OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season: Mr. Smith Goes To Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Clive Walford released by Oakland. 6'4" 260# former 2015 3rd round pick out of The U who never quite lived up to his billing due to injuries. Not super excited about going from one freakishly athletic injury-prone TE in Reed to another in Walford, but at 26 he may be worth doing some diligence on.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Have any of the beat guys released an update on the cap situation?

Haven't seen anything from the beat guys on the salary cap but spotrac has the Skins at 18 mil cap space without McFee factored in. He's listed but no salary yet. So take that for what its worth.

Washington Redskins 2018 Salary Cap

I take that back, I read the breakdown wrong. Looking at it again it looks like 6.5 mil cap space without McPhee factored in. That includes 6 mil for drafted players. Then again I could be wrong.

Wrong again. During the offseason teams can have up to 90 players on their roster. Only the Top 51 and rookie wages are factored into the salary cap as a result. Based on that the Skins have 12 mil in cap space without McPhee factored in, I think.

Also, Reed has a 10 mil cap hit this year. To much for someone who can't make it 16 games a season.

Last edited:

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I know us Skins fans can put some booze away...but whoever wrote that article must have been HAMMERED. :D
Lol, reads like it was written by a 6th grader. Really couldn’t say much except number of first rounders, like that really means anything.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

I guess official until the Skins confirm it...

Word from one Skins blogger is the Skins now have the ammunition to move up into the 3rd to get a RB.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario

Word from one Skins blogger is the Skins now have the ammunition to move up into the 3rd to get a RB.

They still need a quarterback to start grooming. They can't ignore that any longer. No more Nate Sudfeld's or other garbage. Get a quality QB prospect and start the development/grooming process. Mason Rudolph should be available in round 2.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Not too bad. Obviously my ask of a 2nd was a pipe dream but I can live with this. It's unfortunate that it played out this way but such is life. Hope Cravens is mentally well moving forward.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
They still need a quarterback to start grooming. They can't ignore that any longer. No more Nate Sudfeld's or other garbage. Get a quality QB prospect and start the development/grooming process. Mason Rudolph should be available in round 2.

QB prospect search should start with the '19 draft unless someone they cannot pass up falls into the 3rd and later rounds. No way they burn a 2nd on a QB. They have holes to fill, including one just created at safety.

Just say this, great stuff.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I think they take Vea, or trade down (unless someone remarkable slides down like Fitzpatrick).....and if they trade down, a guy like Guice makes a lot of sense. 13 is too high for him.

He is on the Skins radar apparently.

I would also prefer Vea at #13.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007

When was the last time the Redskins received any comp picks, let alone 4?

Couple that with Cravens trade and are you guys now seeing the method to this? This has been an extremely encouraging offseason for the Redskins. They are operating like an intelligent organization. The thing is they have to start drafting better and this strategy will pay dividends. It’s moot if they draft scrubs...

... which brings me to my next post (below).

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007

Not much building through the draft the last couple years.

They’ve actually been trying to build through the draft though. It’s a huge step in the right direction. Now they just have to learn to do better job of it...

...if they manage to trade down once or twice and get those comp picks it’s an A+ offseason imo.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
They’ve actually been trying to build through the draft though. It’s a huge step in the right direction. Now they just have to learn to do better job of it...

...if they manage to trade down once or twice and get those comp picks it’s an A+ offseason imo.

The only problem here is that they ran the best talent evaluator in the business out of the building which makes building through the draft slightly tougher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad