep up with Nashville all year. A great top line isn't going to be enough on its own.

It was more in reference to the Landeskog beast mode comment that I should’ve quoted. If someone’s more likely to take over a game for Colorado it’ll be MacKinnon before Landeskog.

In any case, the points you’re making are just as irrelevant as mine, because a new season starts next week. Nashville’s certainties are no more certain than Chicago’s were last year against them.

Reactions: Georgetown Al

NeverBeNormal

Mar 27, 2007
I hope we see Mack step up like he did rookie year against the Wild. He's proven this season he can be unstoppable at times. He has to be huge for any chance for the Avs. Love to see some good games from Zads & Sammy, just to prove that Sakic's actually gotten good assets from bad circumstances.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Should be 5 games for the Preds but I see the Avs squeezing in two wins.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
I predicted the Preds to win Lord Stanley at the start of the season and I'm sticking with that pick.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Preds in 5. I'd say Preds in 6/7 if we had a healthy Varly/EJ and finished stronger, but who knows what Avs team will show up against Nashville.

Either way, i'm just happy to have some post-season games. The only way this season could've had a better finish is if that Ottawa pick was unprotected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->