OT: Video Game Thread Part VIII

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I can now confirm he is. :laugh:

Unreal. 5'9" but strong as VVD and he's a ball magnet. Nothing gets past him. With a shadow he has 93 pace (and quick step+) and nearly maxed D stats (other than heading accuracy).
Did you do the loan or the full card? I'll probably do him, especially after seeing that Tchouameni price today. :laugh:

I just finished Coman and Grimaldo today and I want to do Cuadrado before he expires. Pretty much tapped out of anything untradable above 83 though lol. Looks like the SBCs this week aren't anything special unless something drops unexpectedly so hopefully can stock up a bit. I still want to do that Socrates too.

How's The Show going?
Haven't played much tbh. Hard to juggle two Ultimate Teams at once. Their content is a lot worse than FIFA's but it's nice not having to deal with untradable dupes and pretty much every card is obtainable. Plus I'm relatively better at The Show.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Did you do the loan or the full card? I'll probably do him, especially after seeing that Tchouameni price today. :laugh:

I just finished Coman and Grimaldo today and I want to do Cuadrado before he expires. Pretty much tapped out of anything untradable above 83 though lol. Looks like the SBCs this week aren't anything special unless something drops unexpectedly so hopefully can stock up a bit. I still want to do that Socrates too.
Full card. Didn’t even bother trying the loan first. HIGHLY recommend it.

My dumb ass did two of Cuadrado before realizing his stamina is trash. I already have enough guys who need to be subbed off early. Don’t want another, plus I just got Bellarin in the battle pass and he’s sick.

Yeah, the upcomming SBCs look awful but Team 2 of FUT Birthday looks pretty great. Haven’t got a single one yet but hopefully they release some good upgrade SBCs
Haven't played much tbh. Hard to juggle two Ultimate Teams at once. Their content is a lot worse than FIFA's but it's nice not having to deal with untradable dupes and pretty much every card is obtainable. Plus I'm relatively better at The Show.
Oh gotcha. I though you were stopping FIFA because you wanted to go hard into that one.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Full card. Didn’t even bother trying the loan first. HIGHLY recommend it.

My dumb ass did two of Cuadrado before realizing his stamina is trash. I already have enough guys who need to be subbed off early. Don’t want another, plus I just got Bellarin in the battle pass and he’s sick.

Yeah, the upcomming SBCs look awful but Team 2 of FUT Birthday looks pretty great. Haven’t got a single one yet but hopefully they release some good upgrade SBCs
He has the same stamina as Davies. It's annoying but not as bad as an attacker with low stamina.

I got Reijnders, my boy, in a tradeable gold pack. Had to get the 50k while I could since I'll probably pack him again. I got the 87 too lol. Yeah the team is pretty good. I didn't check until now. I just assume I'll only pack the fodder cards.

Oh gotcha. I though you were stopping FIFA because you wanted to go hard into that one.
I went hard last year. Still have some fatigue. Might pick up again when the season starts.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He has the same stamina as Davies. It's annoying but not as bad as an attacker with low stamina.

I got Reijnders, my boy, in a tradeable gold pack. Had to get the 50k while I could since I'll probably pack him again. I got the 87 too lol. Yeah the team is pretty good. I didn't check until now. I just assume I'll only pack the fodder cards.
That's exactly why I'm not doing him. :laugh:

With how I use my fullbacks, I need them to be very mobile and subbing out both of them is gonna be a "no" from me, dog. I'll stick with Hector.

I want that Salah so bad. I swear every time I play anyone with Salah I get Finesse Shot +'ed from outside the box at least once.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
@Striiker pack weight horrendous or is it just me? I'm not even packing the fodder promo cards. Two walkouts in three 84x3. Nothing above 87.
Yup, absolutely terrible.

Opened an 83x10 from the birthday cup with 9 duplicate 83s. :laugh: In like 10 packs yesterday I only got one Team 2 guy (Kainz) and 85 Ice Spinazzola.

Did that icon pick again too. Had to choose between TOTY icon Zola and Thunderstruck Casillas… took the latter. Went against my instincts but Zola isn’t even a clear bench upgrade and he sure as shit isn’t replacing Pele, Hamm, or Timo as a starter. Plus, Casillas is a freaking nightmare to play.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
@FLYguy3911 — my friend and I were up 8-3 in the 8th inning, and the game froze. It was the last game before bed. These mutants didn’t leave in 14 hours for a co-op game in which they were getting dummied. Just embarrassing stuff. The silver lining is I got the one guy communication banned on Xbox.

My friend quit. I would’ve left my Xbox on until MLB: The Show 25 on principle alone. The one dude has like 1.2k Twitch followers for other games.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
@FLYguy3911 — my friend and I were up 8-3 in the 8th inning, and the game froze. It was the last game before bed. These mutants didn’t leave in 14 hours for a co-op game in which they were getting dummied. Just embarrassing stuff. The silver lining is I got the one guy communication banned on Xbox.

My friend quit. I would’ve left my Xbox on until MLB: The Show 25 on principle alone.
Same. Haven’t ran into any freeze offs yet but I know they’re coming.

Ran into a guy with the quickest dashboard in the game tho.

Also Waldron is the best pitcher in the game. No idea why they buffed knuckle balls. Greinke second. Rocking a 0.00 ERA somehow on All Star.

Reactions: Striiker and Magua

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Also Waldron is the best pitcher in the game. No idea why they buffed knuckle balls. Greinke second. Rocking a 0.00 ERA somehow on All Star.

Oh, I’m aware. The pitch speeds don't even match up -- I used Waldron last year, and the difference is insane. I put the Maddux boost on Waldron in event too. I had a guy quit after 1 pitch. I’ve only faced him once but I did smack him. The guy sent me a message pre-game asking if I could boost him a win. :laugh:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Oh, I’m aware. The pitch speeds don't even match up -- I used Waldron last year, and the difference is insane. I put the Maddux boost on Waldron in event too. I had a guy quit after 1 pitch. I’ve only faced him once but I did smack him. The guy sent me a message pre-game asking if I could boost him a win. :laugh:
Absolute rat behavior.

I surprisingly only faced hm once in events, my first game, and the dumb f*** only lost because he kept trying to sneak in a fastball every once in a while (and he couldn't hit). He got to watch a replay of the dingers and quit.

I think David Wright is my Wood. Started 8-8 with him. Cedric Mullins a close second. Tried that Bogaerts because I loved his 97 WBC card last year and never sold a card so quickly. Perfect-Perfect fly ball that barely reached the warning track.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I think David Wright is my Wood. Started 8-8 with him. Cedric Mullins a close second.

I’m always a big Mullins guy. And Wright was one of my new favorites last year. S tier swings. That Blackmon card is filthy too at this point in the game.

Mauer is The Guy right now for me. I’m batting almost .700 in 40 ABs. Way better than that junk chase card last year.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I’m always a big Mullins guy. And Wright was one of my new favorites last year. S tier swings. That Blackmon card is filthy too at this point in the game.

Mauer is The Guy right now for me. I’m batting almost .700 in 40 ABs. Way better than that junk chase card last year.
I've been sitting on a 1-0 BR run for a week. I'll do that once I finish the event.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
@Magua

An all time BR choke job by this guy.

GJxhayzakAAxfqp

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
@FLYguy3911 RB is my biggest weakness so I did the Reece James SBC and open my very next pack to see…

Is that the level 25 pack? I’m on like level 16 lol. Better pull than anything I’ve pulled all year.

That base Cafu eats my lunch. I can only imagine what that one is like. Only promo I pulled was Berbatov. He’s 30k. :facepalm:

I bought the 750k pack yesterday with coins. Four icons. Was hoping for one of the big boys but could have been much worse. At least three are usable.

IMG_3771.jpeg

• Wow

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Is that the level 25 pack? I’m on like level 16 lol. Better pull than anything I’ve pulled all year.

That base Cafu eats my lunch. I can only imagine what that one is like. Only promo I pulled was Berbatov. He’s 30k. :facepalm:

I bought the 750k pack yesterday with coins. Four icons. Was hoping for one of the big boys but could have been much worse. At least three are usable.

View attachment 843298
Nah, I’m only on level 20. I’m not sure what that 83x20 was from… can’t find it anywhere…

And damn, 750k? I don’t have the stomach for that kind of risk. :laugh: Couldve been much worse.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Nah, I’m only on level 20. I’m not sure what that 83x20 was from… can’t find it anywhere…

And damn, 750k? I don’t have the stomach for that kind of risk. :laugh: Couldve been much worse.
It's so hard to work up to a million coins but you can't really buy top tier players with it. Even if you do, decent chance their value plummets in a week. It's really only useful for buying fodder. Figured it was worth a shot with FUT Birthday having the best icons. The icons in that pack were worth 1.4 million total yesterday. Value wise it worked out, but they will probably be obsolete in a few weeks.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It's so hard to work up to a million coins but you can't really buy top tier players with it. Even if you do, decent chance their value plummets in a week. It's really only useful for buying fodder. Figured it was worth a shot with FUT Birthday having the best icons. The icons in that pack were worth 1.4 million total yesterday. Value wise it worked out, but they will probably be obsolete in a few weeks.
Yeah, with 99% of packs being untradable, there’s no good way to build up your coins and buy impact players.

Definitely worth a shot if there’s something you want on the pack.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad