Prospect Info: Ville Husso (2014 Draft - 94 Overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I hope Husso comes even more ready for next season and gets first taste of NHL.

Glad he’s working hard this summer.

Anyone else find it funny though that this is pretty much exactly the exercise Bergy was doing last summer when his foot slipped and he dislocated his shoulder?

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
On a side note, I feel like Husso was once told what emotions were but only has a vague understanding of how to use them. I mean the guy looks like he has a permanent “Mona Lisa” smile on his face in every picture I see of him. You know, when he’s smiling at all.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
On a side note, I feel like Husso was once told what emotions were but only has a vague understanding of how to use them. I mean the guy looks like he has a permanent “Mona Lisa” smile on his face in every picture I see of him. You know, when he’s smiling at all.

Skynet didn't think he'd need to smile so it isn't part of his programming.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Not really, I’m sure all players do that training.

It was a joke/simple observation. Agree that pushing sleds is a very common and very good exercise and I have no problem with Husso or anyone else doing it. It just has some risks if you’re not careful as Bergy unfortunately found out.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006

Cool. Not super interesting, but I have a soft spot for those classic, simple 80's and 90's mask designs. And I don't want the diagonal jerseys or round-edged blue note back, but I think the red is a nice accent.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Pretty bad start statistically for Husso in the A which surprised me. He’s one of my favorite goalie prospects. Any thoughts on his game? Haven’t been able to watch any myself.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Pretty bad start statistically for Husso in the A which surprised me. He’s one of my favorite goalie prospects. Any thoughts on his game? Haven’t been able to watch any myself.

Started off with a shutout, and has been 3-5 goals per game since. Is it Husso? Is it Daigneault? Is it Butler, Walman, Reinke, Wotherspoon, Mikkola, Lofquist, etc? Hard to say. On paper, that seems like a pretty good AHL backend to me. It bears mentioning that Binnington didn’t really stand out in his one start so far either, keeping in mind that it was one game but he was also very effective in Providence last year. Daigneault has had troubles in Montreal the last several years managing the D, so that could be part of it. There has also been barely any run support along the way. BUT, it has seemed like the goals are coming in bunches, which suggests that Husso is struggling to move on from goals and letting in more goals as a result. It’s early in the season, it’s a development league, and he’s made some quality saves along the way. Idk, hard to diagnose what’s going on at this point, but suffice it to say that my expectations were a lot higher for San Antonio this year so far.

Reactions: Son of Petter

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
When you speaking of at in same sentence Butler, Walman, Reinke, Wotherspoon, Mikkola, Löfquist you isn't saying they are pretty good AHL d-core. Mediocre in my book.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
When you speaking of at in same sentence Butler, Walman, Reinke, Wotherspoon, Mikkola, Löfquist you isn't saying they are pretty good AHL d-core. Mediocre in my book.

I thought you wanted Walman or Mikkola in the NHL over Jerabek? So 2 NHL caliber D, a former NHL caliber D in Butler, and a guy who just missed being NHL caliber in Wotherspoon is not enough to hold down an AHL D-core?

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I'll preface this by stating that I haven't seen a single second of AHL play this year other than the Fabbri goal highlight posted in his thread. So I have literally zero info about how Husso looks.

With that said, it's 6 games into his first year handling a starter's workload in a North American league on a team with a brand new coach who is coming straight from junior. He's developing and learning how to be a starter. I couldn't be less concerned about him posting terrible stats at the moment.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I thought you wanted Walman or Mikkola in the NHL over Jerabek? So 2 NHL caliber D, a former NHL caliber D in Butler, and a guy who just missed being NHL caliber in Wotherspoon is not enough to hold down an AHL D-core?
Continue to attack me. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad