OT: Visitors Guide to Texas

Dennis187

Dec 16, 2009
Fort Worth,Tx
youll still have luck even with the popular games i bought my student rush lower bowl ticket in person to the freakin season opener this year vs the red wings:laugh: the chipotle coupon that comes with it doesn't suck neither .its a damn good burrito :yo:

Alf

Feb 18, 2009
Parking for AA Center?

Good Morning Stars fans,
I'm coming into Dallas from out of state for a business trip and decided to hit up the Stars-Flames game tomorrow night. This is my first time to Dallas and was wondering what are good parking options? Trying to avoid the expensive backed up parking garages if possible. Am I crazy to try for street parking within walking distance?

Any feedback appreciated! Thanks!

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
Not at all. The surface lots behind the garage parking run (off Akard/Field) are about $15-20 and are super easy in and out especially if you are heading back north up the tollway. The street spots are real limited and are less but tough to find. Further down akard/Field there are more surface lots for less $10-15. Its generally safe enough down there just be smart and avoid the dark alley alone thing.

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
I always pay $5 for parking under the freeway about a 10 minute walk away (I forget which freeway number it is - my dad always calls it the canyon, but it's the lot over by the aquarium just beyond the green lots). As long as it's not rainy, it's actually pretty nice walk and a bunch of people park out that direction.

vofty

Mar 2, 2008
TX
I always pay $5 for parking under the freeway about a 10 minute walk away (I forget which freeway number it is - my dad always calls it the canyon, but it's the lot over by the aquarium just beyond the green lots). As long as it's not rainy, it's actually pretty nice walk and a bunch of people park out that direction.

Woodall Rogers?

Sony Eriksson*

Its the I45 i think right near the Dallas aquarium

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
Hey Stars fans! Kings fan coming in peace.

I'm gonna be in Dallas in april during the 1st round of the playoffs and I was wondering if there is any sports bars that are hockey friendly (or just a good sports bar) that anyone would recommend.

Thanks!

glovesave42

May 4, 2010
In town for the evening...

Hey all, Kings fan here, I'm in Dallas for work today and want to catch the game tonight. Any advice on where to get tickets? Any places to eat? Ill probably just get a taxi to the arena, but any advice would be much appreciated.

ginblossoms

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
Hey all, Kings fan here, I'm in Dallas for work today and want to catch the game tonight. Any advice on where to get tickets? Any places to eat? Ill probably just get a taxi to the arena, but any advice would be much appreciated.
last time i was back in dallas, i got tickets at their box office at the aa center.

but the way the stars have been drawing this year, you could probably just show up 30 min early or so and find some tickets.

if you're somewhere around a dart rail line stop, you could check that out too (vs taxi)... a little (no, a lot) less sketchy than the blue line stop at pico.

others can help with food options. take our of the steak while/if you're on your per diem.

where shall your rooting interests lie?

DaStars99

Purdue Alumnus
Feb 6, 2007
Dallas
A couple other close places are victory tavern, el fenix, dicks last resort (better if you are with a group)

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
Hockey friendly bars in the Dallas area?

Hey I'll be visiting the Dallas area on Thursday for a few days and I was wondering if you guys could recommend any hockey friendly sports bars to the catch the games... (or good sports bars in general)

Thanks!

DaStars99

Purdue Alumnus
Feb 6, 2007
Dallas
With the Stars out good luck, hully&mos will probably have the games on as will most buffalo wild wings, fox sports grill will and perhaps fox and hound. They all have various location all around the metro with exception to hully&mo which is in uptown.

NYR89

Jul 29, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey guys, so me and 3 buddies are planning a cross country trip with stops in St. Louis (on the way out), Phoenix, Los Angeles, Anaheim and Dallas (on the way home). We're going to set out from the Pittsburgh area and drive the 5100 miles round trip for the 5 games.

Anyway, on task. Are there any cheap hotel/motels anyone recommends? Since we're going to be on our way home, after the game may be a good time to crash before making the long trek home. Being college students we want to get tickets as cheaply as humanly possible. I'll be checking this site, ebay, stubhub and ticketexchange but I'm wondering if there are any other Stars specific tips you guys have. From the looks of this thread, there was a student rush type deal, is it something that would happen again this year?

Thanks for the help! The game in question would be March 16 vs Chicago.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
From the looks of this thread, there was a student rush type deal, is it something that would happen again this year?

Thanks for the help! The game in question would be March 16 vs Chicago.

As far as I know the student ticket pricing will be available again this coming season. With the decrease in attendance the last few years I can't imagine it would go away any time soon. As far as whether it will be a possibility for that particular game, the outlook is a bit cloudy. That will be very late in the season against a team that tends to draw pretty well in Dallas. If that game has any specific playoff ramifications it might be a dicey proposition to try out the student rush, or at the very least allow yourself plenty of time before the game to wait in the line. The line for a Caps game at AAC last season stretched the better part of one of the long sides of the building.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
I always, always, always wait until the day of to buy my tickets to Stars games. Always great deals on Stubhub and you can teach the scalpers a good lesson before the game. I bought 3 glass seats to Dallas vs San Jose when we beat them 8-1 a couple of seasons ago for 150 bucks total.

Stubhub has the suite ticket guys ont here too.

NYR89

Jul 29, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
As far as I know the student ticket pricing will be available again this coming season. With the decrease in attendance the last few years I can't imagine it would go away any time soon. As far as whether it will be a possibility for that particular game, the outlook is a bit cloudy. That will be very late in the season against a team that tends to draw pretty well in Dallas. If that game has any specific playoff ramifications it might be a dicey proposition to try out the student rush, or at the very least allow yourself plenty of time before the game to wait in the line. The line for a Caps game at AAC last season stretched the better part of one of the long sides of the building.

We are going to commit to the trip during our winter break in January. Would that be too late to be able to snag cheap tickets? We are basically taking a detour back home to catch another game so in reality it wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't go, buttt I'm not sure I'd be willing to take the chance to miss a game :laugh:

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
We are going to commit to the trip during our winter break in January. Would that be too late to be able to snag cheap tickets? We are basically taking a detour back home to catch another game so in reality it wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't go, buttt I'm not sure I'd be willing to take the chance to miss a game :laugh:

You should definitely be able to buy tickets in January for a March game. In all honesty you could probably do the student rush deal. However, I would cover my bases and check online a day or two before the game (or the morning of) and see what kind of deals you find.

You had asked about cheap hotel rooms, etc. That type of thing is much more in flux. I would probably use a third party booking service (kayak, hotline, etc.) to see about finding a room downtown. It really depends on what you're looking for. Like any decent sized city there are a number of unique restaurants in Dallas and finding a room within walking distance (or near a DART station) would make getting around town and enjoying the city more efficient than driving.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad