OT: Watcha watchin'?

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
The Expanse is fantastic. A bit of a slow burn, but once things get rolling, holy shit.

Also, Amos is one of my favorite characters of all time. So many of his interactions with other characters are amazing, ranging from heart-warming to totally horrifying, sometimes in the span of about 15 seconds ("You're not that guy" "I am that guy").
Agree about Amos. It’s so funny to me how he’s always ready to fight and has the one liners to go with t.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
I'll be honest I tried to start this and I don't think I get it? I don't even know what it's trying to be ...is this just a keep watching thing?
my wife and i were hooked from the first episode and it just got better from there. it's a bit of a slow burn to start. i guess the main premise is that it is a satirical dark comedy about awful rich people at an all-inclusive resort. someone is dead, but you don't know who. you are kind of trying to piece it together throughout the series as several people have motives to kill somebody. everything about it is just subtly unnerving in a way that is hard to really describe. season 2 takes place at a separate with almost entirely new characters and we liked it a bit more, but that may just be from having finished up season 1 and "getting it" at that point.

Last edited:

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
I'll be honest I tried to start this and I don't think I get it? I don't even know what it's trying to be ...is this just a keep watching thing?
Yes. At its core I’d say it’s a murder mystery but it’s so much more than that. I had the same thought when I first started it and stopped watching. Glad I gave it another go.

Reactions: Stickpucker

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Ash Ketchum’s Pokemon journey has finally ended after 25 years. Although he was apparently only on his journey for 1 year, according to the series. Despite how crazy illogical that is, given all that he’s done and how far he’s traveled…and how it apparently took him two weeks to reach the first city, which was like episode 3 of 1000+.

But sure, 11 years old, 25 years of experience. Exactly what every recruiting firm is looking for.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
So aside from playoff Hockey (and some NBA) I watched Bullies of Baltimore recently. Very good documentary on the 2000 Ravens. Tony Siragusa was a treasure and its a shame hes gone now but thank God he was alive to sit down one more time and relive his latter playing days.

That team really fit that city, not glamorous at all, all hard-nosed grit.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
So aside from playoff Hockey (and some NBA) I watched Bullies of Baltimore recently. Very good documentary on the 2000 Ravens. Tony Siragusa was a treasure and its a shame hes gone now but thank God he was alive to sit down one more time and relive his latter playing days.

That team really fit that city, not glamorous at all, all hard-nosed grit.

That's still the only documentary I'll watch on that team.

Reactions: zman77

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
The night agent on netflix was pretty good. It got a little ridiculous at the end but the first 7 episodes were good. A lot of twists and turns

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I'm watching the launch of the SpaceX Starship's 1st flight. I'm expecting a rapid disassembly at the end of the flight.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
The night agent on netflix was pretty good. It got a little ridiculous at the end but the first 7 episodes were good. A lot of twists and turns
I got addicted to that one rainy weekend. It was fun but I agree it was a little ridiculous at times. I watched the recruit after that and it was pretty fun too. Seemed like every episode ended with a crazy cliffhanger

Reactions: Nikishin Go Boom

Porvari

Rekisteröitynyt käyttäjä
Feb 19, 2010
Can't get Andor out of my head. Maybe you've heard that it's good, and I'm here to tell you, it really is that good. Probably the best set of moving pictures I've ever seen.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Recently decided to buy a Dropout subscription. As a big TTRPG fan, well worth it. And the other gameshows they have are hilarious as well.

Reactions: zman77

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
They burned up the launch pad. Bet you didn't have that on your bingo card.

No, I didn't think of that ahead of time. I think they did that once with Falcon, though, so I should have.

They are going to totally destroy one of those gantrys when they try the first catch-landings, I think. That is a crazy-balls idea.

Reactions: DaveG and zman77

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The Guardians of the Galaxy trilogy is one of the rare trilogies where all 3 movies are absolute bangers. The third one was less comical, more emotional, but still great.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3