OT: Video Games IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slateman

Feb 2, 2016
Just upgraded my rig - going through all the games I played on medium settings to Ultra. Warhammer has nice detail, Alien: Isolation may be even a bit scarier (it's a lot smoother), and Arma 3 is pretty. Any other recs for a high-end graphics PC game?

Crysis 1 (2007) or Crysis 3

GTA V with the graphics mods

Assassin's Creed Unity (with all the patches)

Witcher 3 (because best game ever)

Hitman (2016)

Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Deus Ex Mankind Divided

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
B&W provides more content as DLC than most games have in total. Amazing game. I'm kind of sad that there won't be another Witcher game for a while. I'm hoping Cyberpunk 2077 has this kind of effort.

There will be a Witcher sequel, I almost guarantee it. The game (and its DLC) was a smash hit, one that few saw coming. It might take some time for a sequel to come out, but it will at some point, I'm pretty convinced.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Overwatch, but it's Xbox One, so just throwing that out there.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Just upgraded my rig - going through all the games I played on medium settings to Ultra. Warhammer has nice detail, Alien: Isolation may be even a bit scarier (it's a lot smoother), and Arma 3 is pretty. Any other recs for a high-end graphics PC game?

What did you upgrade to? I'm waiting to see what happens with Ryzen,.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

You on a 1070?

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia

Battlefield?! :P

There are some pretty racing games out there too.

Slateman

Feb 2, 2016
Nice - have 'em, haven't installed them in a bit. Thanks.

Ethan Carter is a unique game. You'll either love it or hate it, but it will look pretty.

There will be a Witcher sequel, I almost guarantee it. The game (and its DLC) was a smash hit, one that few saw coming. It might take some time for a sequel to come out, but it will at some point, I'm pretty convinced.

CD Projekt Red already said there would be, but it's going to be a while. Honestly, I think they're going to have to introduce another character and start another story arc.

What did you upgrade to? I'm waiting to see what happens with Ryzen,.

You on a 1070?

Yea man, tell us all about your rig.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Ethan Carter is a unique game. You'll either love it or hate it, but it will look pretty.

CD Projekt Red already said there would be, but it's going to be a while. Honestly, I think they're going to have to introduce another character and start another story arc.

Yea man, tell us all about your rig.

I thought I had heard the opposite? I was under the impression that they were pretty much moving on to Cyberpunk.

Although I could be confused, it's possible that they only said Geralt's story is finished. I think people generally liked Ciri, they could probably still make another Witcher game with her to keep people invested.

Also, re: Dying Light, I love it. :)

I actually started playing it earlier this year to pass the time while injured, and it's great, but I feel like they missed an opportunity because the best way to play it was easily co-op. Having a small, say, 5-10 runner MMO-style open world would have been ideal, in my eyes. Not even PvP, just in a way that encouraged a little more buddy-system type interaction.

edit: it may have even been in the menu, to randomly match with a group, but I'm not sure. at any rate, I'd have preferred it as the default.

Slateman

Feb 2, 2016
I thought I had heard the opposite? I was under the impression that they were pretty much moving on to Cyberpunk.

Although I could be confused, it's possible that they only said Geralt's story is finished. I think people generally liked Ciri, they could probably still make another Witcher game with her to keep people invested.

Also, re: Dying Light, I love it. :)

I actually started playing it earlier this year to pass the time while injured, and it's great, but I feel like they missed an opportunity because the best way to play it was easily co-op. Having a small, say, 5-10 runner MMO-style open world would have been ideal, in my eyes. Not even PvP, just in a way that encouraged a little more buddy-system type interaction.

edit: it may have even been in the menu, to randomly match with a group, but I'm not sure. at any rate, I'd have preferred it as the default.

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...cher-3-Wild-Hunt-Geralt-CD-Projekt-Red-Sequel

They're still going to concentrate on Cyberpunk, but that doesn't rule out a sequel. Remember, it's a small company. really can only work on one big game at a time. And they're also developing a stand alone Gwent game.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010

I'd love to play Ciri in the sequel. Or one of the other female characters like Yennefer or even Triss.

Slateman

Feb 2, 2016
I'd love to play Ciri in the sequel. Or one of the other female characters like Yennefer or even Triss.

I don't know where they could go with it. You'd really have to flush out Ciri as a character to play, as she would have none of the Witcher mutations or capabilities.

I would like to see Geralt, Yennifer, Ciri, and Triss all incorporated in to the next game. Like, for example, Geralt and Yennifer find a way to have a kid, a daughter, and create a witcher in the process. I dunno, something that involves them, but isn't focused on them.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Given that the game has a ******** of magic, monsters, and other crazy things I'm pretty sure they can come up with a way for a supposedly sterile guy to have a child with a wily sorceress.

Slateman

Feb 2, 2016
Given that the game has a ******** of magic, monsters, and other crazy things I'm pretty sure they can come up with a way for a supposedly sterile guy to have a child with a wily sorceress.

****SPOILERS FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T PLAYED THE GAME****

I believe the sorceresses were sterile too.

I was thinking more along the lines of them adopting a child, a daughter, who shows particular prowess, physically. Aunt Ciri, who is empress of Nilfgard, comes along, and inspires her niece to become more warrior like, so she trains like one.

The game starts with an older Geralt going on a mission, on behalf of his daughter/emperess. During the mission, he makes an amazing discovery of some ancient alchemy that allows Yennefier to enhance the potions of the Trials of the Grasses, thus allowing women to potentially become withcers. Geralt, at the behest of Ciri, re-builds Kaehr Morhen, and starts the School of the Wolf back up. You can now choose to play as a man or woman, with different paths/stories for either character.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
In the middle of Dishonored 2. Its a good game, but I must say Bethesda is running a risk by sticking to their "lets compromise graphics in favor of better gameplay" philosophy. Dishonored 2 looks like Falllout 4 which in turn looked like Skyrim...that is to say, not so good and outdated. Games like Uncharted 4 and Witcher 3 showed that you can have the best of both worlds -- great graphics and great gameplay. Time for Bethesda to follow suit.

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
I think they're just milking the engine for all it's worth on games they knew were going to sell huge regardless.

Whatever Elder Scrolls VI ends up being will be their next coming out party as far as engines go, and that's years away. Skyrim and Fallout 4 have such long shelf lives and continue to sell even now, so they have all the leeway in the world to make the next games in those franchises the showcase for their next moves under the hood. The release of SSE just goes to show how much they want to milk this wave of success while they toil to create the next one.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Horizon Zero Dawn reviews pretty good, though I was hoping for unanimous 10's across the board.

What a year for exclusives: Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn...hey XBox fans, what will you be playing :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia