Value of: Wayne Simmonds

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Simmonds has had an awful year by his standards, but it could be down to recurring injury.

Ideally we wouldn’t trade someone at their lowest value, but it makes too much sense for us to do it now. A 1st and a NHL ready prospect works for me.

Reactions: Tedeward

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Some pretty good offer here.

1st + Thompson (Blues)
1st + Kostin (Blues)
1st + Bracco (Maple Leafs)

are not bad value.

I'd prefer Kostin out of the three.

nilssont

May 27, 2007
Ducks should try and grab Simmonds if he’s available. Both Ritchie and Silfverberg were under performing this season. Simmonds makes about as much $$$ as silfverberg and a hell of a lot better player.

Trade Silfverberg to someone and then inquire the Flyers on what the asking price is.

I agree that Simmonds is def a better player, but at least Silf shows up for the playoffs

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
I dont know about his NO TRADE LIST , But i know his dad personally ONLY team he would like to play for that HIS DAD ( NOT WAYNE HIM SELF ) told me would be the RED WINGS , I know he loves Philly and he would love to retire there if he could

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Some pretty good offer here.

1st + Thompson (Blues)
1st + Kostin (Blues)
1st + Bracco (Maple Leafs)

are not bad value.

I'd prefer Kostin out of the three.
I can't see the Blues giving up BOTH a 1st and Kostin, I believe the original ask was just Kostin straight up. This year for the Blues will be a bit in limbo. Will the players who had down years rebound to their norm? Will the kids finally coming up make an impact? Which Jake Allen will show up? The team is being built to start a serious run in 2019-2020, with the possibility that if everything lines up perfectly, they COULD make some noise this year. But, with Simmonds being a UFA when we are going to really compete, I don't see the Blues going that way, especially if Kyrou, Kostin or Thompson on RW really take off. If that would be the case (hopefully it is), then Simmonds would probably be a top 9 RW, which he will command too much on his UFA contract for the Blues to consider re-signing. It will be his last big chance to cash in and someone will probably pay him handsomely.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
We will see what surgery if any he has now. He was hurt and not close to 100%. No reason to trade him at this point as Flyers don't have an abundance of forwards to begin with.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I agree that Simmonds is def a better player, but at least Silf shows up for the playoffs

This years playoffs was brutal. No one showed up to play against the Sharks besides Cogliano. And that includes Silfverberg.

Perry needs to go, Ritchie, and Silfverberg. This forward group stinks. We need someone like Simmonds if made available.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
still a good solid player but aging power forward. i wouldn't give up a 1st and prospect for him.

could be Milan lucic situation 2.0. buyer be(very)ware.

and he's got 1 year left, who knows what he's looking for after this year. probably a shit ton of money considering he was well underpaid in his prime at a 3.9 cap hit. he's gonna get paid for prior performances.

pass

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Seems like a perfect fit for the Habs, brings everything we need. A big, physical right winger that can score in our top 6.

I'm not sure what the value is on one year of Simmonds.

I'd be willing to do the 2019 1st (lottery protected) and Nikita Scherbak from a Habs perspective I think.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
still a good solid player but aging power forward. i wouldn't give up a 1st and prospect for him.

could be Milan lucic situation 2.0. buyer be(very)ware.

and he's got 1 year left, who knows what he's looking for after this year. probably a **** ton of money considering he was well underpaid in his prime at a 3.9 cap hit. he's gonna get paid for prior performances.

pass

Too vague. What if its a late first and a B prospect? Or an early 2nd from a weaker team.
Probably will ask for 5-6 with term.

Or hold on to him and hope he gets you a 1st at the tdl. Body wasnt right. Logic says he works his a** off to get that next contract. He did score 24 goals this year. That would be 2nd on the Habs. :)

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Seems like a perfect fit for the Habs, brings everything we need. A big, physical right winger that can score in our top 6.

I'm not sure what the value is on one year of Simmonds.

I'd be willing to do the 2019 1st (lottery protected) and Nikita Scherbak from a Habs perspective I think.
12 team no trade list though.
You should keep Scherbak. You need goals.
A top 10 protected first is ok. Becomes unprotected in 2020 + a 3rd like in the STL deal. Add your choice of Lindgren or De La Rose.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Serious question has Simmonds slowed down a lot? I'd still do the WPG pick and Blais. Would love to send Sobotka back as wel if possible

Theres a lot of talk about him having played through an injury this year, but nothing confirmed. We likely won't know until exit day for sure though. The drop off this year was pretty noticeable, so I've gotta believe something was wrong and that, depending on what it was, he should be able to return to normal-ish levels.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Theres a lot of talk about him having played through an injury this year, but nothing confirmed. We likely won't know until exit day for sure though. The drop off this year was pretty noticeable, so I've gotta believe something was wrong and that, depending on what it was, he should be able to return to normal-ish levels.

Small sample size but he just looked slow during the playoffs and he didn't look like his normal self at all. Really hope he does recover though, he's fun to watch when he's firing.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
That is the problem is teams and fans always want to trade a player at their lowest and expect too much for the player.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
That is the problem is teams and fans always want to trade a player at their lowest and expect too much for the player.

I think you'll be surprised what we get back for him (a lot).

I do think Hexy is trading him this offseason...but I think it'll be a swap like Simmonds and a pick for MaxPac and a pick at the draft.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
I like the Brown plus a first from the Leafs. Brown helps our third line and as stated previously having three first rounders provides a lot of opportunity to move around or to just draft three players to add to the pipeline.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
I can't see the Blues giving up BOTH a 1st and Kostin, I believe the original ask was just Kostin straight up. This year for the Blues will be a bit in limbo. Will the players who had down years rebound to their norm? Will the kids finally coming up make an impact? Which Jake Allen will show up? The team is being built to start a serious run in 2019-2020, with the possibility that if everything lines up perfectly, they COULD make some noise this year. But, with Simmonds being a UFA when we are going to really compete, I don't see the Blues going that way, especially if Kyrou, Kostin or Thompson on RW really take off. If that would be the case (hopefully it is), then Simmonds would probably be a top 9 RW, which he will command too much on his UFA contract for the Blues to consider re-signing. It will be his last big chance to cash in and someone will probably pay him handsomely.

True. I misread the proposal.

I am not sure a 1-for-1 deal would be enough. I'd rather settle for Kostin and 2nd.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Serious question has Simmonds slowed down a lot? I'd still do the WPG pick and Blais. Would love to send Sobotka back as wel if possible

His skating is fine.
Simmonds has been exceptionally healthy for a power forward and this has been the first season in his career where he had to deal with multiple (unrelated) injuries: groin tear, foot, lost some teeth in a fight and all together was holding him back and made him shy away a little from contact, which hurt his play because he is money in front of the net. But he he still managed to put up 24 goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad