OT: Watcha Listenin' To? - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
At the Maiden show now. The opening act were Ghost and they were freaking amazing. I am actually going to go out of my way to go to the two shows at the end of the tour at Barclays in July because of them.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
At the Maiden show now. The opening act were Ghost and they were freaking amazing. I am actually going to go out of my way to go to the two shows at the end of the tour at Barclays in July because of them.

Saw Ghost when they were touring in support of their first album and they were good then too. The heaviness in their music comes out much better live than it does on record. It's good that they still bring it on stage while they have some legal issues going on with former members too.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Listening to a couple of burners from my stay in Sweden:

My bestie went to a party that Sahara Hotnights were at - I was supposed to go and couldn't, I don't remember why. He told me he thought I definitely would have pulled one of them, but I can't remember why on that one either - there's a lot that I can't remember :laugh: :cheers: :dunce:

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
In the past weeks I have started listening to Blue Oyster Cult, youtube had begun to recommend them to me for no reason. I only knew the usual suspects (like Don't Fear the Reaper or Burnin' for You) but never got to actually know their work closer.

Damn mistake... they are brilliant. So many different genres, they did everything. The guitar and keys in this one could go on forever

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
This year marks the 20th anniversary of one of the best electronic music albums ever created.

Timeless masterpiece.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This year marks the 20th anniversary of one of the best electronic music albums ever created.

Timeless masterpiece.

Listened to it for the first time in a while a couple days ago. It's so damned good.

For what I'm listening to: If I'm not mistaken, the singers in this song are actually documenting the destruction of their relationship. Powerful, yes!

(change your speed in the settings menu to 2x for normal speed. EDIT: Or not, the quality is weird.)

I shelved the album for a long time; I was basically disappointed that it wasn't more of their first album, and that was a mistake. Listened to it again a week or two ago and realized it's actually damned good.

Phunhog

Jul 18, 2007
Are there any vinyl collectors among the ranks here?

R-1067244-1344188925-5868.jpeg.jpg

Hey, who can refute the knowledge of Pig Champion:dunno:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Me and my brother have a combined collection that neither of us 'technically' own. (we 'borrowed' a good ~50-60 off grandparents and parents!)

Around 150 or so 12"s, 10" and 7"s. Probably around $2000 worth going off sale prices. Though that is heavily skewed by a few that are quite expensive in terms of re-sale.

Though I am the one with the law degree. So they are mine.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Me and my brother have a combined collection that neither of us 'technically' own. (we 'borrowed' a good ~50-60 off grandparents and parents!)

Around 150 or so 12"s, 10" and 7"s. Probably around $2000 worth going off sale prices. Though that is heavily skewed by a few that are quite expensive in terms of re-sale.

Though I am the one with the law degree. So they are mine.

Awesome!

I havent been collecting long..few years..inherited about 30 or so from my Dad, have bought 5 or so and been gifted another 5 or so. I have the turntable hooked up to my living room surround sound which consists of a Yamaha A/V receiver and a Klipsch 5.1 speaker system. The sub is a beast. The difference between vinyl and mp3 (and other compressed formats) is night and day.

I think my favorite vinyl I own is Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars. Its an original pressing in remarkably good condition. One of the gems my old man passed on.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005

I've got about 2,000 albums in my collection. Spin them on my Oracle Delphi MK II.

The rest of my system is Blue Circle BC2 amps, BC 3 Galatea Pre, BC 23 phono stage pre, Totem Wind speakers and a Shanling CDT-100 cd player. It sounds sah-weet!

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Listened to it for the first time in a while a couple days ago. It's so damned good.
Yeah, I listened to it again when I found out it has been 20 years already since it was released.
I think music today would be a lot different without the Chemical Brothers and their big beat records. They revolutionized music and especially Dig Your Own Hole still holds up today and has aged incredibly well.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Hell yes. I have my grandparents' old giant cabinet record player that I got it restored a couple of years back as well. I have a pretty good mix of old and new and a lot of the classic rock everyone should have, but also a ton of 70s/early 80s punk and old blues.

Tracking down some of the old tiny regional releases takes years, but finding it after all that time is pretty fun. I've been looking for either Dead Pets album since they were released in 2001 and 2003 and I probably won't ever find them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino