Waived: Vrana

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Read the article. Detroit was a sellout in large part because of Probert. Devellano talks about how the Illitches made 60 million from 88 to 90 and used the money to buy the tigers. Probert put butts in seats. You can trade a Klima.
I was just clarifying why Klima got traded. 3rd DUI while on probation for his second DUI.

I only mentioned Probie because someone had tied Klima to cocaine, and he's never been arrested or tested for it. He wasn't traded because of cocaine.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Did Klima have substance abuse issues? For some reason I remember him being associated with cocaine back in the 80's, but I'm not sure.

Hopefully that's not what's going on with Vrana.

He's been through rehab once.

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
He didn't actually make it to waivers today. Tomorrow, perhaps. Maybe even the next day. But not today.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I hope he finds some peace. These types of outcomes often come from a person being in pain and having some difficulty navigating the world. Hope he is able to put the money he earned from his peaks and have a peaceful life if hockey is not it.

I have such a weird feeling when we acquired Vrana. I felt so "not" excited to get someone who had such a promising track record. Can't explain it I was just like uhg. He just didn't feel like an Yzerman player.

Last edited:

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
Maybe that's for the best. Hopefully he'll go home and get his shit together and salvage a pro career in the Czech league or something. He's doing nothing but going off the rails in the NHL.
I'm sure there are Euro leagues that will tolerate more of whatever's going on with him to have a skilled player and former NHLer on their team.

I'm in the same mindset, I don't think he plays another game in the NHL, I think this is it.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Hey guys, what's the latest on Vrana? Any news on what's plaguing him?
He got traded to the blues last season and had a whopping 2 goals in 21 games, looks like they also had enough of him and is currently playing in the AHL.

That was just some quick google work. We obviously aren't gonna follow a player who doesnt play for the Wings anymore.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
He got traded to the blues last season and had a whopping 2 goals in 21 games, looks like they also had enough of him and is currently playing in the AHL.

That was just some quick google work. We obviously aren't gonna follow a player who doesnt play for the Wings anymore.

Well, unless his name is Zadina. lol

(5 goals in 46 games btw)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad