OT: Watcha watchin'?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
looking at this thread makes me wonder what ever happened to CI after he got banned. was an interesting character.

I think he keeps in touch with some posters here.

I wanna know where @bluedevil58 or whatever his name was went. I'll never forget him telling me to "put that shit in your pipe and smoke it!" after I questioned him when he said Greensboro was closer to Durham than Raleigh. What a funny guy. Discuss! :biglaugh:

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
dark shadows tv show from 1968. starts as random soap opera with blackmail, builds to vampires, frankenstien, time travel and alternate universe...... with blackmail.1100 episodes in, they have travelled from 1968 to 1840, 1797, 1897, 1995 and a parallel 1969 universe. 100% soap opera, with love triangles and extortion & murder, just happens to have witches & draculas & werewolves and heads in glass case with psychic powers & gypsy hands that alter reality.

Reactions: LostInaLostWorld

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
dark shadows tv show from 1968. starts as random soap opera with blackmail, builds to vampires, frankenstien, time travel and alternate universe...... with blackmail.1100 episodes in, they have travelled from 1968 to 1840, 1797, 1897, 1995 and a parallel 1969 universe. 100% soap opera, with love triangles and extortion & murder, just happens to have witches & draculas & werewolves and heads in glass case with psychic powers & gypsy hands that alter reality.

I'm old enough to have religiously watched Dark Shadows after school every afternoon, lol. But based on my fuzzy memories, seems like it moved so slowly that I would have guessed it's almost unwatchable now?

Reactions: LostInaLostWorld

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
I went to a friend's house and watched it that first summer before we caught a bus to driver's ed class.

Reactions: LakeLivin

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
I'm old enough to have religiously watched Dark Shadows after school every afternoon, lol. But based on my fuzzy memories, seems like it moved so slowly that I would have guessed it's almost unwatchable now?
it flows pretty great on tubi. 3 episodes an hour, tons of character building. 0 & 5 episodes are cliffhangers. might have 20 episodes of slow build then suddenly 5 episodes where everybody dies and new characters come in, manages to get frantic even with the slow pace.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
I went to a friend's house and watched it that first summer before we caught a bus to driver's ed class.
i watched friday the 13th & star trek next gen after driver ed

Attachments

• friday-the-13th-the-series-season-1-17-the-electrocutioner-micki-big-hair-louise-robey-review-...jpg
    friday-the-13th-the-series-season-1-17-the-electrocutioner-micki-big-hair-louise-robey-review-...jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 3

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I've just finished the first episode of Low Country: The Murdaugh Dynasty on HBO Max. One episode in and I'm convinced that family of sociopaths all are getting, or got, exactly what they've had coming for a while.

This post sort of inspired by the Mitchell Miller discussion in Around the League.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Just finished watching the sequel to Knives Out, Glass Onion.

It’s really, really good.
I’ll have to catch that too. Knives Out was great.

We’re working our way through Homeland right now. Just finished season 3. That was one gut-wrenching finale and now we’re wondering what direction they went with the show after that.

I also get easily distracted because a lot of it was filmed in Charlotte, and I lived there at the time they were filming those early seasons. I see wayyy too many places I recognize in a city they’re trying to pass off as Washington. I can literally point to them on a map and tell you which buildings are owned by which big bank, which motel has been torn down, and which one of the parking lots I used at my job there.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
The Expanse is fantastic. A bit of a slow burn, but once things get rolling, holy shit.

Also, Amos is one of my favorite characters of all time. So many of his interactions with other characters are amazing, ranging from heart-warming to totally horrifying, sometimes in the span of about 15 seconds ("You're not that guy" "I am that guy").

Reactions: Bub

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3