WC: May 6 GDT - Sweden vs. Finland

Jokerit Wasp

Mar 8, 2004
Are J.Ruutu and Kapanen on bonus systems for stupid penalties taken???

Not the best period, Backlund looks solid, think Sweden is their for the taking, but is Finland up to the task?

T.Ruutu looks pumped...

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Erkka should give Ruutu-Koivu-Kallio alot more ice time. They've been the best line today. Bench Kapanen-Hentunen-Pärssinen, they suck in this game.

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
"Bergillä ei maalinteko, eikä muukaan ole tuttua hommaa":D Nice call by Mertaranta.

FinnswissX

May 20, 2005
Can anyone tell me if the shots of the Finnish players are too harmless or if the Swedish goalie is playing too well?

Phenomenon

Jun 10, 2006
Erkka should give Ruutu-Koivu-Kallio alot more ice time. They've been the best line today. Bench Kapanen-Hentunen-Pärssinen, they suck in this game.

Tomi Kallio has been great in this game and created excellent scoring chances for younger Ruutu. Pärssinen is the weakest link in their line. Replace him with Kontiola or Bergenheim.

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
Oh no I dont hate Norrena. He was just bad against Russia. I wish he would not have been!

Yeah first and last goals were weak and he did not do anything to stop the two powerplay goals...he could not move laterally. If he would have been able to move laterally, he could have had a good chance to stop them, but he left the goal completely open on both so...Its not that he should have saved them both...but he should have been able to give a better effort to do so.

Ok, I can understand your reasoning but at the same time I think it's completely unreasonable and unfair. Whole team played like **** and Norrena was one of the better players in it, and I only counted the first goal as really weak. In the last goal you could just as easily blame it on Aki Berg, who was preparing to give Norrena a lapdance instead of trying to stop the russian guy.

The thing that generally pissed me off about all the critique toward Norrena after game against Russia, is that he seems to be such a convenient spittoon. If Lehtonen played a similar game, I think most people would have just shrugged and said:"Oh well, it wasn't his fault, team didn't help him at all."

dmonk

doughberle
Feb 13, 2007
Raleigh, NC
So, will you be without Ovechkin?

Doesn't matter. Ovechkin was wasted the entire tournament and didn't do much.
I'd rather have Zinoviev back for tomorrow's game.
The disciplinary commision should make a decision on Ovy tonight at 11:15PM Moscow time..

FinnswissX

May 20, 2005
It seems that team Finland shows the old finnish weakness, they need too many chances to score, may be if they arrive to 50 shots, they score finally.

FinnswissX

May 20, 2005
So what now, is Backlund playing a world class performance or are the Finnish players just too harmless?

Mahox

Noncontroversial
Nov 13, 2005
Kukkonen, Saravo and Berg look fantasticly terrible today. (once again)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->