Prospect Info: Ville Husso (2014 Draft - 94 Overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Husso has a .945 save% in 20 games. The highest single season save % by any nhl goalie, with atleast 20 gp, in the history of the nhl was Jacques plante in 1971 with a .944 save% in 40 gp. What husso is doing is record breaking.

Reactions: BlueMed and Linear

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I thought it was weird when Husso was shat upon for his performance last season, especially the "letting in the first shot" thing. Because some of those were absolutely not his fault, it was just pure luck and a bit of an indication of the Blues' defensive issues. I thought it was a bit irresponsible of the media to focus on it the way they did. And then he got consistently better.

He always looked so much calmer in AHL and preseason games, it was odd to me how he seemed nervous in the regular season. But then it seemed to go away later last season. So it doesn't surprise me at all that he's having a much better year. This good? No, I wouldn't have predicted that.
Nobody didn't predicted how hot he has been.

I still see he could potentially be good back-up at best.

But if he progress to started I'm puzzled.

Tho he and Saros were one of the best goaltender prospects in Finland back then. Imo Husso was forget when he didn't progress that fast as Saros did.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Husso has a .945 save% in 20 games. The highest single season save % by any nhl goalie, with atleast 20 gp, in the history of the nhl was Jacques plante in 1971 with a .944 save% in 40 gp. What husso is doing is record breaking.
Before today's game he had 14 games played this year. Now he has 15 games played and his SV% will fall to a clearly terrible .941 on the year.

FWIW Talbot, Anderson, and Hammond each posted a .941 over 21-27 games played in the last decade. Elliott had a .940 through 38 games played for us in 2011/12.

Reactions: Blueston

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Sure, if he can keep it up for another 20 games.
and husso di it while facing the highest xga of any goalie from the team in front of him (even higher in his starts than in binnys starts). Its a great run, but its a very small sample size. He will cool off and have some games like today. Hope is that he can prove he is a .920 goalie. I think we all know that the numbers thus far were unsustainable.

Reactions: Blueston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad