Value of: Wayne Simmonds

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Yes i thought it was closer. Didnt check obviously. But point still stands: you dont get same returns for Wayne today as these 2.

I'm not suggesting the same returns. Tippet and 15 is not equal to either of the returns Richards and Carter fetched. It's close to what the Bruins received for Lucic, and not even as good.

And, I'm not so sure about Simmonds' value compared to Richards and Carter. They were traded for locker room issues and needed a fresh start. Simmonds is the ultimate character player and teammate. He was playing severely injured in the playoffs - and a good chunk of the season - so if you're basing your value of him from that, you're not being realistic. Like I said, tons of undervaluing Simmonds here.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
For those wondering about Simmer's decline this year, Meltzer's got a summary of factors that may have had something to do with it:

Simmonds injury summary: torn pelvis since training camp (likely needs surgery). Then pulled groin. Then ankle fracture. 4 hours of dental surgery then multiple tooth extractions. Then torn thumb ligaments, which was only injury he sat out to heal.

And he played through it all, giving his best and never once complaining.

Another quote from Meltzer....

Simmonds: I can't not play. If I am not dead, or I am not deathly sick, I will play.

Yeah, there will be 30 teams lining up for him if the Flyers put him in play.

JayB

May 30, 2012
Is there any change dto these players with Simmonds:

Boone Jenner
Charlie Coyle
Radek Faksa
Sam Bennet
Sam Reinhart
Curtiz Lazar

I think one option and idea would be trade Simmer and keep half of his salary cause we have room for that.

Crocoduck

Mar 3, 2013
Peterborough, Ont.

Boone Jenner
Charlie Coyle
Radek Faksa
Sam Bennet
Sam Reinhart
Curtiz Lazar

I think one option and idea would be trade Simmer and keep half of his salary cause we have room for that.
No on Radek Faksa. I like Simmonds, but Faksa is too important to Dallas to move at this point.

ItMe

Jan 4, 2017
Simmonds should have been traded last season. The way Hextall operates, I'm starting to think Simmonds won't be dealt at all.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014

Boone Jenner
Charlie Coyle
Radek Faksa
Sam Bennet
Sam Reinhart
Curtiz Lazar

Yeah im gonna double down on the no to Faksa. With Spezza having a year left, Hanzal a question mark to play an other game, Seguin needing a contract I dont think we are in a position to trade away a center

Tedeward

Jan 24, 2014
Philly

Boone Jenner
Charlie Coyle
Radek Faksa
Sam Bennet
Sam Reinhart
Curtiz Lazar

IIRC there were some rumors between Buffalo and Philly at the deadline and some people thought that the conversations were centered around Reinhart.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Simmonds should have been traded last season. The way Hextall operates, I'm starting to think Simmonds won't be dealt at all.
IIRC there were some rumors between Buffalo and Philly at the deadline and some people thought that the conversations were centered around Reinhart.
I think he will be resigned unless he's looking for 6+ years. I think 5yr 30 imillion would get it done. But If they trade him I think a ton of teams will be interested as a ton of big money teams have cap room with a pretty crappy FA class. I think Buffalo in a deal involving Reinhart makes a ton of sense so does the Florida and Calgary offers. All those teams + Toronto & Montreal would have varying interests imo. Also could see a ton of interest from west coast teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad