OT: Video Games IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
On Watch Dogs, I've been deep in debate about buying it. I've got a gift card burning a hole in my wallet.

Normally, I probably wouldn't consider it. But the snail's pace at which games are being released has been starting to get to me. Given what I've read here, I've got more motivation to hold off.

What's the next big release? Destiny in September?

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Honestly, for $60 you could probably buy a handful of better games to keep you busy until the Fall releases come out (at which point Watchdogs will probably be significantly cheaper).

September
Destiny (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3) - September 9
Dark Souls II - Crown of the Ivory King DLC (PS3, 360, PC) - September 24

October
Skylanders: Trap Team (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U, Wii, 3DS) - October 5
Alien: Isolation (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, PC) - October 7
Dragon Age: Inquisition (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, PC) - October 7
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PC) - October 7
NBA 2K15 (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PC) - October 7
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (PS3, 360, PC) - October 14
Battlefield Hardline (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3, PC) - October 21
The Evil Within (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3, PC) - October 21
Evolve (Xbox One, PS4, PC) - October 21

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I'll say this for Watch Dogs:

1. The explosions are absolutely gorgeous.
2. There's a ton of optional side content. It's not all great, but there's a f-ton of it.
3. For a 3rd person open world game, the shooting is surprisingly good.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Didn't see anything that makes me want to go out a buy an XB1. Multiplats, CGI trailers and DLC "First On XBOX" isn't enough to convince people

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
The only announcement that made me really happy was GTAV on PS4, since I missed it when it first came out.

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
No new announcements that really got me going. I did get into the Battlefield Hardline beta and will be trying that out for a bit, but it strikes me as Battlefield Theft Auto. Not overly inspiring.

NHL 15 looks pretty good.

Played a little more Watch Dogs last night...it's...okay. May need to stop focusing on the campaign and tool around with the other content.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
No new announcements that really got me going. I did get into the Battlefield Hardline beta and will be trying that out for a bit, but it strikes me as Battlefield Theft Auto. Not overly inspiring.

Had no idea what I was doing other than racking up a nice kill count before the server crashed

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Still have some skepticism, but DAI is a good looking game.

Thanks for posting was going to go track down a gameplay vid that I figured would be out there. Actually been playing DA2 a bit recently. Again glad to see mixing the more tactical elements (turn based) if one wants to.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
What I can't tell from that Rainbow Six clip is whether it utilizes a cover mechanic the way R6V 1&2 did. That cover mechanic made the game, and was a big reason why the new Deus Ex felt so good (one of the R6V developers went to Eidos Montreal to make DX).

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Five Things BioWare Wants You To Know About The Next Dragon Age

http://kotaku.com/five-things-bioware-wants-you-to-know-about-the-next-d-1584867161

Customization options are yet another feature in Inquisition that Darrah says is bigger and more expansive than ever.

"Four playable races, two genders, and a choice of voices, as well as our unique, brand new facial customization system that offers over a billion possible faces...21 different combat skill trees...over 250 combat abilities, talents and upgrades, allow you to fight the way you want. 16 million armor combinations that can be equipped on both you and your followers. Craft weapons and armor, going all the way down to customizing the hilt and the blade to make your weapons look the way you want and play the way you want."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad