WC: May 6 GDT - Sweden vs. Finland

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
Hopefully, this will be a great game.

I will give the edge to Finland, in this game we will notice the importance of great goaltenders.

Finland wins, 3-1.

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
These games can go eihter way, Finland has been having trouble with their lines and thats not a good sign. On the other hand Finland has more NHL players, so..

FinnswissX

May 20, 2005
Hopefully Jarkko Ruutu will renounce on his stupid checks, which only lead to an unnecessary match penalty.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
This is it, we don't care about any medals, the only thing that matters in this tournament is that we crush Finland. :madfire:

:)

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Quite funny that there's more talk about hedström than about ruutu! Hedström have already won the pre-game fight :sarcasm:

Tonzan

Dec 23, 2005
Finland
Lets see how this turns out. Everytime Finland and Sweden plays I give the edge to Swedes. I haven't really seen Swedes play in this tounament but I assume that they are playing as they normally do. Especially in this match-up anything can happen. I hope this J.Ruutu-Hedström thingy is not only made up by the press and something interesting happens on that front too.. :)

hdw

Jul 9, 2006
Stockholm
I hope this J.Ruutu-Hedström thingy is not only made up by the press and something interesting happens on that front too.. :)

Not entirely made up.
They don't like each other very much :)
I might have to do with Jonte stating to media that Ruutu was just a clownish thug that couldn't play hockey and calling the entire finnish lions for 'muppets' :)

But I'd say that Jonte has mellowed a bit since last.
He's still gritty and needs to be angry to play, but he is less likely to do something stupid.

He'll most likely try to get either of the Ruutu's to snap and get ejected, but I think that he'll try to stay on the ice.

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
And while at it, buy a mask for Hedström making him look like a man ^^
:handclap: :biglaugh:

...you owe me money for clean up of the coffee I just spilled onto my keyboard :yo:

hdw

Jul 9, 2006
Stockholm
On a somewhat different note.

Someone who knows the bracket good enough to know if we still can face the Lions in the final no matter who wins this game?

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Someone who knows the bracket good enough to know if we still can face the Lions in the final no matter who wins this game?

Given how Sweden have played so far, you don't need to know the bracket (new meaning of the word bracket learned today) to figure out the answer to that one, "miracle on ice" I tell ya :sarcasm:

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I heard that dreaded Czech Milan Minar will be the ref for the game. Oh god please no... I expect around 284 PIM, the last 20 on Hedström because he coughed funny.

Bottomline is, that ref is a skating disaster and the game will be decided on the countless PP opportunities.

Last edited:

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Finnish TV asked Ruutu if he wanted to send any greetings to Jonathan Hedström after yesterdays game. Ruutu smiled a bit and said "Jonathan who?"

I think those two will try to get under eachothers skin all night, and probably they will be diving for penalties against eachother.

I kinda hope they would just drop the gloves and go. Ruutu would naturally kick his butt, but if it becomes a diving competition I think Hedström wins that.

Should be an interesting game for sure.

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
Westerlund is making no sense with these line changes, now Kontiola and Bergenheim are benched..

One thing is certain, Finland is missing first line center.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Bottomline is, that ref is a skating disaster and the game will be decided on the countless PP opportunities.

All of the refs I have seen so far have been disasters. Hitting is not allowed but hooking and interference is just ok in their book. As long as the ref is fair for both teams and judges every player with the same rules, it's all good.

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
Jonathan who?

The way I see it the outcome of today's game is unimportant in the sense that all of the teams that will advance from the other group are equally tough imo. So it doesn't matter if Finland finishes first or fourth in their own group the quarter-final is going to be difficult no matter what (based on history it would be nice to avoid the Czech's or Canada though).

Having said that, you have to remember the first rule of hockey: You do not lose to Sweden!

If Finland can beat Sweden and maybe finish ahead of them in the final standings I'll be satisfied even if we don't get a medal.:)

I think Sweden will win this game, it doesn't matter how many nhl-players we have or how much stronger we look on paper, since we always panic against Sweden. And I somehow doubt that our excellent tactic of winning games from the penalty box will work today.:sarcasm:

And Jarkko: I expect you to do your worst. Show this Jonathon Headstorm character the place of the closet.:teach:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->