GDT: WCQF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Tue. Apr 30th | 7:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Hey, hey, I wanna be a Brock Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Bo lol

Guy was mistaken for two way heart and soul leader cause he was Canadian and captain of a lost at sea Canadian franchise that nobody actually paid attention to cause irrelevant.
Horvat led this team in 2020. I understand he had his issues with the locker room and being part of the whole Jim Benning fiasco. But Bo ALWAYS showed up when they needed him. He was clutch.

I would gladly welcome him back in Vancouver as will many.

If anything blame Benning for the 7 years of garbage he put around of Bo.

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Horvat led this team in 2020. I understand he had his issues with the locker room and being part of the whole Jim Benning fiasco. But Bo ALWAYS showed up when they needed him. He was clutch.

I would gladly welcome him back in Vancouver as will many.
I'm happy for Bo and his nice life in NY.

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Bo was typecast wrong his entire career, but like everyone else in the lost era™ he got screwed really hard by coaching and management and it's a miracle he developed like he did despite that environment.

Gotta wonder if he'd be like 10-15% better if he had a better environment instead of minor league coaches and incompetent management.

At least when it comes to his defensive habits. His issues were not too dissimilar from Miller's (blowing the zone, bad coverage down low, etc.) before Tocchet fixed them.

Reactions: M2Beezy

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Bains would defs have perfectly got miller the puck before boeser tied it :sarcasm:

I've been hard on Petey and even I wouldn't scratch him for Bains but you expect most NHLers to make this pass.

1714461231417.png

Let's have some standards here.

Attachments

• 1714461171338.png
    1714461171338.png
    382.5 KB · Views: 3

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Gotta wonder if he'd be like 10-15% better if he had a better environment instead of minor league coaches and incompetent management.

At least when it comes to his defensive habits. His issues were not too dissimilar from Miller's (blowing the zone, bad coverage down low, etc.) before Tocchet fixed them.
I think he'd have become year in year out ppg and a legitimate two way center with average coaching and average linemates during his key development years instead of the worst coaches in the league and utter trash on his wings.

No one is developing playmaking skills with Loui, Leipsic, Virtanen and Roussel are stapled to their wings and he still somehow put up 60 points (40 ES) with that all while the entire team was getting "coached" into the ground by Green.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Curious whether Tocchet stays with Lindholm/Miller/Boeser since that was the one adjustment he made and holy hell did it work. Wouldn't mind giving it a shot and putting Petey between Garland and Joshua.

Maybe I'm misremembering but wasn't that only for like one shift 5-on-5 shift?

Lindholm was on the ice with them for the 2 late goals but they were 6-on-5.

If they want to get Petey going they could between him between Joshua and Garland but might be better to keep Lindholm on his own line to simply check with like Mikheyev and Lafferty or something lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad