WC: May 6 GDT - Sweden vs. Finland

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
I understand that you hate Norrena, but 4 weak goals? :shakehead

Oh no I dont hate Norrena. He was just bad against Russia. I wish he would not have been!

Yeah first and last goals were weak and he did not do anything to stop the two powerplay goals...he could not move laterally. If he would have been able to move laterally, he could have had a good chance to stop them, but he left the goal completely open on both so...Its not that he should have saved them both...but he should have been able to give a better effort to do so.

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
Great play by Ruutu.

He decided to block the shot and let Kari see the puck. Not like so many others who just stand there and block the view of the goalie and don't stop the puck either.

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
What on EARTH was that penalty to Ruutu? He did absolutely nothing, just stood there and tried to help teammates a bit.

Both teams should have been penalized.

Not really. He comes in from behind without no reason... thats a penalty in NHL as well. The canadian ref is right. What i don´t understand how the hell Errka Westlund can pick him for the national team... its embarrasing.

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
Jarkko Ruutu has been our best player so far today. So much energy and sisu.

hdw

Jul 9, 2006
Stockholm
What on EARTH was that penalty to Ruutu? He did absolutely nothing, just stood there and tried to help teammates a bit.

Both teams should have been penalized.

He went in as 3:rd and gave whoever it was a little loving touch from behind.

That isn't esp liked by refs on any side of the atlantic.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Not really. He comes in from behind without no reason... thats a penalty in NHL as well. The canadian ref is right. What i don´t understand how the hell Errka Westlund can pick him for the national team... its embarrasing.

I think you already got your answer...who drew that penalty?

Ruutu also set up a scoring chance in first period. He is VERY valuable.

Talentless Practise*

Ruutu got it because he was the third man into the situation.
But how can there be a third man in penalty for a situation that noone gets penalized? Oh well, good kill and now PP Finland.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
So the 4th man who was a swede didnt bother the ref?
"Third man in" is a matter of speech as well I think. I guess the ref thought Ruutu did the most to deserve a penalty. He was the only one throwing a punch, but I'm not sure, it was a pretty tight scrum.

But yeah, normally you penalize both teams.

hdw

Jul 9, 2006
Stockholm
So the 4th man who was a swede didnt bother the ref?

Basicly no.

Two players having a squabble isn't that bad.
A third coming in to have a whack from behind is bad.
The fourth coming in and whacking number 3 is called "you asked for it" :)

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
No point in crying about the ref. It is what it is and you just have to live with it whether you like it or not.

hdw

Jul 9, 2006
Stockholm
One could definitely suspect what was said to J.Ruutu by Hörnquist.

"Din jävla f***a."

:)
I giggled at the comment from rinkside.

"Jarkko Ruutu and Hedström is yapping at eachother all the time, esp when going back to the bench, and they are not exactly comparing vacation memories.".

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Good game so far, but like always we need someone to score. Where's Selänne :)
Ref's been good and I like the way Finland is forechecking and hitting. Hopefully we manage to score at the third.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad