OT: Video Game Thread Part VIII

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Living next door to a server is nice, but ping is a lie when it comes to EA. I get regularly outpinged on MY server — I can see and feel it — by lesser players I know who are on the west coast. While I’m hardwired on 1GB down. There’s something else going on; it’s only been the last 2 years. If you Google “fat man lag” and stuff, you’ll find 8 million threads for FIFA and chel. EA has some network/coding bullshit that affects some people — they can’t or won’t fix.

Reactions: Striiker

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Felix. The man himself.

Ohhhhh trust me, I know how that lunatic operates. I watch him decently often while I'm playing. :laugh:

Whipped pass+ and arial+ are his fetish.

What's your normal ping? I'm typically in the 20's or 30s.
Same. Mid 20s.

Living next door to a server is nice, but ping is a lie when it comes to EA. I get regularly outpinged on MY server — I can see and feel it — by lesser players I know who are on the west coast. While I’m hardwired on 1GB down. There’s something else going on; it’s only been the last 2 years. If you Google “fat man lag” and stuff, you’ll find 8 million threads for FIFA and chel. EA has some network/coding bullshit that affects some people — they can’t or won’t fix.
FIFA makes NHL feel like you’re playing on crack. With FIFA sometimes your skill moves don’t even register it’s so bad.

Reactions: Striiker and Magua

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
FIFA makes NHL feel like you’re playing on crack. With FIFA sometimes your skill moves don’t even register it’s so bad.

That’s how my NHL usually operates. My sprint doesn’t activate for 2 seconds, and my player actually freezes when I left stick cut. My right stick moves don’t register. Forget quick passes. I lose every animation most games and incidental contact is hilariously uneven. I’ve sent in videos to EA; they don’t give a f***. There’s like a 300 page thread on FIFA+chel every year on their site.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I don't know how many of you play Rimworld, but they're adding @Beef Invictus to the game as part of their next expansion:

Love Rimworld. I always go back to it now and then and get sucked into the gameplay loop for dozens of hours.

May have to check out the latest expansion!

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Nah, just watched the stream for like 10 minutes and wanted to jam pencils in my ears. :laugh:
I just get irked when he does an SBC and then three days later he puts the card in an exchanger. :laugh:

Btw I heard that Makelele is nuts. I have no fodder though. Still haven’t finished Coman.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I just get irked when he does an SBC and then three days later he puts the card in an exchanger. :laugh:

Btw I heard that is nuts. I have no fodder though. Still haven’t finished Coman.
-Every sentence has to be repeated twice.
-Every other word is zoomer shit.
-Every single player is his "____ GOAT"
-Fake fan of like 10 different teams
-He gets the most insane luck, like his last four icon picks have been Maldini, Zidane, Zico, and then Thunderstruck Henry last night (with Thunderstruck Puskas as his other option). Also got Popp and Lahm in TOTY.
The list never ends...

Yeah, Makelele looks pretty good, outside of kinda bad pace. I have some fodder but I'm saying it for that 88+ Icon refresh. :laugh:

Reactions: FLYguy3911

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
The fluid and light player character movement in Dark Souls III is an amazing change of pace compared to Dark Souls I & II. It’s a great quality of life improvement.

• Love
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
since it is an option...i absolutely have to see how they play out letting you pick a female in RTTS in this years The Show

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Funscom (might have the name wrong,, they made the Conan MMO) are making a Dune survival MMO

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
The fluid and light player character movement in Dark Souls III is an amazing change of pace compared to Dark Souls I & II. It’s a great quality of life improvement.
I've had a bitch of a time going back to DS1/2 since playing 3/Bloodborne/Elden Ring. They're just so slowwwwwwww by comparison. I tried Demon's Souls, too, and that was even more glacially paced.

Love Rimworld. I always go back to it now and then and get sucked into the gameplay loop for dozens of hours.

May have to check out the latest expansion!
It's one of those games I won't touch for 6-8 months, then I'll get an urge or an expansion will drop and I'll drop like 40 hours in 2 weeks lol. Perfect to play while watching hockey games, too.

TB87

May 30, 2018
I've had a bitch of a time going back to DS1/2 since playing 3/Bloodborne/Elden Ring. They're just so slowwwwwwww by comparison. I tried Demon's Souls, too, and that was even more glacially paced.

DS2 movement is slower than DS1 somehow. Also, if you die ~10 times in the early going of DS2, you respawn at a bonfire with only 50% of your health bar. That’s some serious horseshit. I’m all for a challenge but that’s a step too far.

Demon’s Souls remake is only fun if you choose the royal class. The movement is definitely slowww though.

Loving DS3 so far.

TB87

May 30, 2018
This game ain't ever coming out

I’m sure it’ll be worth the wait. Not entirely sure that I trust these reports though. Originated from Kotaku I believe and the article didn’t have much substance to it. Got those sweet clicks though, so good for them I guess lol

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Btw I heard that Makelele is nuts. I have no fodder though.
I can now confirm he is. :laugh:

Unreal. 5'9" but strong as VVD and he's a ball magnet. Nothing gets past him. With a shadow he has 93 pace (and quick step+) and nearly maxed D stats (other than heading accuracy).

How's The Show going?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad