Confirmed with Link: Vrana @50%

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Obviously a very, very small sample size. But 4 goals in 5 games is a pretty fantastic start.

He still absolutely has a ++ NHL shot and he's doing a good job getting himself in position to use it. He's not going to keep shooting 21% and he's not going to keep pumping 4 shots a game on net. But he is looking like a bit of a volume shooter and this team only has one other forward willing/able to do that (Kyrou). He gets shots off quickly with accuracy and velocity.

After 5 games, I have him penciled in on the top PP unit moving forward. He does a good job finding the soft areas in coverage and then wiring a quick one timer when the puck gets to him. We'll see how well he can round out the rest of the game, but he still looks like a 30+ goal shooter to me.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Obviously a very, very small sample size. But 4 goals in 5 games is a pretty fantastic start.

He still absolutely has a ++ NHL shot and he's doing a good job getting himself in position to use it. He's not going to keep shooting 21% and he's not going to keep pumping 4 shots a game on net. But he is looking like a bit of a volume shooter and this team only has one other forward willing/able to do that (Kyrou). He gets shots off quickly with accuracy and velocity.

After 5 games, I have him penciled in on the top PP unit moving forward. He does a good job finding the soft areas in coverage and then wiring a quick one timer when the puck gets to him. We'll see how well he can round out the rest of the game, but he still looks like a 30+ goal shooter to me.

He looks enthusastic like Tarasenko use to be.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I kinda like Kyrou and Vrana together offensively. Especially on the PP. Not a fan of them both on the same line in the D-zone tho. Lol.

• Wow
Reactions: Blueston

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014

Regarding the bolded, I felt like he spent too much time high in the zone near the blue line, but I feel like that is more our structure than his tendencies because I felt the same frustration with Tarasenko's role on the PP. I just don't like the idea of having your most dangerous shooter that far from the net.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
Regarding the bolded, I felt like he spent too much time high in the zone near the blue line, but I feel like that is more our structure than his tendencies because I felt the same frustration with Tarasenko's role on the PP. I just don't like the idea of having your most dangerous shooter that far from the net.
If you have a shooter who has the velocity and accuracy to score from further away, it allows you to move the shooter out further and force the defenders to have to either move a lot more or have to be more spread out

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
The Crow
vrana1-vs-minnie.gif

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Last edited:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I want to re-sign him too. To me, if we’re looking to trade him, that just means we’re planning for a long rebuild. He’s the exact type of player we need to be adding to our core and now that we finally have him, let’s keep him. That goes with Armstrong’s plan of a quicker re-tool.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I really hope Vrana works out but I’d want a ton more evaluation time before considering re-signing him.

His last 2 seasons started like this:

2021-22: Wings determine at the beginning of the summer that he needs shoulder surgery. He says nah. Going to rehab it. Shows up to camp and injures the shoulder a few minutes into the very first practice. Then has the surgery, out for months.

2022-23: Plays 2 games, then enters Player Assistance Program. Out for months.

The Blues need to make sure he doesn’t have a ton of idle time this summer to fall back into old habits. And if he can do well for at least the first few months of next season, then I’d absolutely be interested in re-signing him.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I really hope Vrana works out but I’d want a ton more evaluation time before considering re-signing him.

His last 2 seasons started like this:

2021-22: Wings determine at the beginning of the summer that he needs shoulder surgery. He says nah. Going to rehab it. Shows up to camp and injures the shoulder a few minutes into the very first practice. Then has the surgery, out for months.

2022-23: Plays 2 games, then enters Player Assistance Program. Out for months.

The Blues need to make sure he doesn’t have a ton of idle time this summer to fall back into old habits. And if he can do well for at least the first few months of next season, then I’d absolutely be interested in re-signing him.
Wasn't an injured shoulder and the need for surgery the start of Tarasenko's estrangement with the Blues?

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Wasn't an injured shoulder and the need for surgery the start of Tarasenko's estrangement with the Blues?

i mean maybe? We'll never truly know for sure.

This is entirely my own thoughts and has no place in reality. but.....
What if Tarasenko got his cup and decided now it's time to make his wife happy and move her to a city where she can be a model again?

Reactions: GoldenSeal

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Sort of. The issue seemed to be more that the 2 surgeries completed by Blues docs were botched (or at least Tarasenko thought they were botched) more so than that he needed shoulder surgery.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
He has been extremely good. Detroit screwed up. Yzerman got pissed at him and decided he had to go. Would have been far smarter to try to rehabilitate his value and deal him over summer if he still wanted him gone. instead they made it personal and gave away highly skilled player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad