Value of: Wayne Simmonds

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
1st plus roster player plus mid level prospect would be a safe bet. Take that for what you will. I know the Blues may have some interest.

However our fans have differing opinions on if he’s a player we would want to see long term. Given that I hope the Blues are frugal in pursuing him. 1st plus Thompson is likely something you're going to see offered from the Blues fans. Is he worth that? Perhaps, perhaps something like 1st Sobotka and prospect at a position of need.

Feel free to critique

Reactions: CaliBlues710

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Simmonds has declined some this year. That being said, I actually think the Rangers and Flyers make good trading partners. Staal for Simmonds. Staal had a very good year in a system which was moronic because of AV. He turned back into a very solid defenseman. Don't believe the garbage negativity on him. Watching the Flyers in the playoffs. He would have made a huge difference in a couple of those games as a vet d-man. I think the Rangers could use him as a lockeroom, PP guy for a few years. Gorton has shown he will make deals with rivals. He doesn't care.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Simmonds has declined some this year. That being said, I actually think the Rangers and Flyers make good trading partners. Staal for Simmonds. Staal had a very good year in a system which was moronic because of AV. He turned back into a very solid defenseman. Don't believe the garbage negativity on him. Watching the Flyers in the playoffs. He would have made a huge difference in a couple of those games as a vet d-man. I think the Rangers could use him as a lockeroom, PP guy for a few years. Gorton has shown he will make deals with rivals. He doesn't care.

No thanks. Futures or young nhl ready wingers only.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Ducks should try and grab Simmonds if he’s available. Both Ritchie and Silfverberg were under performing this season. Simmonds makes about as much $$$ as silfverberg and a hell of a lot better player.

Trade Silfverberg to someone and then inquire the Flyers on what the asking price is.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
The ask is a first and young nhl ready prospect, regardless of team. We have no real other needs.

That was the rumor of Max Pacioretty’s asking price. And no one bit at the deadline. What makes you think someone will for that price on Simmonds?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He certainly has been playing with an issue. Ever since his root canal, then stick to the face, he can barely speak and he certainly stayed away from the physical play he was known for.

Expect a bounce back next year....but Philly should still be looking to move him to build toward the future, not the present.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
1st + Thompson is in fact an overpayment in my opinion but I get the sense from our sub forum that many are desperate for a RW and could offer that. My personal offer would be centered around 1st + Sobotka

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
1st + Thompson is in fact an overpayment in my opinion but I get the sense from our sub forum that many are desperate for a RW and could offer that. My personal offer would be centered around 1st + Sobotka

I like Sobi, but he doesn’t fit what we are going for(hopefully).

First and a young nhl winger imo.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I agree that a 1st + Thompson is a little steep for one year of Simmonds. How about Thompson straight up?

Zod

Disappointment Train
May 31, 2011
Leafs have any interest in something involving Simmonds and Kapanen?

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I'd decline. How about Kostin straight up? Late 1st last year.
I think the Blues will probably see what they have in him after this year. He's too young and way to intriguing to give him up at this point before they really understand what he learned his first year in North America as well as how he comes back prepared for camp. Ask us that question around Christmas and we'll have a better answer for you :D

Reactions: MSSLYNX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad