OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season: Mr. Smith Goes To Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

According to this the Skins have 17.8 mil in cap space. Skins have the most cap space in NFC East followed by Giants with 4.9 mil, Crackboys with 2.6 mil and the Iggles with 1.8 mil.

Browns still have 79 mil in cap space to lead the NFL and the Colts are 2nd with 59 mil in cap space. Crazy.

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Seeing many mocks with us getting Vea now. I could see that guy being an 8 year starter.

There are so many good options at 13. Someone will fall too (Fitzpatrick?). I just dont want them to reach for a Payne or a Guice at 13. If they want those guys, make sure you move back to 20 something. Not sure that they can?

Vea, Ward, R Smith, James...any of those 4 would be huge helps to the D, and good value at 13. Guys like Guice, Evans, Landry, Vander Esch, Payne, Davenport all look good too (defensively for the most part, save Guice), but they are all 20's and back.

We will see. Skins have a chance to do some things. And Lord knows what may happen if a QB slides. I highly doubt it will happen. Not with Buff at 12. But one never knows.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Can't trust Phil until I see him on the field during a real game. Also, maybe signing Phil means Hankins isn't happening?
Anything Taylor can contribute this coming season is merely a bonus and not something the team can count on. And it shouldn't have any affect on Hankins or taking a DT at 13 although I heard Keim say on 980 Hankins is a long shot at best.

Bananas

Mar 26, 2007
Just read this story...

Its RG3 Part Duh. And Jackson's moms name is Felicia. Well, bye Felicia. :laugh:

I don’t know. I kinda came away thinking his Mom is doing a great job raising her kid. I thought his refusal to run the 40 and his unavailability were red flags, but now that I have some context I think they’re keeping this close knit and focused. He’s obviously high-character and a tremendous althlete, but they have had to keep him on track to play exclusively QB and it sounds like that’s easier said than done.

I wouldn’t mind adding him but it sounds like his camp is dead-set on QB-only so I’m not sure how we could integrate him into the offense with Smith in the fold. Early in his career I think there’s a lot of sub-packages you could use him in while you groom him to take over at QB, but I feel like you’d want to keep defenses guessing as far as where he lines up.

The only super agreeable way we get him that I can see is if we trade down from 13 or he drops to round 2. I’d absolutely take the gamble if he falls that far...he’d immediately become the best athlete on the roster imo. Ultimately, I’d even strongly consider him @ 13 as long as you’re sold on him as far as his personality and ability to process the NFL game - the tools are there. The other question is do Grunden and his assistants really want him, obviously. If there is legitimate interest on both sides I could see Jackson being the biggest impact player of this class - and having Smith gives the org plenty of time to help him develop.

He’s certainly an interesting prospect, and I for one won’t knock it if the Skins wind up with the guy. At this point I’d say the smart money is that he winds up elsewhere. In which case I’ll be pulling for him...

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I don’t know. I kinda came away thinking his Mom is doing a great job raising her kid. I thought his refusal to run the 40 and his unavailability were red flags, but now that I have some context I think they’re keeping this close knit and focused. He’s obviously high-character and a tremendous althlete, but they have had to keep him on track to play exclusively QB and it sounds like that’s easier said than done.

I wouldn’t mind adding him but it sounds like his camp is dead-set on QB-only so I’m not sure how we could integrate him into the offense with Smith in the fold. Early in his career I think there’s a lot of sub-packages you could use him in while you groom him to take over at QB, but I feel like you’d want to keep defenses guessing as far as where he lines up.

The only super agreeable way we get him that I can see is if we trade down from 13 or he drops to round 2. I’d absolutely take the gamble if he falls that far...he’d immediately become the best athlete on the roster imo. Ultimately, I’d even strongly consider him @ 13 as long as you’re sold on him as far as his personality and ability to process the NFL game - the tools are there. The other question is do Grunden and his assistants really want him, obviously. If there is legitimate interest on both sides I could see Jackson being the biggest impact player of this class - and having Smith gives the org plenty of time to help him develop.

He’s certainly an interesting prospect, and I for one won’t knock it if the Skins wind up with the guy. At this point I’d say the smart money is that he winds up elsewhere. In which case I’ll be pulling for him...

Ok, who ARE you, and what have you done w Ripened Fruit? Give him back please, now.

We don’t know who YOU are, and you are scaring us.

Bananas

Mar 26, 2007
Ok, who ARE you, and what have you done w Ripened Fruit? Give him back please, now.

We don’t know who YOU are, and you are scaring us.

QB is the most important position in team sports. If you feel like he’s your franchise guy and you have the chance...you draft him.

It most likely won’t happen but keep in mind that Smith is a 2-4 year stop-gap most likely. I’d have no problems with solidifying the position for the next decade plus. Don’t worry though I highly doubt it happens...just wanted to go on record to say I think his talents are being undersold and the Skins should at the very least do their due diligence here.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I fully believe they look at Smith as the guy the next 4 years, NOT 2. For that reason, I see them grabbing a middle round guy unless someone surprising drops that they love.

Jackson’s talent isn’t undersold, it’s the air about him IMO.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Jackson’s talent isn’t undersold, it’s the air about him IMO.

Air about him is one way to put it. His mom called Petrino the second she heard they were trying Jackson as a punt returner. I can see LiL Danny giving Felicia his personal cell number so she can call at anytime. We’ve been down this road before with Griffin. Why do it again?

And the punt return situation at Louisville shows that, unless he is playing QB, Jackson and his Mom are not willing to do all they can to help whichever team drafts him to win. It also tells other players on his team who must play special teams along with their regular position that Jackson is special.

It just doesn’t sound like the best situation for a team like the Skins that has an owner like it does to get in bed with a me first player, and his mom, like Jackson.

NE could probably handle it. And with the 1st they just got from the Rams maybe it’s a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->