Prospect Info: Ville Husso (2014 Draft - 94 Overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
With the Avs losing, the Chicago game becomes almost meaningless. It pretty much all comes down to the Avs game. The only way the Chicago game factors in is if we win in regulation. That gives us the ability to sneak into the playoffs with an OT loss against the Avs. However, winning in OT does nothing and losing doesn't really change our chances much. So that said, does this open the possibility to start Husso? We could give Allen a rest for the more important game of the back-to-back, and see what we have in Husso in the less meaningful game. That's not to say it will happen or should happen. Just that it may be a tiny bit more likely.

Edit: We don't have to win in regulation at Chicago, any win will give us the ability to sneak in with an OT loss.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bendak and kruz12

kruz12

Apr 4, 2018
With the Avs losing, the Chicago game becomes almost meaningless. It pretty much all comes down to the Avs game. The only way the Chicago game factors in is if we win in regulation. That gives us the ability to sneak into the playoffs with an OT loss against the Avs. However, winning in OT does nothing and losing doesn't really change our chances much. So that said, does this open the possibility to start Husso? We could give Allen a rest for the more important game of the back-to-back, and see what we have in Husso in the less meaningful game. That's not to say it will happen or should happen. Just that it may be a tiny bit more likely.

agreed it will be interesting to see how they want to play this in terms of the roster choice, do you let some players rest and even let them travel early to chi instead of playing them and making the trip post game?

Reactions: Bendak

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
The fact that our season is likely coming down to Allen playing back to back games is extremely frightening.
That fact that our season is coming down to the final game and we are counting on Allen is frightening. Say what you want, but I have no faith in this team to win 1 game against the Avs. Their inconsistent style of hockey, plus with the defense being shoddy atm, as well as Allen being a giant piece of swiss cheese, my only expectation is to come out hot in the first 10 minutes, and slowly fizzle, just as we have done this entire year. A fine note to end on a really heartbreaking and fairly unentertaining season. Pessimistic you say? Could be, but I'm more of a realist than a optimist when it comes to sports. If we win a lottery pick, I will personally shit my pants and post a picture of my sagging underwear, but because this is the Blues, I wont have to worry about it.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018

Edit: We don't have to win in regulation at Chicago, any win will give us the ability to sneak in with an OT loss.
if we win in regulation or overtime we only need 1 point vs colorado

row tiebreaker is regulation plus overtime wins.

If we beat chicago in shootout- then a shootout loss vs colorado would get us into playoffs even though an overtime loss wouldnt.
cuz if we beat chicago in shootout wed still have 40 row and if avs beat us in overtime theyd have 41 row.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Our savior is here. I think he plays tonight. Maybe if he beats the Hawks he'll get the call against COL?

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Our savior is here. I think he plays tonight. Maybe if he beats the Hawks he'll get the call against COL?

I don’t think there’s any chance Yeo would start Husso with a playoff berth on the line. He’s consistently stuck with Allen even when he had no business starting games. Barring injury I’d be shocked if Allen isn’t starting against COL.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
I don’t think there’s any chance Yeo would start Husso with a playoff berth on the line. He’s consistently stuck with Allen even when he had no business starting games. Barring injury I’d be shocked if Allen isn’t starting against COL.

I agree. The only way Husso would get a start in the last 2 games of the season is if we had gotten him some games in earlier this season, and we didn’t. I could see him starting the Avs game if we’re out of it on Saturday, but even still I’d bet that we stick with Allen.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013

You may be right. There's also the chance Allen gets pulled and the Blues rally around Husso for a win. The curious nature of the call up leads me to believe that he is going to play tonight. If it's their last AHL call up then the timing seems to indicate necessity. I doesn't seem too out of the realm to consider it a possibility that you start your just-turned 23 year old rookie who has 4 years of great pro hockey (Resume*), and is currently playing well after several stints as the backup in STL. They may have let him know while he was here that he might get his shot later in the season if we need him. We need him now, but as you said, Yeo has stuck with Allen, so we'll see.

*Resume:

18yo 2012-2013 U18 WJC Bronze Medal
19yo 2013-2014 U20 WJC Gold Medal | Liiga 41 1.99 .923 | Playoffs 2 1.25 .935
20yo 2014-2015 U20 WJC Top 3 Player on Team | Liiga 41 2.36 .915 | Playoffs 3 2.26 .897 | WJC-20 3 2.29 .923 | International-Jr 7 1.80 .936
21yo 2015-2016 SM-liiga All-Star Team | Playoffs 15 1.55 .935
SM-liiga Best GAA (1.91)
SM-liiga Best Goaltender (Urpo Ylönen Award)
SM-liiga Best SVS% (.927)
SM-liiga Playoffs Best GAA (1.55)
SM-liiga Silver Medal
22yo 2016-2017
Chicago Wolves AHL 22 2.37 .920 | Playoffs 10 3.36 .898
Missouri Mavericks ECHL 13 3.23 .910
23yo 2017-2018 AHL All-Rookie Team
San Antonio Rampage AHL 37 2.32 .926

yogintheaveragebears

May 23, 2015
That fact that our season is coming down to the final game and we are counting on Allen is frightening. Say what you want, but I have no faith in this team to win 1 game against the Avs. Their inconsistent style of hockey, plus with the defense being shoddy atm, as well as Allen being a giant piece of swiss cheese, my only expectation is to come out hot in the first 10 minutes, and slowly fizzle, just as we have done this entire year. A fine note to end on a really heartbreaking and fairly unentertaining season. Pessimistic you say? Could be, but I'm more of a realist than a optimist when it comes to sports. If we win a lottery pick, I will personally **** my pants and post a picture of my sagging underwear, but because this is the Blues, I wont have to worry about it.
Unentertaining? The whole league will be watching on saturday I get what you mean but there had to be a better word. Amped up start of the season! To mediocre injured middle to ridiculous winning stretch to frustrating end? Sure...but even those few words dont say unentertaining . I've noticed that these boards are a very half empty glass lately not that there isn't reason not to be but cmon let's not be the guy that wins the lotto then complains about how much the government takes

Last edited:

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I agree. The only way Husso would get a start in the last 2 games of the season is if we had gotten him some games in earlier this season, and we didn’t. I could see him starting the Avs game if we’re out of it on Saturday, but even still I’d bet that we stick with Allen.
There is no longer a scenario where Saturday's game will be meaningless. We will either be 1 point back, tied or 1 point ahead of the Avs depending on the outcome tonight. If anything, starting him tonight would be the move if you're looking for a spark in a game that has lesser meaning.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
You may be right. There's also the chance Allen gets pulled and the Blues rally around Husso for a win. The curious nature of the call up leads me to believe that he is going to play tonight. If it's their last AHL call up then the timing seems to indicate necessity. I doesn't seem too out of the realm to consider it a possibility that you start your just-turned 23 year old rookie who has 4 years of great pro hockey (Resume*), and is currently playing well after several stints as the backup in STL. They may have let him know while he was here that he might get his shot later in the season if we need him. We need him now, but as you said, Yeo has stuck with Allen, so we'll see.

*Resume:

18yo 2012-2013 U18 WJC Bronze Medal
19yo 2013-2014 U20 WJC Gold Medal | Liiga 41 1.99 .923 | Playoffs 2 1.25 .935
20yo 2014-2015 U20 WJC Top 3 Player on Team | Liiga 41 2.36 .915 | Playoffs 3 2.26 .897 | WJC-20 3 2.29 .923 | International-Jr 7 1.80 .936
21yo 2015-2016 SM-liiga All-Star Team | Playoffs 15 1.55 .935
SM-liiga Best GAA (1.91)
SM-liiga Best Goaltender (Urpo Ylönen Award)
SM-liiga Best SVS% (.927)
SM-liiga Playoffs Best GAA (1.55)
SM-liiga Silver Medal
22yo 2016-2017
Chicago Wolves AHL 22 2.37 .920 | Playoffs 10 3.36 .898
Missouri Mavericks ECHL 13 3.23 .910
23yo 2017-2018 AHL All-Rookie Team
San Antonio Rampage AHL 37 2.32 .926

I understand what you’re saying, and I’m not trying to argue one should start over the other. My point is that it seems to fly in the face of everything Yeo has done thus far. I don’t doubt there’s a very real chance Husso plays tonight. But I think when it comes down to “a win or go home” Yeo isn’t going to go with the guy starting in his second NHL game, no matter how well Husso plays tonight (if he plays.)

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I cannot see any reasonable scenario in which Husso gets into a game (barring injury of course). Would love to be wrong about this one, but just can’t see Yeo throwing in a rookie for his first NHL game with anything important on the line. It’s unfortunate, and I really wish we had given him a couple games earlier this year. Total missed opportunity.

I think there are 2 possible reasons for this call up: 1) Hutton isn’t 100% 2) they wanted to give Husso’s pocket book a boost and build some goodwill for the future.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I cannot see any reasonable scenario in which Husso gets into a game (barring injury of course). Would love to be wrong about this one, but just can’t see Yeo throwing in a rookie for his first NHL game with anything important on the line. It’s unfortunate, and I really wish we had given him a couple games earlier this year. Total missed opportunity.

I think there are 2 possible reasons for this call up: 1) Hutton isn’t 100% 2) they wanted to give Husso’s pocket book a boost and build some goodwill for the future.
A third reason could be that we're taking the best goalie away from the Avs AHL affiliate at a time when they are fighting to get into the Calder Cup playoff. That would be really petty, but still...

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
A third reason could be that we're taking the best goalie away from the Avs AHL affiliate at a time when they are fighting to get into the Calder Cup playoff. That would be really petty, but still...
If that has any truth then in my books that is worthy of immediate termination from his job.

He values screwing over an AHL team more than developing his own teams prospects? Those games would be critical for Husso.

The only way I see why he got a call up is either Hutton is injured, he thinks the time spent with the big club has big value or he's going to play.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

I like it, we aren't trying to just win the battle. We are trying to complete destroy them. I'd actually be pretty happy if that was the legit reasoning just because it is such a petty thing to do.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

Jeremy Rutherford said:
The Blues haven’t said yet, but with Hutton in the starter’s net, I think they may put Allen on a flight to Siperia and let Husso back up tonight. #stlblues

Siberia-gulag-3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->