OT: Video Games IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Horizon Zero Dawn reviews pretty good, though I was hoping for unanimous 10's across the board.

What a year for exclusives: Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn...hey XBox fans, what will you be playing :sarcasm:

uncharted 4 came out last year...

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Am I the only one who doesn't understand the fuss over Nintendo's "Breath of the Wild"? To me it looks like "The Lord of the Rings" meets "Teletubbies", in other words, a total kiddie game. And, no offence, but the Japanese have never been able to make a good fantasy game (other games they excel at, but I really hate their fantasy games).

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Am I the only one who doesn't understand the fuss over Nintendo's "Breath of the Wild"? To me it looks like "The Lord of the Rings" meets "Teletubbies", in other words, a total kiddie game. And, no offence, but the Japanese have never been able to make a good fantasy game (other games they excel at, but I really hate their fantasy games).

I'm with you. I had a $60 credit at GameStop to spend on either Horizon or Zelda, and it ended up being an easy choice.

Can't wait to hunt some robot Dino's!

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I'm with you. I had a $60 credit at GameStop to spend on either Horizon or Zelda, and it ended up being an easy choice.

Can't wait to hunt some robot Dino's!

Pre-ordered Horizon on Amazon for this Tuesday. Looks unbelievable. Laughing at all the fanboys queuing for Zelda. Good luck getting a girlfriend when you play THAT :laugh:

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I've been thinking about picking up For Honor for the PC. Everything I've read so far says the controls/combat is the best in its class.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I've been thinking about picking up For Honor for the PC. Everything I've read so far says the controls/combat is the best in its class.

Supposed to be great multiplayer. Only thing its a Ubisoft game, and I'm a little wary
of Ubisoft.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto

Well that's what Zelda has always been and they seem to pull it off well.

I'll probably end up getting both Horizen and Zelda, there's not much else going on for awhile.

CapsCrazyX17

Jun 20, 2003
Washington, DC

nintendo%20does%20it%20again_zpsvy3qfzkh.jpg

1vcushsnx0jy.png

Not bad for a "total kiddie game." I guess "the Japanese" do know how to make a good fantasy game after all

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
First couple of hours of Horizon are good. The robot dinosaurs and loot mechanics are fun and the story is surprisingly engaging so far.

Only big negative is the climbing mechanic is hard to use. Grabable ledges are hard to see, so I ended up jumping around randomly in one section trying to find the right spot.

Good overall though, I'm looking forward to playing more.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
These crazy good reviews make me think they're just trying to get you to buy the Nintendo Switch.

CapsCrazyX17

Jun 20, 2003
Washington, DC
These crazy good reviews make me think they're just trying to get you to buy the Nintendo Switch.

Nobody just gives a game a perfect score because they're trying to sell a console for another company. Especially when some of those perfect scores came from sites that have given the Switch itself mixed early reviews.

Why can't you just admit you were wrong about Zelda without having to make excuses? It is a fantastic game from a legendary video game franchise and the fuss, as you put it, is well deserved

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Zelda's getting must-buy reviews, but the Nintendo Switch sounds like *another* dud from Nintendo.

Hm.

CapsCrazyX17

Jun 20, 2003
Washington, DC
Zelda's getting must-buy reviews, but the Nintendo Switch sounds like *another* dud from Nintendo.

Hm.

Honestly, I think pretty much all of the complaints so far are about things that will be fixed/addressed in due time.

Lack of virtual console, the official online service, and more game announcements will be "fixed" by the fall or sooner. The early issues about the joypad connectivity have already been fixed through a patch that is available as of today.

The console itself and its unique features are getting strong reviews, especially compared to the Wii U. I've been looking into the Switch for a long time now and can't wait to get mine tonight.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Nobody just gives a game a perfect score because they're trying to sell a console for another company. Especially when some of those perfect scores came from sites that have given the Switch itself mixed early reviews.

Why can't you just admit you were wrong about Zelda without having to make excuses? It is a fantastic game from a legendary video game franchise and the fuss, as you put it, is well deserved

I'm just jealous that it came out on a system that I don't actually own. Given the crazy good reviews, I'm actually debating whether or not just to get a Switch so I can play this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad