OT: Watcha Listenin' To? - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
That sounds pretty good - I thought it was going to be some misguided Hollywood weirdness lol. I was talking to someone on the Liverpool forum the other day about the music in "Halt and Catch Fire" and "Stranger Things" - it really swamps me with nostalgia, but I wasn't at all into heavy synth back then. I like it a lot better now than I did then.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
My brother just put out a Halloween track yesterday after being bet by his friends he could not write, record, release one and create a music video in a two day timespan. :laugh: Mainly as his whole band left him a while back.

Some strange zydeco, bluegrass and cajun mix or something...

Reactions: Rebels57

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013

I'll go ahead and say the best Gallagher album this year won't be Liam's.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
No idea why, but lately I got into Dire Straits and Pink Floyd

Also plan to listen to the new stuff by Noel Gallagher this weekend

Two of my favorite bands, good choice by you. A huge huge fan of Mark Knopfler and never miss him when he is in the area. For me he is one of the better guitar playing, singer songwriters of my generation. Last time I saw him was in AC and he had a bad back and had to sit but wow! Also my brother-in law plays in a Pink Floyd tribute band in the Tampa Fla area. Wall of Echoes dam good band.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Two of my favorite bands, good choice by you. A huge huge fan of Mark Knopfler and never miss him when he is in the area. For me he is one of the better guitar playing, singer songwriters of my generation. Last time I saw him was in AC and he had a bad back and had to sit but wow! Also my brother-in law plays in a Pink Floyd tribute band in the Tampa Fla area. Wall of Echoes dam good band.

With every new live video of Dire Straits I find, I am more and more in awe with his playing style. As I mentioned in another thread, last month I went to a Queen + A. Lambert show and man do I love Brian May, but Knopfler is going up my list fast

Edit - youtube is such a gold mine sometimes. Money for Nothing by Sting, Clapton, Knopfler and Phil Collins is probably the best thing I have heard in a while

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This is the best Dire Straits song, it's actually about Telegraph Road in Detroit, which I pass everytime I drive to my in-laws.
Knopfler was sitting in the tour bus and got his inspiration driving down the road.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This is the best Dire Straits song, it's actually about Telegraph Road in Detroit, which I pass everytime I drive to my in-laws.
Knopfler was sitting in the tour bus and got his inspiration driving down the road.

We are best friends now.

There are a couple live versions that are wayyy better than the studio version, even with the solo at the end cut a few minutes short. They bring a different energy to that song live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad