Ontario, Canada
2018 1st (assume FLA stays at #16)
2019 2nd
Pysyk or RFA rights to Petrovic or 2019 3rd
Mascherin/Hunt
Malgin

For

Simmonds (((= 1st + Malgin))
MacDonald = ((Mascherin/Hunt + Pysyk/Petrovic or 3rd))
Myers = ((2nd))

PHILLY gets some capspace, getting younger, cheaper and allowing for more picks to finalize the build.

Malgin is a fast RW/C playmaker with a decent shot, just needs some more TOI, still young but hungry, NHL ready.

Mascherin has a laser beam shot on the LW, maybe needs a year in AHL to work on defensive side of things.
Hunt is more suited for bottom 6 with his build, also has a pretty good shot and has been one of our better LW in AHL. Possibly ready this year or next.

(Pysyk/Petrovic could be flipped if this trade is at draft, also if the plan is bringing in Sanheim next year)
I figured Myers is somewhat available with Ghost and Sanheim on RD?

FLORIDA takes on extra cap, mortgages some future to get another top 6 RW, one with grit/physicality, playoff experience and net front presence. Has been pretty healthy for a PWF type player. Think the warm weather will do him good. Would re-sign to a 5-6 yr deal at $6 million with no state tax.

MacDonald is an upgrade on Pysyk/Petrovic and Mac's contract runs out right as our defense prospects become ready, Myers, Stillman and Schemitsch being some of them.

Way off? 3 beers deep so may be a little buzzed.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
2019 2nd
Mascherin/Hunt
Malgin

For

Myers = ((2nd))

PHILLY gets some capspace, getting younger, cheaper and allowing for more picks to finalize the build.

Malgin is a fast RW/C playmaker with a decent shot, just needs some more TOI, still young but hungry, NHL ready.

Mascherin has a laser beam shot on the LW, maybe needs a year in AHL to work on defensive side of things.
Hunt is more suited for bottom 6 with his build, also has a pretty good shot and has been one of our better LW in AHL. Possibly ready this year or next.

(Pysyk/Petrovic could be flipped if this trade is at draft, also if the plan is bringing in Sanheim next year)

FLORIDA takes on extra cap, mortgages some future to get another top 6 RW, one with grit/physicality, playoff experience and net front presence. Has been pretty healthy for a PWF type player. Think the warm weather will do him good. Would re-sign to a 5-6 yr deal at $6 million with no state tax.

MacDonald is an upgrade on Pysyk/Petrovic and Mac's contract runs out right as our defense prospects become ready, Myers, Stillman and Schemitsch being some of them.

The bolded is jus really bad valuation. Flyers dont need capspace. Definitely the beers.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The bolded is jus really bad valuation. Flyers dont need capspace. Definitely the beers.

Is Myers worth a 1st already? I understand the hype and season he had but seems a tad soon with no NHL experience.
You don't need the cap space immediately but long term it helps without re-signing Simmonds and getting max value for him, the best player in the deal. You could also trade some of your picks for a prime aged player that may be due a big contract soon, or signing a UFA this year to a 3-4 year deal is also an option.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Most Flyers fans are hesitant to trade Myers until we know what we have in him.
Assume the following are off limits currently

Ghost
Provorov
Myers
Sanheim
Morin
Hogberg ( my sleeper of the bunch)

Reactions: HammerTime44

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Is Myers worth a 1st already? I understand the hype and season he had but seems a tad soon with no NHL experience.
You don't need the cap space immediately but long term it helps without re-signing Simmonds and getting max value for him, the best player in the deal. You could also trade some of your picks for a prime aged player that may be due a big contract soon, or signing a UFA this year to a 3-4 year deal is also an option.

Theres a lot of discussion on whether or not we'd even re-sign Simmonds to begin with. His cap space wouldnt be an issue anyway, since Lehtera's contract also ends that same year (the only reason he was acceptable in a Schenn deal as a cap dump).

I wouldn't consider anything less than a first for Myers. I'm not sure if that's his market value or not, but we dont have any RHD prospects, and only Gudas on our roster that is a natural RHD (Ghost plays there, and prefers it, but he isnt a rightie). We also shouldnt be trading defensemen away until we're sure our top 6 is fixed, first.

I dont know enough about the prospects on Florida's side to really speak to the value, but there just doesnt seem like an incentive to do this deal. Simmonds is most likely available for a first + young NHL ready bottom 6'er with middle 6 upside. Preferably a W, but a C would work as well.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Myers is not available. He has the highest upside of any RHD we have...and we are a team that only has 1 RHD on the roster in Gudas. And yes, they value him as a 1st, and not a late one.

Here is what we will have soon:

Provy Ghost
Sanheim Myers
Morin Hagg/ Friedman

Flyers fans have no desire to move any of the young D man...unless it's Hagg.

Reactions: HammerTime44

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
@pmwlker
@Starat327
@HammerTime44
@Tripod

Fair enough, just figured Ghost and Sanheim on RD, Provy, Hagg and Morin were long term fixes on the backend, 5 of 6 of your top 6 D figured out and the bolded ones were NHL ready or damn close. Definitely have a nice crop of young defensemen to choose from going forward.

Hagg is the cause of a lot of consternation rightnow. I think hes decent enough to be a bottom pair D, but our coach had been using him as a top 4,so a lot of Flyer-land isnt very happy with the player for that.

Sanheim has played the right, but we dont know yet where he's better played. Until we do, we just cant really afford to shuffle that deck. @Tripod post a few up is a pretty good indication of what we'd like to see our D look like in two years.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
@pmwlker
@Starat327
@HammerTime44
@Tripod

Fair enough, just figured Ghost and Sanheim on RD, Provy, Hagg and Morin were long term fixes on the backend, 5 of 6 of your top 6 D figured out and the bolded ones were NHL ready or damn close. Definitely have a nice crop of young defensemen to choose from going forward.
Sanheim is on the left side along with Provy and hopefully Morin this coming year.

Then on the right is Ghost, Gudas, AMac, Hagg and Myers on the way.

What Flyers fans really want is for this coming year, is a RHD who can replace AMac in the lineup next year and run with:

Provy Ghost
Sanheim Gudas
Morin XXXX
Hagg

We expect Myers to start in the AHL after dealing with injuries this year.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Sanheim is on the left side along with Provy and hopefully Morin this coming year.

Then on the right is Ghost, Gudas, AMac, Hagg and Myers on the way.

What Flyers fans really want is for this coming year, is a RHD who can replace AMac in the lineup next year and run with:

Provy Ghost
Sanheim Gudas
Morin XXXX
Hagg

We expect Myers to start in the AHL after dealing with injuries this year.

Capfriendly had Sanheim listed as RD but I saw he is left handed so was a tad confused there.
Would you guys not entertain the option of packaging two of your 1st round picks (assuming you acquire one more 1st with the Simmonds trade) + forward prospect for a prime aged/veteran top 4 RD to speed up the process, *cough Karlsson/Doughty cough*? Or just prefer to let the youth grow and develop as mentioned?

Hextall and scouting has done a fairly solid job drafting, a little more patience is needed.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Capfriendly had Sanheim listed as RD but I saw he is left handed so was a tad confused there.
Would you guys not entertain the option of packaging two of your 1st round picks (assuming you acquire one more 1st with the Simmonds trade) + forward prospect for a prime aged/veteran top 4 RD to speed up the process, *cough Karlsson/Doughty cough*? Or just prefer to let the youth grow and develop as mentioned?

Hextall and scouting has done a fairly solid job drafting, a little more patience is needed.

I think most of us are content to wait. The problem with Doughty and Karlsson is that theyre going to be hella expensive - likely 12m+.
The problem with having a lot of young kids on the roster is that eventually.. ELCs run out. That 11M cap hit is going to get in the way of re-signing people, and the two firsts we trade away (it'd likely cost much more) are going to get in the way of replacing them.

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017
2019 2nd
Mascherin/Hunt
Malgin

For

Myers = ((2nd))

As others have said, Myers can’t be involved in a deal with this. But I would trade Simmons for the 16th and a young bottom six player in a heartbeat. You can have Macdonald too if you want him

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think most of us are content to wait. The problem with Doughty and Karlsson is that theyre going to be hella expensive - likely 12m+.
The problem with having a lot of young kids on the roster is that eventually.. ELCs run out. That 11M cap hit is going to get in the way of re-signing people, and the two firsts we trade away (it'd likely cost much more) are going to get in the way of replacing them.

For sure, definitely would be hard to make it all work but with cap going up to a possible $80 million over the next few years and a lot of UFA deals coming off the books, it may be possible for 3-4 years and then possibly dealing one of Giroux or Voracek, down the road, if needed. You have your D mostly figured out, some solid depth at C with SC, NP and SL. Goaltending is murky but fine if Hart pans out so you really only need to hit the next couple years drafting wingers no?

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Provorov/Ghost
Sanheim/ Myers
Morin/ ?

Fill in the blank with Hagg, Friedman, one of our firsts this draft most likely.

That’s pretty much where I’m at for the future. That doesn’t even include some of our lesser known prospects

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
For sure, definitely would be hard to make it all work but with cap going up to a possible $80 million over the next few years and a lot of UFA deals coming off the books, it may be possible for 3-4 years and then possibly dealing one of Giroux or Voracek, down the road, if needed. You have your D mostly figured out, some solid depth at C with SC, NP and SL. Goaltending is murky but fine if Hart pans out so you really only need to hit the next couple years drafting wingers no?

Center Likely looks like Patrick/Couturier/Frost moving forward, but yeah, not so much of a need. Goalie should be set between Hart, Sandstrom, Ustimenko, or Stolarz. depending on how he recovers from his injury.

Were fairl well set everywhere except top end wingers, thus the ask for a first or equivalent in wingers in any deal.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Center Likely looks like Patrick/Couturier/Frost moving forward, but yeah, not so much of a need. Goalie should be set between Hart, Sandstrom, Ustimenko, or Stolarz. depending on how he recovers from his injury.

Were fairl well set everywhere except top end wingers, thus the ask for a first or equivalent in wingers in any deal.

Ya almost exactly how we are set. Forgot about Frost, could be a special player there.
We have our D pretty much figured out, but would be nice to upgrade RD on 2nd pairing
C is set with Barkov, Trocheck, Borgstrom (assuming he stays at C) and McCann
Tippett and Heponiemi are on their way to help out RW and LW depth
Just need a long term goalie solution, Montembault could be it, still young at 21yrs old.

Meet ya in the 2020 Eastern Conference Finals ;) :cheers: , been a while since we played a series, 1996 to be exact.

Reactions: SnS and Starat327

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Hmmm, you need RD prospects? I wasn't aware of that. Allow me to introduce Jordan Schmaltz ... :) Seriously, how about a package of Tage Thompson +Schmaltz for Simmonds and a 2nd?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad