Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Canucks, more we watch your team: The more impressed our house is with their play, mojo, and willingness to win (Especially late in games/periods, wow!!!!). Canucks remind of 2015/2016 Lightning right when that younger team was trying to figure playoff hockey out. Lightning was fortunate to get some early playoff success that helped build playoff confidence. That beliefs in oneself is so important for younger teams!!!!

Canucks finish this series, could see them riding acquired playoff confidence to great things. If Canucks stay-the-course, they'll have a good odds of making more deep playoff runs. Then maybe win "Cup" or "Cups" to boot. One game/series at a time, Canucks gotta finish what's in front of them right now. Still, I'm very impressed with this Canucks team.

Enjoy it Vancouver fans..... :)

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
The contrast of attitude from their own fans toward EP and Marner is fascinating

Marner has failed to proven himself for 8 straight playoffs yet many leafs fans are still willing to defend him

EP has struggled for the first time in his total of 2 playoffs appearances and majority of the fan base want his ass gone
I assure you, I have yet to come across anyone who doesn’t want marner gone..

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I assure you, I have yet to come across anyone who doesn’t want marner gone..
And the crowd serenaded EP with huge support last night in Vancouver. Everyone knows he is going through it, and he is certainly pissed at the media, but he showed his appreciation to the fans. We do know what he can do and be, including in the playoffs (23 points in 28 games isn't the best, but not the worst either). He has been hurting the team this playoff run, but they have been carrying him so far and last night it looked like he was coming alive again. A healthy, engaged, productive EP makes this team a really tough out.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Didn’t stop Zadorov when Hyman did it to him 😏

Oh, the infamous crosscheck which was soo ovious that even Nucks fans can't agree if it was to the chin or neck... But hey, if I understand right, it seemed to give Zadarov stiches to the eye.... Magic crosscheck.

Anyhow, somehow the Nucks fans simply cannot comprehend that not all crosschecks are the same..

• Wow
Reactions: stampedingviking

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
All of these comments lamenting the “jumped into” portion of the rule
- The player is initiating a reverse hit
- the player leaves his feet prior to first contact.

How do you not interpret that as jumping into a hit? Forward momentum or no, he jumps to add leverage to his hit. That seems like what jumping into a hit would be to me.

Don’t care in the slightest.
Avsfan1921 knows more than a former NHL ref.., who almost always sides with the refs and cheers for the Oilers. Not reading the rest of what you put, not worth the few seconds.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Last I checked the Poll was

1. Oilers in 7
2. Nucks in 6
3. Nucks in 7

2 of the top 3 were Nucks winning yet I keep reading about what underdogs the Nucks are and how everyone thinks it'll be a sweep.
You’re looking at a poll people can still vote on?

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Tim Peel - not sure if he has any Oilers sources but he's saying McDavid and Hyman are playing with injuries

IF the Canucks win the series, it'll be fun harvesting all the copium from Oilers fans saying variations of 'Well you didn't actually beat us since we weren't 100% -- McJesus was injured!111!' while completely ignoring the Demko sized elephant in the room.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
IF the Canucks win the series, it'll be fun harvesting all the copium from Oilers fans saying variations of 'Well you didn't actually beat us since we weren't 100% -- McJesus was injured!111!' while completely ignoring the Demko sized elephant in the room.
Any pro goalie can step in and take a team the distance. Any "proven" star #1 can melt down and be terrible. Having The best player in the world playing injured isn't in the same stratosphere as some goalie being out, and another one standing on his head.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
The contrast of attitude from their own fans toward EP and Marner is fascinating

Marner has failed to proven himself for 8 straight playoffs yet many leafs fans are still willing to defend him

EP has struggled for the first time in his total of 2 playoffs appearances and majority of the fan base want his ass gone

What world are you living in? The crowd in Vancouver literally chanting 'Let's go Petey!'. Everyone wants him to succeed and sees his struggles. Don't let a couple of vocal dweebs represent what the fanbase thinks of Pettersson.

Marner is the opposite. The Leafs had had way more kicks at the can and Marner's post season struggles have become a trend and a huge portion of Leaf nation want his ass traded.

You couldn't be more backwards in your assessment.

Not to mention a struggling Pettersson. Canucks aren't the same team without their 100 pt 2 way beast struggling to even produce shots on goal (he was excellent in game 5).

You're right it goes both ways - end of the day all that matters is winning; the excuses always take a back seat for the losing team.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
There have been plenty of bad calls going both ways, lots of non calls as well. To say one team has had crazy advantages is BS.
Evenly called as in ...... Legitimately called..... On both teams... Whatever is called on one team is called on another.....

Reactions: stampedingviking

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
And the crowd serenaded EP with huge support last night in Vancouver. Everyone knows he is going through it, and he is certainly pissed at the media, but he showed his appreciation to the fans. We do know what he can do and be, including in the playoffs (23 points in 28 games isn't the best, but not the worst either). He has been hurting the team this playoff run, but they have been carrying him so far and last night it looked like he was coming alive again. A healthy, engaged, productive EP makes this team a really tough out.
Biggest difference between Marner and EP, is the effort level in the defensive zone. If you aren't going to produce, you can still help your team in your own end.

Mikheyev is the worst player on our roster. 1 goal in 50 something games? Just by going to the right place or thowing the puck on the net you should have 5 shin pad goals. Plays die on his stick., that has a huge effect on the whole line.

If EP plays that game last night for the rest of the playoffs, he will be just fine.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Fans of both side should listen to this. Especially fellow Canucks fans. The series is not over.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Any pro goalie can step in and take a team the distance. Any "proven" star #1 can melt down and be terrible. Having The best player in the world playing injured isn't in the same stratosphere as some goalie being out, and another one standing on his head.
Give it a rest he's not injured he's just tired playing 30 minutes a game. Wish people would stop making excuses just because hasn't been what they thought would happen in this series.

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
Last time I checked, players are entitled to their ice. Stationary inference is allowed for example. So why can't one jump in place? Makes no sense.

Also, Miro Heiskanen jumps about 50% of the time when receiving checks from the opposition forecheck behind the net. How come he isn't called for charging about 5 times a game?
What for is Heiskanen mentioned in Canucks Oilers series?:huh:

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Give it a rest he's not injured he's just tired playing 30 minutes a game. Wish people would stop making excuses just because hasn't been what they thought would happen in this series.
I'm not claiming he's injured. This is the first I've heard of it. I'm saying, if McDavid is playing injured, it's not the same thing as Demko being out.

Reactions: Killer Orcas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad