OT: Video Game Thread Part VIII

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
@FLYguy3911 a little late but hell yeah :laugh:

I intentionally haven’t played rivals in two weeks to avoid Div 2 so that I could get relegated to Div 4 for the new season (and potentially Div 10 if I come back in the summer).

Bastoni looks nuts btw if you want to switch to a Serie A squad. ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I intentionally haven’t played rivals in two weeks to avoid Div 2 so that I could get relegated to Div 4 for the new season (and potentially Div 10 if I come back in the summer).

Just did Wolf for some reason.

Hes sucks so bad IRL but if Dortmund wins he should be pretty good.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Oh shit actually I might need to do that one…

I’d even have him on full chem without any changes because I have RTTF Lukaku, Ice Tomori at CDM (just got him from the 85+ campaign pack… he’s nuts), and Cannavaro.

His playstyles too…

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Tomori at CDM (just got him from the 85+ campaign pack… he’s nuts),
Only decent card I pulled from that was Cancelo and he was two months outdated lol.

I’m going to do Bastoni tomorrow. I have packs saved up because the pack weight this week has been terrible.

Watching the Show stream right now, seems like way less of a grind.
Maybe but it’s only the first “chapter” of the season. I wish they mixed up the structure and modes a bit. It’s all the same stuff as last year. Same way to unlock everything…

I’m interested in the lower overalls and not having to face maxed out hitters all day every day though. There is John Donaldson day one though. They didn’t show his pitch mix or quirks but I don’t think it’s the cracked one from last year.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I’m interested in the lower overalls and not having to face maxed out hitters all day every day though.

Pitchers being vastly better than hitters for half the game cycle sucks though.

I also mastered hitting off Donaldson. I live without fear now.

The major problem last year was BR and Event and Ranked giving you mostly unusable cards. It was all Affinity/Set grinds, which was geared towards offline.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Pitchers being vastly better than hitters for half the game cycle sucks though.
I wasn’t glued to every card and they didn’t really show quirks but it seemed like the pitchers had relatively low H/9 which means bigger PCI’s. I don’t think it’ll be quite as offensive friendly as BR or anything but part of the fun of that mode is not having to sweat through god squads. God squads were Day 1 last year. Hell I never competed the collection because it was pointless.

Although every top pitcher seemed to have sinker/cutter so looks like another year of that meta. I wish they could do more to make four seams more viable since that is “the meta” irl.

I also mastered hitting off Donaldson. I live without fear now.
So did the #5 player in the world who ended my ranked season last year.

• Wow
Reactions: Magua

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Only decent card I pulled from that was Cancelo and he was two months outdated lol.

I’m going to do Bastoni tomorrow. I have packs saved up because the pack weight this week has been terrible.

Maybe but it’s only the first “chapter” of the season. I wish they mixed up the structure and modes a bit. It’s all the same stuff as last year. Same way to unlock everything…

I’m interested in the lower overalls and not having to face maxed out hitters all day every day though. There is John Donaldson day one though. They didn’t show his pitch mix or quirks but I don’t think it’s the cracked one from last year.
He's pretty watered down stat wise, but he still has the same quirks etc.

Honestly, you get so much XP and shit from just playing any game mode, I can't imagine it being anywhere near as bad. 23 was worse than anything I've ever done and I've grinded builds on 2K for years.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

I saved a few packs for tomorrow because the FUT Birthday promo looks like it'll be crazy if the leaks are real.

When I open those the fodder will go into Bastoni.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I saved a few packs for tomorrow because the FUT Birthday promo looks like it'll be crazy if the leaks are real.

When I open those the fodder will go into Bastoni.
The good thing about Bastoni is that he's left footed. Most of the best CBs are right footed.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
@FLYguy3911 — this XP cap in Diamond Dynasty is brutal. It’s not even Touch Grass levels. Like 30k? Woof. I had to stop my single conquest because I wasn’t even getting XP anymore. I already felt like I wasn’t getting many packs/stubs for my effort.

Also, ignore all stats: James Wood is the best card in the game.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
@FLYguy3911 — this XP cap in Diamond Dynasty is brutal. It’s not even Touch Grass levels. Like 30k? Woof. I had to stop my single conquest because I wasn’t even getting XP anymore. I already felt like I wasn’t getting many packs/stubs for my effort. And the two way glitch is back so that’s fun too.

Buxton boost?

Yeah I haven’t even been grinding much. Getting PTSD from last year and there are no OP cards to grind for really. Just did moments and showdowns. Haven’t even touched online yet. I'm really rusty. And the new pinpoint stuff is a pita.

I haven’t packed a single diamond yet either lol.

Last edited:

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
@FLYguy3911 — this XP cap in Diamond Dynasty is brutal. It’s not even Touch Grass levels. Like 30k? Woof. I had to stop my single conquest because I wasn’t even getting XP anymore. I already felt like I wasn’t getting many packs/stubs for my effort.

The actor?

• Wow

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The actor?

giphy-4.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Lord Defect

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
@FLYguy3911 In case you didn't see, they added an Icon 88+ pick that doesn't include base icons. So basically winter wildcard, TOTY, and thunderstruck. 88 squad, two 87 squads, and an 85 squad.

Not horrible...

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
@FLYguy3911 In case you didn't see, they added an Icon 88+ pick that doesn't include base icons. So basically winter wildcard, TOTY, and thunderstruck. 88 squad, two 87 squads, and an 85 squad.

Not horrible...

Haha good thing I’m not playing WL anymore.

My high rated untradeable fodder disappeared. I want to do that Socrates. Tried out his loan and he seemed pretty crazy. I gotta finish Koman too.

That 82x20 has to be the biggest scam pack in the game. I pulled ONE 84. Rest 83s and 82s.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Haha good thing I’m not playing WL anymore.

My high rated untradeable fodder disappeared. I want to do that Socrates. Tried out his loan and he seemed pretty crazy. I gotta finish Koman too.

That 82x20 has to be the biggest scam pack in the game. I pulled ONE 84. Rest 83s and 82s.
Yeah, 85 squad for that makes no sense at all unless you’re just desperate for a chance at a promo card.

I heard very good things about Socrates and not good about Coman. That Roberto Carlos card looks awesome too but noooo chance he’s worth 15 squads.

Now Inter needs to save this Bastoni card because he feels slow as shit as he current is. :laugh: Although that could just be the horrendous gameplay the last two days.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I heard very good things about Socrates and not good about Coman. That Roberto Carlos card looks awesome too but noooo chance he’s worth 15 squads.
5*5* winger that can play both wings and links to Davies and Kimmich. Thought he was worth the gamble.

I have LBs out the ass or I'd think about Carlos.

Now Inter needs to save this Bastoni card because he feels slow as shit as he current is. :laugh: Although that could just be the horrendous gameplay the last two days.
Shadow? I've just been playing 3 squad battles a day for the daily play. He feels okay. He has that big ass Konate build for some reason. I have no idea why they make CBs look like super heros. Bastoni is pretty slight irl.

I did Labotka too since he was only one squad and Serie A links. 5'7 with aerial! I can't lose!

I have a feeling Barca are going to shit the bed.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
5*5* winger that can play both wings and links to Davies and Kimmich. Thought he was worth the gamble.

I have LBs out the ass or I'd think about Carlos.
I can definitely see why you'd do him. Maybe those two people were just wrong.

And same, but I'd even remove Davies for Carlos. Davies biggest flaw is I have to sub him out around the 60th minute because the guy gets gassed so damn fast. Carlos has Relentless+, plus 99 shot power and 99 free kick with Dead Dall+ :laugh:

Shadow? I've just been playing 3 squad battles a day for the daily play. He feels okay. He has that big ass Konate build for some reason. I have no idea why they make CBs look like super heros. Bastoni is pretty slight irl.

I did Labotka too since he was only one squad. I can't lose!

I have a feeling Barca are going to shit the bed.
Yeah, always have shadow on my CBs. I actually went back to Kossounou because he was bothering me so much. Hopefully he'll be usable with the upgrade (although a missed PK doesn't help...) or I might need to just write that one off as a loss.

I saw someone sim the Barca game and they won so it's a lock. Don't even worry.

Edit:
Oh wait, the biggest jinx streamer did Felix so you're f***ed.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
That guy runs the fodder teams and gets 16 wins by crossing the ball all game. He also gets 4 ms ping which I would do unforgivable things for.
Ohhhhh trust me, I know how that lunatic operates. I watch him decently often while I'm playing. :laugh:

Whipped pass+ and arial+ are his fetish.

What's your normal ping? I'm typically in the 20's or 30s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad