Prospect Info: Ville Husso (2014 Draft - 94 Overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

Siberia-gulag-3.jpg

WOW. I am honestly pretty shocked at this.

Additionally:

Hutton off the ice first, Husso has taken his spot. #stlblues

Has Armstrong/Yeo finally seen enough of Jake Allen?

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
if we win in regulation or overtime we only need 1 point vs colorado

row tiebreaker is regulation plus overtime wins.

If we beat chicago in shootout- then a shootout loss vs colorado would get us into playoffs even though an overtime loss wouldnt.
cuz if we beat chicago in shootout wed still have 40 row and if avs beat us in overtime theyd have 41 row.

That would be a funny/terrible scenario. Blues would totally turtle and just try to play keepaway if all they had to do was hang on for 5 minutes.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO

Additionally:

Eh, it makes sense to send Allen ahead with the rest of the team having to take a late flight after the game tonight. If tomorrow is the game that really matters, rest your starter and get him ready for that game.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018

Additionally:

no it means since chivago game isnt do or die, they are going to rest allen as much as possible for avs game where he will start thougj.

you do have to wonder though, if hutton shuts out chicago tonight, how much eyes will be on yeo if he still starts allen over hutton tomorrow and allen does poorly

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
no it means since chivago game isnt do or die, they are going to rest allen as much as possible for avs game where he will start thougj.

you do have to wonder though, if hutton shuts out chicago tonight, how much eyes will be on yeo if he still starts allen over hutton tomorrow and allen does poorly

Is it even a Blues hockey season without critical goaltending controversies and drama in the last week of the season?

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Eh, it makes sense to send Allen ahead with the rest of the team having to take a late flight after the game tonight. If tomorrow is the game that really matters, rest your starter and get him ready for that game.

Totally makes sense. Absolutely....well....I mean except for that one part....the part where Allen is the starter for the most important game. That parts whack. Makes no sense. Like Chewbacca defense level of not making sense.

CA9cyhVU8AA8coD.jpg

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
But if Hutton has the game of his life, can you justify not giving him the ball tomorrow?

I think it’s a pretty easy call. You do whatever puts you in the best position to win. If Hutts plays out of his mind tonight, there’s no “giving Allen a shot to re-establish himself” period tomorrow. You’re playing to get into the playoffs, even if it means icing less than your “ideal” squad.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
transfered post here...

Ville Husso Hype Train has entered the station. All aboard for impenetrable summer goalie arguments that you can't lose!
Its just matter of time when Husso becomes Blues #1. Coaching stuff just need to give kiddo that one change and rest is history.

and that hype train did started when we drafted him. :)

I'll add that Husso played 2 EHL (European hockey League) games. First one against Russia (2-1 win) and Sweden (3-7 win). I didn't see those games, 'cus I was at work, but I asked in finnish forum about how Husso played and I get respond like this.

Ranksu said:
How did Husso performance in this tournament? positive and negative things

Very well. Now he slipped one easy goal, but has taken many game savers. Really calm and effective goaltending job.
He has progress like 'hell' as an athlete and a goalkeeper and it all appears how he performs. I doubt a little about Husso's IFK time. Not at all bad, but coming to the bright lights and the time of the hype, it was easy to do so, and never had an impact on what the work morale would suffice for what was attracted to the fans. Well, now it's a changed man, I think he'll be playing the top of level NHL in the future.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
transfered post here...

Its just matter of time when Husso becomes Blues #1. Coaching stuff just need to give kiddo that one change and rest is history.

and that hype train did started when we drafted him. :)

I'll add that Husso played 2 EHL (European hockey League) games. First one against Russia (2-1 win) and Sweden (3-7 win). I didn't see those games, 'cus I was at work, but I asked in finnish forum about how Husso played and I get respond like this.

Ok you drive and blow the horn, I'll climb on top of the train and wave the Finnish Flag till I change weather patterns in the Northern Hemisphere.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Husso could be starting goaltender for team Finland in World Championships. There is 3 goaltenders currently, Säteri, Husso ja Kilpeläinen.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I'm hoping he gets about 50 AHL starts and 5-10 NHL starts next year.
I don't remember who was the other member on this Blues board who had excatly same thoughts about why not give youngster change to play up. Other teams have done it with forwards, dmens and goaltenders and have success with them.

Like last season, I mean this season we could easily could give 1-2 games to Husso in NHL and see would shit sticks on wall. Nothing to lose, but our bonehead coaches decided not to give kiddo change and maybe save Blues season?

It would certainly give us (Blues coaches) better and much needed review of our goaltender situation for next season. Now we're just assuming Husso will play in AHL 50GP and maybe gets called up if needed. Maybe he might be ready for NHL for more then 5-10 GP at NHL.

Well, he'll get his change, but I hope he proves our coaches before season starts that he's capable of playing NHL level.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I don't remember who was the other member on this Blues board who had excatly same thoughts about why not give youngster change to play up. Other teams have done it with forwards, dmens and goaltenders and have success with them.

Like last season, I mean this season we could easily could give 1-2 games to Husso in NHL and see would **** sticks on wall. Nothing to lose, but our bonehead coaches decided not to give kiddo change and maybe save Blues season?

It would certainly give us (Blues coaches) better and much needed review of our goaltender situation for next season. Now we're just assuming Husso will play in AHL 50GP and maybe gets called up if needed. Maybe he might be ready for NHL for more then 5-10 GP at NHL.

Well, he'll get his change, but I hope he proves our coaches before season starts that he's capable of playing NHL level.

I'm all for giving him some spot starts next year, but I'm 100% behind Yeo for not playing him down the stretch this year. I don't think asking him to come in and be a savior down the stretch would have been smart. Despite some fans rooting for a tank, we were absolutely in a playoff hunt down the stretch. Hutton had a few good games prior to getting hurt and then Allen got hot and won 8 out of 10 starts while posting a .926 SV%. When your goalie is playing like that, there is absolutely something to lose by putting in a rookie to make his first career NHL start. By the time Allen cooled off, there were less than 10 days left in the regular season and we were in an incredibly close playoff hunt. Again, there is absolutely something to lose by playing Husso in those games.

Reactions: Celtic Note

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Husso is not having the tournament I was hoping for at the 2018 IIHF World Championship.

Bummer.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Husso is not having the tournament I was hoping for at the 2018 IIHF World Championship.

Bummer.
He hasn't been good or bad. Games where he was playing team front of him didn't played needed level, he looked most of games left totally alone. We've heard excuses 'players were bit out of gas etc. bs or players didn't play 100%, 'cus opponents were just Danmark and Germany and only against Germany team regroup under game and 3rd period they played their level and we get 1 point'.

I think there lies some truth of that players didn't perform needed level, but you can't put full of blame of them and in other hand Husso didn't make needed huge sick amazing gamesavers, but if Sateri would play those games instead of Canada or USA could he perform same way when he would left alone in the net?

Eh, this is if if shit what I don't like, but in my book Husso didn't perform what I know where his level really is.

Hey doesn't it sound like Bluesy goaltender?

BUT I'm not worried at all, this was/is good experiement for him when looking for future and Blues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad