OT: Watcha Listenin' To? - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Ah, Ash Borer. Used to be, you could search for them on Spotify and, since they didn't have any albums on there, Spotify would come back and ask "Did you mean Ass *****?"

Anyway, good band. I can't quite get into Mgla the way a lot of other people do, but Ash Borer are cool.
:laugh: Dont use spotify and likely never will but that's hilarious.
Yeah ash borer is brilliant, though I was luke warm on the irrepassable gate.

Ustalost's the Spoor of vipers is some of the best I've heard out of the genre in years, give that a listen if you haven't already.

Very excited for the new Yellow Eyes and WITTR records as well.

Thanks for the suggestions. i've only recently gotten into the newer BM stuff. Im mostly a grindcore and death metal guy but WITTR are sick as well.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
Zeal and Ardor

This band has been a favorite of mine since their album came out. It combines a sort of early slave chanting style lyrically with black/death metal musically. It's a great combination and heavily satanic. I recently had the pleasure of seeing their first ever show in the US and got to talk to Manuel (the singer) for a bit after the show. He's a very humble guy and was very excited towards the crowds reaction to his music.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Her LP "Pocketknife" is really solid.

I remember when I first gave beep-boop music a chance with CHVRCHES. I tried to hate it and it wasn't happening. The same thing happened with Rush recently. I tried to hate-listen to them and secretly enjoyed it.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I remember when I first gave beep-boop music a chance with CHVRCHES. I tried to hate it and it wasn't happening.
It's the complete opposite for me. I tried to like them, but I just don't get their appeal, at all.
It's just not for me, I guess.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Her LP "Pocketknife" is really solid.

I remember when I first gave beep-boop music a chance with CHVRCHES. I tried to hate it and it wasn't happening. The same thing happened with Rush recently. I tried to hate-listen to them and secretly enjoyed it.

I dig this.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
This channel is so legendary....Always seems like I cycle back around to instrumentals like this as soon as the weather starts to get colder

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I don't know what it is, Beefarino, but the first time I heard her voice I just swooned. It's so cartoony and that speaks directly to the core of me. I, also, am cartoony.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The last month or so has been non-stop with some really solid new music. Grizzly Bear, The Districts, The War on Drugs, 2 Deer Tick Albums, The Bronx. All good ****.

The War on Drugs album is gorgeous.

I need to check out that Districts ablum. I've never heard of The Bronx.

Other great new recent albums..

Queens of the Stone Age - Villains
LCD Soundsystem - American Dream

The Arcade Fire album was a major dissapointment for me though.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
The War on Drugs album is gorgeous.

I need to check out that Districts ablum. I've never heard of The Bronx.

Other great new recent albums..

Queens of the Stone Age - Villains
LCD Soundsystem - American Dream

The Arcade Fire album was a major dissapointment for me though.

That QOTSA album is awesome, a few really good songs on there. Definitely give the Districts a shot. May take a bit to feel it out but it's fantastic. They're a bunch of young guys from Lititz too, so basically local boys.

Not a fan of that Arcade Fire album at all. Listened like once or twice and haven't been back since.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That QOTSA album is awesome, a few really good songs on there. Definitely give the Districts a shot. May take a bit to feel it out but it's fantastic. They're a bunch of young guys from Lititz too, so basically local boys.

Not a fan of that Arcade Fire album at all. Listened like once or twice and haven't been back since.

There's like 4 straight songs in the middle of the AF album that are literally their worse songs they have ever made..one after another after another.

The last 4 songs on the album are good. The rest is meh or bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad