Confirmed with Link: Viktor Stalberg is headed to Switzerland

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm guessing 20-25 for Burrows, assuming he gets 2nd pp time.

I'm projecting him to play with Thompson/Pyatt in the 4th, though he may slide into the 3rd line spot with Pageau and Smith/Hoffman/DzingelPyatt depending what Boucher does. If so 25-30.

I find it hard to believe Burrows will be on the 4th line; he was getting time with Brassard and Turris last year. Then again, Pyatt seems to be glued to Pageau as part of the shutdown 3rd so what do I know.

If Burrows gets top 9 mins, I think 30-35, if like you suggest he's relegated to the 4th line, but with some PP time, 20 pts is pretty reasonable.

Personally, I think part of the reason we got Thompson was to set up a 4th line that can take over some of the shutdown mins the Pageau line got last year. I expect a 4th line of Dzingel-Thompson-Pyatt most games, and the oppositions top line will see a mix of that line and Hoffman-Pageau-Burrows.

We could also see Thompson-Pageau-Pyatt thrown together when protecting leads.

To be frank though, our lines are going to be going through the blender pretty often I think, so Burrows will probably play on all 4 lines, Dzingel too. Smith and MacArthur will probably bounce around too. Only sure things will probably be Stone Brassard and Turris in the top 6, and Karlsson as our #1 Dman.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I find it hard to believe Burrows will be on the 4th line; he was getting time with Brassard and Turris last year. Then again, Pyatt seems to be glued to Pageau as part of the shutdown 3rd so what do I know.

If Burrows gets top 9 mins, I think 30-35, if like you suggest he's relegated to the 4th line, but with some PP time, 20 pts is pretty reasonable.

Personally, I think part of the reason we got Thompson was to set up a 4th line that can take over some of the shutdown mins the Pageau line got last year. I expect a 4th line of Dzingel-Thompson-Pyatt most games, and the oppositions top line will see a mix of that line and Hoffman-Pageau-Burrows.

We could also see Thompson-Pageau-Pyatt thrown together when protecting leads.

To be frank though, our lines are going to be going through the blender pretty often I think, so Burrows will probably play on all 4 lines, Dzingel too. Smith and MacArthur will probably bounce around too. Only sure things will probably be Stone Brassard and Turris in the top 6, and Karlsson as our #1 Dman.

On the Lines;... IMO Pageau and Pyatt were really effective together. They will likely get their share of time together. Smith or Hoffman again would make sense on the left side. Burrows may see more time with Thompson on the 4th line :dunno: It will be interesting to see how that plays out. Can Thompson play the shut down role Pageau was asked to play last year? It will be different with 4 lines that can play all year. Dzingel is likely going to see 4th line duty and will move up occasionally. He is not your prototypical 4th line player. I like him and he showed lots of promise at times last year, just not sure where he fits.

My guess for Burrows point totals is in between 25 and 30.

Pick a thread any thread at all and complain about Burrows vs Dahlen and trading for players and not signing them for free... Are there any different songs in the collection? This one is getting really fn boring.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Wow, just realized this is the Stalberg thread and we're talking about Burrows and line projections.

Hope Stalberg has a good year in the Swiss league, I think he has a shot at the Olympic roster with the NHL not participating. Liked him a lot in his time here, but we don't really need a defensive 4th line left winger.

We have so many guys capable of playing LW; Hoff, Smith, MacArthur, Dzingel, Pyatt (his natural side), Burrows (again, his natural side), Thompson (plays all forward positions, but is left handed), Paul (potential call up with a similar skill set to Stalberg, minus blazing speed). That's eight guys that can fill his role. Granted, some leave open spots at Center or RW, but White could fill either of those spots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad