WCQF: (1) Nashville Predators vs. (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | Nashville Leads Series 3-2

Nashville vs Colorado

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Nashville is a better team overall, even if McKinnon is currently one of the best players in the world. I call a sweep here, with the Preds winning then obviously.

In the playoffs all the top teams are capable of shutting down any single line forcing the other lines to have to step up and I'm not sure the Avs have the depth to be able to pull that off. If Nate plays out of his mind we may see him get a PPG but I don't think he'll be able to take over too much.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

I mean he picked one of the worst Targaryen's ever for his sn, the one who ended their reign & almost ended their line just because he couldn't keep it in his pants. So one can't expect good decision making from that poster.

Reactions: Weast

quesosauce

Feb 5, 2008
Denver
However, that empty net celebration was super super cringey.

Playoffs are for men, not boys.

The avs are the youngest team in the league, most of the roster hasnt been to the playoffs together, and they had just iced the game vs a team they usually struggle mightily against. I think the celebration was a little over the top, but cringy? Cool story bro

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Avs in 6. Split in Smashville, Predators become disoriented from the altitude, come back down 3-1, win in Nashville, then again lose to a miraculous performance by Jost. Jost celebrated by Rotary Service and Library festival, via his St. Albert roots.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Preds in 5 if they come out ready to play from the drop of the puck game 1. Preds in 6 if they come in a little overconfident.

The Avs are still a few years away from developing their young players and adding key pieces through FA/trades to compete with the big boys. Besides having the advantage when comparing first lines the Preds have the advantage everywhere else.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
I think there's only two teams in the league that can credibly take on the Predators. The Avs are definitely not one of them.

Perhaps the thin air clips Nashville once. Predators in a dominant 5.

AvalancheRy

Feb 13, 2009
I was planning on rooting for Nashville in playoffs at the beginning of the season. Love their style and fanbase. But hopefully the Avs can put up a good fight. I missed playoff hockey!!!

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
The Avs have the best player in the series, but nothing is stopping Nashville right now even if the Avs weren’t injured and icing a million rookies.

Realistically I’d be happy if the Avs can steal a game or two and play competitively.

Hey if you’re going to lose in the playoffs at least it’s to the Stanley Cup winners :cheers:

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
The Avs have the best player in the series, but nothing is stopping Nashville right now even if the Avs weren’t injured and icing a million rookies.

Realistically I’d be happy if the Avs can steal a game or two and play competitively.

Hey if you’re going to lose in the playoffs at least it’s to the Stanley Cup winners :cheers:

I appreciate your optimism for us. I will concede the Avs have the best skater in the series. But they may not have the best player.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Just need to suckerpunch them in one of the games before it swings back to Colorado, where we're a different team.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I was rooting for the Avalanche to beat the Blues. However, that empty net celebration was super super cringey.

Nashville in 4. Playoffs are for men, not boys.
Imagine kids being joyfull, what do they think? That this an entertainment event? We can't have that.

Buzzkills moaning about it makes it that much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad