Waived: Vrana

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
We also got a first (Cossa) and a second (Buchelnikov) so I still say we won that deal.
Especially considering the replacement value player who played those games instead of Vrana and yeah we still win that trade easily.

I feel for Vrana. But I don't think he'll be in the league again. Awfully tempted to go bump his that trade thread where dozens of posters called Yzerman an idiot for giving him away for so little.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Well, unless his name is Zadina. lol

(5 goals in 46 games btw)

1G 2A since Xmas, and he's logging less than 10 minutes per game now. Bustina.

The only question now is if he goes to the AHL or Europe. I can see a GM signing him to a 2 way contract to be an injury callup like Czarnik and ZAR. Czarnik makes $450k, which is pretty good for the AHL.

Bustina is only 24 years old....

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
Especially considering the replacement value player who played those games instead of Vrana and yeah we still win that trade easily.

I feel for Vrana. But I don't think he'll be in the league again. Awfully tempted to go bump his that trade thread where dozens of posters called Yzerman an idiot for giving him away for so little.
do it

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
TLJ.jpg

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Mad that he was so hot for us when not injured until i whatever sent him into the Player Assistance Programme, but since has been a dead weight bar a few games when he first arrived in STL. Still one of the best natural finishers I've seen on the wings in the last 15-20 years, but it looks like he's done at this level

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
feels like one of those guys that still has enough natural talent that he'll coast his way to a decade+ European career since he's still only 27 and someday we'll all be like "oh yeah him" when he retires

Reactions: lilidk

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
The good news is Vrana's salary retention comes off the books at the end of this year so that's $2.6 million more in cap space available.
Just in time for our next overpaid marginal 2C candidate signing after Suter, Copp and Compher. My money is on Wennberg or Roslovic, doubt we pony up the term for Lindholm (thankfully). Whomever signs him will regret it very quickly.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
Just in time for our next overpaid marginal 2C candidate signing after Suter, Copp and Compher. My money is on Wennberg or Roslovic, doubt we pony up the term for Lindholm (thankfully). Whomever signs him will regret it very quickly.

Suter was a no risk gamble at a time where taking risks was a good thing.
Compher has been solid and is earning his pay.

So that leaves Copp. Just Copp.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004

And Copp may be overpaid but it's not like it's crippling the team. He's the 2nd best faceoff guy, the Wings top PK forward, and is a decent-two way center. People rail against him because of his lack of production but the Wings are 5th in the league in Goals For. Scoring has not been the problem.

To me Holl is the worst roster signing this season. Maybe he'll turn it around next season like chiarot did but it seems unlikely.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
And Copp may be overpaid but it's not like it's crippling the team. He's the 2nd best faceoff guy, the Wings top PK forward, and is a decent-two way center. People rail against him because of his lack of production but the Wings are 5th in the league in Goals For. Scoring has not been the problem.

To me Holl is the worst roster signing this season. Maybe he'll turn it around next season like chiarot did but it seems unlikely.
The bolded comment is something for which I agree. Holl is Horrible or is it Hollible? If that guy were waived, he'd clear.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
The Compher disrespect is crazy

Guy is legit good

Compher is playing well yeah but I just don’t see him as a 2C on a team that wants to compete for Cups.

Reactions: Gniwder

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
He is second on the Caps in goals and has been on a few trade boards. He has actually had a decent contract year, my guess is with him 50% retained he brings back at least a second when the Caps do move on from him at the end of the month.
yeah but he has been on a few trade board for the past 3 years. washington has said they've tried to trade him with retention and no one takes him. At least vrana had suitors that were willing to take it on...no one wants to touch mantha vs trading for vrana.

At this point, more teams would want mantha over vrana if a gun is to the head but that just doesn't seem likely.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
This team isn't competing for Cups yet. Ideally Danielson or Kasper (or whoever they're traded for) will be the 2C when they're ready to compete for Cups.
My guess is 2-3 seasons from now , but for now we should have some playoffs experience

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

feels like one of those guys that still has enough natural talent that he'll coast his way to a decade+ European career since he's still only 27 and someday we'll all be like "oh yeah him" when he retires
If addiction doesn't get him first

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

I think both payers would clear waivers. Holl is def worse on a AAV basis, but Copp has one more year on his contract after Holl leaves.

If neither were signed the team would be able to afford Hanifin or Lindholm, lol.

mikerooooose

Nov 7, 2009
Michigan
Compher is not Malkin. Haha

One of Danielson or Kasper need to be a legit playmaker, or we'll need to trade a pillar defenceman, or continue to roll with even but slightly above average depth throughout the lineup.

Seems like the expansion teams have done well picking a team of 2/3 line players. Haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad