WC: May 6 GDT - Sweden vs. Finland

Jokerit Wasp

Mar 8, 2004
Quite possibly the most boring Finland v Sweden game ever?!

Finland had all the chances, but never looked like scoring, Sweden just never looked like scoring...

Congrats to Backlund, you were solid.

Finnish forwards...37 shots, 0 goals...nice going!

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Team Finland was not a notch better than in the game against switzerland.

But swedes seemed very tame against the boards, are guys like Emwall and Hedström really your "strong" guys?

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Well, I guess we can thank Lehtonen for being a screwup for this win. Finland deserved to win this game. They actually created some chances, they actually looked like they wanted to win by putting some effort into this poor excuse for a hockey game. Sweden didn't do one constructive thing through the entire game. If this is BÃ…Gs game plan for beating better teams like Russia or Canada then I hope this swedish team gets beaten and beaten good. Jebus how I despise this coward style of hockey.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Well, I guess we can thank Lehtonen for being a screwup for this win. Finland deserved to win this game. They actually created some chances, they actually looked like they wanted to win by putting some effort into this poor excuse for a hockey game. Sweden didn't do one constructive thing through the entire game. If this is BÃ…Gs game plan for beating better teams like Russia or Canada then I hope this swedish team gets beaten and beaten good. Jebus how I despise this coward style of hockey.

Finland didn't look like they wanted to win at all. Why was Kallio dressed in that case?

And why the cautious offense?

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Better team won. No team deserves a win if they cant score on a regular time.

Quite obvious. This is after all goal scoring competition. But I'm abit surprised how passive Sweden was today. They had only 3-4 scoring changes and Finland had 10+. If they play like this against Russia they're gonna get beaten badly.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Nice game, poor finishing. Finland dominated clearly but sometimes this happens...one weak goal decides and a hot goalie is the hero. Some days this game could have ended 7-1, today it was 0-1. Of course we have a big problem with the goal scoring, but if you look at the game against Russia, we scored lots. So it's about the day...

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
One would wonder.

Looked like they strict orders to avoid body contact at any cost :/

No, I saw them trying, I even saw Viuhkola fending off both Emwall and Bäckström at the same time at one time o_O

And what wrong has Emwall done to play on the line with Steen and Bäckström? Neither look like they belong.

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
Well, our impotent offensive game won't take us far in the tournament.

Backlund surprised me, he looked quite solid.

Bäckström never face any pp-time, atleast that's my feeling. BÅG need to create "special teams" for the special team-play if we are going anywhere this year.

The three points are welcome though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad