OT: Watcha Listenin' To? - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
This band has been blowing me away lately. Really unique combination of voice and melodies with some fantastic lyric writing. One of those bands where their live recordings sound even better than the album. Can't stop listening to them...

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I haven't listened to much new music as of late. The last concert I went to was a group called The Mudmen in a town called Fergus and they were fantastic. Prior to that, the last show I saw was at a place called Center In The Square in Kitchener and it was for Classic Albums Live and they did a series called the Guitar Hero series. Favourite tracks that night were the covers of George Harrison's While My Guitar Gently Weeps and Dire Straits' Sultans of Swing. The entire show that night was great. Looking forward to Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience this year. Would love to see a Van Halen Classic Albums Live show.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I just saw Gary Numan live in Philly at Union Transfer. My phone vids are probably too big to upload here so here's a link to his latest single (featuring his daughter making her debut on vocals).

Reactions: Rebels57

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
No idea why, but lately I got into Dire Straits and Pink Floyd

Also plan to listen to the new stuff by Noel Gallagher this weekend

I got into Dire Straits and Pink Floyd about 2 years ago. I always liked them both, but really got into them at that point. It's when I discovered Love Over Gold by Dire Straits and Meddle, Animals, and the Final Cut by Floyd.

Reactions: Amorgus

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
I think next year will be a great year for me concert wise. I'm looking to see Sunn O))), High on Fire, Om and Electric Wizard at some point during the year.

Saw Electric Wizard 3 times (Philly, NY, Baltimore) on the tour they did back in 2015? Maybe? My memory is fuzzy. For what reason you can guess lol. Absolutely epic.

Reactions: CodyTheHuman

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I just saw Gary Numan live in Philly at Union Transfer. My phone vids are probably too big to upload here so here's a link to his latest single (featuring his daughter making her debut on vocals).

I believe he's had a few live appearances with NIN. On the surface that feels unlikely, but guys like Numan were Trent's influence.

I got into Dire Straits and Pink Floyd about 2 years ago. I always liked them both, but really got into them at that point. It's when I discovered Love Over Gold by Dire Straits and Meddle, Animals, and the Final Cut by Floyd.

Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler In General is so damned good.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I believe he's had a few live appearances with NIN. On the surface that feels unlikely, but guys like Numan were Trent's influence.

Yup, Gary's popped in on numerous NIN tour dates. The guy is going to be 60 and is still putting out amazing music without looking like the old dinosaur most of his contemporaries have turned into.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey

Just saw this post and had to reply. We saw the band at the Mann Center when they were doing the money for nothing tour, wow. To this day Mark Knopler is still one of my all time favorite singer, songwriter, guitar players. Last time we saw him was in AC and he had to sit because of his back but dam what a night!
Watching Philly Classics, Flyers vs Nordiques sometimes muted while listening to Ray LaMontaque singing "Trouble".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->