OT: Video Game Thread Part VIII

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Hell yeah, very nice.

Now you can't quit. ;) The game decided to be fair for once because it knew you wanted to leave.
I got two 84s and an 86 out of the three 84+ player picks and a dupe 87 out of the campaign pack. The game decided for me lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Striiker

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Nothing current but I've been wanting an HDMI connector cable for the longest time so I can play my PS2 again and a buddy at work hooked me up with a recommendation. Now I'm finally reunited with my first love after almost a decade. First order of business was starting a Flyers dynasty and trading for Datsyuk.
View attachment 830036

I just picked up NHL 2K5 for PS2 recently because its the last game with a Skills Competition. Pretty fun actually.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I just picked up NHL 2K5 for PS2 recently because its the last game with a Skills Competition. Pretty fun actually.
I have 2K6 for the PS2 and played that a lot growing up as well. I think it's pretty similar to 2K5 (except Bob Cole and Harry Neale do the commentary instead of Thorne and Clement). Only real negative is that the PS2/Xbox generation releases don't have post-lockout updated rosters by default, so guys like Roenick/Leclair/Amonte/Markov etc. are still on the Flyers' roster.

Reactions: Rebels57

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
No idea why anyone would pay that much
giphy.gif

• Haha

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
No chance you do that if you aren’t quitting soon :laugh:
I had fodder and packs piling up. I got Kane's TOTY card in a player pick again lol.

Felix is one of my favorites. 5* skills. I had an evo card of his earlier in the year that I used a bit. I needed Barca and Portugal links too. He definitely needs the upgrade though. :laugh:

Hopefully Bastoni isn't too expensive. I never used to pack his base gold card but now I've packed him like 3x this week. Fishy.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I had fodder and packs piling up. I got Kane's TOTY card in a player pick again lol.

Felix is one of my favorites. 5* skills. I had an evo card of his earlier in the year that I used a bit. I needed Barca and Portugal links too. He definitely needs the upgrade though. :laugh:

Hopefully Bastoni isn't too expensive. I never used to pack his base gold card but now I've packed him like 3x this week. Fishy.
I just got duplicate HM Kane a minute ago too…

It was the second walkout of the pack and I got so excited hearing the TOTY music… f*** my life.

But ok, fine, you have a valid excuse then. :laugh: Hopefully you get that upgrade before you abandon me to suffer on this godforsaken game by myself. Traitor.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I just got duplicate HM Kane a minute ago too…

It was the second walkout of the pack and I got so excited hearing the TOTY music… f*** my life.

But ok, fine, you have a valid excuse then. :laugh: Hopefully you get that upgrade before you abandon me to suffer on this godforsaken game by myself. Traitor.
I had no clue there was TOTY music lol.

I'll probably hang around the menus so I'm not too far behind if I come back in the summer. I have 850k coins and about 500k worth of tradeable fodder. That should last me a bit without playing.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I had no clue there was TOTY music lol.

I'll probably hang around the menus so I'm not too far behind if I come back in the summer. I have 850k coins and about 500k worth of tradeable fodder. That should last me a bit without playing.
Yeah, I'd never heard it before either but I heard it start when the 88 Renard walkout came out, so I got all excited.

It was this:

Reactions: FLYguy3911

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I don't know how many of you play Rimworld, but they're adding @Beef Invictus to the game as part of their next expansion:

A massive flesh creature is growing across the landscape, consuming and covering the whole map with a quivering mass of meat. It defends itself with beasts and acid. Fight it to get samples of its nervous system, then study them until you can venture to its heart and kill it for good.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don't know how many of you play Rimworld, but they're adding @Beef Invictus to the game as part of their next expansion:

It took them 9 hours to digitally map me. They took particular notice of the crevices.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad