OT: Video Game Thread Part VIII

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Kind of tempted to make a thread for this dynasty just for shits and giggles. It's not like everyone here cares about the real current team, lol.
20240305_213112.jpg

20240305_213255.jpg

20240305_213304.jpg

Nothing against Hank but it was satisfying to see him get yanked it what would've been his first NHL game :laugh:

NHL games seem to usually have really good music.

The last two FIFA games are horrendous.
NHL 23 was good. I don't buy the games too often anymore.

I've bought like one Madden game in the last five years and the soundtrack was so horrendous I eventually turned it off. The first three I played (10-12) had pretty decent soundtracks, especially 10.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
NHL games seem to usually have really good music.

The last two FIFA games are horrendous.
My monitor doesn't have sound so I only hear the music when I have my headset on but FIFA 23 had a few jams. Haven't really listened much this year.

Also going to see Pedro Porro in my sleep tonight. Put him in the exchange three times today. :laugh:

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
My monitor doesn't have sound so I only hear the music when I have my headset on but FIFA 23 had a few jams. Haven't really listened much this year.

Also going to see Pedro Porro in my sleep tonight. Put him in the exchange three times today. :laugh:
Trust me, it’s horrendous this year. :laugh: (Pro-tip that you probably know: if you press the select button on thr Xbox controller it skips the current song. Don’t know what the PS equivalent is but I assume it does the same)

The exchanges are one of the best things they’ve added to the game. I wish they’d just keep them in all the time but of course they won’t. Excited to do the icon SBC today. Might just throw that into the exchange when they give me some dogshit fodder.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yeah, took the 84x20.

You?
That's what I was thinking. Didn't know if the player picks were juiced or not.

I would tell you to do Akanji but I did him which means he's not getting the upgarde. He feels crazy. I really needed another CB too.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
That's what I was thinking. Didn't know if the player picks were juiced or not.

I would tell you to do Akanji but I did him which means he's not getting the upgarde. He feels crazy. I really needed another CB too.
From what I’ve seen? No, the picks were shit. Plus I like some of these cards in the Best Of promo and I wanted a chance at them.

And I was actually thinking about doing the Bobby Clark SBC to get him injured and then just leave him like that in my club as punishment forever.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
@Striiker think i found the biggest rat. Mbappe, R9, and Pele up top, into a 5 back and switching the ball between his fullbacks four times a possession. :laugh:
Geeeez... That's when you have to griddy after every goal as a public service. :laugh:

You do any of the repeatable Icon packs? It's a great SBC and I love that they released it but you just know they did it to trick everyone into wiping out their clubs before FUT Birthday.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Geeeez... That's when you have to griddy after every goal as a public service. :laugh:

You do any of the repeatable Icon packs? It's a great SBC and I love that they released it but you just know they did it to trick everyone into wiping out their clubs before FUT Birthday.
The greasy Mbappe sub goal in the 80th minute to break the tie and switch to the 5 back and hit him with his own medicine felt good ngl.

Yeah I’m not touching it. The pack weight looks horrible. Gonna save fodder for Felix and Bastoni and then move to The Show. :laugh:

I seen someone get three base Best’s in consecutive packs.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The greasy Mbappe sub goal in the 80th minute to break the tie and switch to the 5 back and hit him with his own medicine felt good ngl.
Hell yes. This is exactly what he deserves.

Yeah I’m not touching it. The pack weight looks horrible. Gonna save fodder for Felix and Bastoni and then move to The Show. :laugh:
Quitter

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
About to wrap up yet another XCOM 2 WotC campaign. I took a break from BG3 when I went away on vacation, and decided to fire up the ol' faithful game that never disappoints for a run through.

Just about to get back to Act 2 of BG3.

I saw a few trailers for Classified: France '44, which seems like an XCOM-like game set in WWII. Seems like it might be fun.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Has the game improved from a few years ago? Or is online still laggier than laggy?
It's peer-to-peer so it depends on your opponent.

Depends when you last played. Compared to a decade ago it's night and day. There is still a noticeable lag compared to offline but that's every game. Co-op is a lot laggier than single player also.

Reactions: SnS

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
It's peer-to-peer so it depends on your opponent.

Depends when you last played. Compared to a decade ago it's night and day. There is still a noticeable lag compared to offline but that's every game. Co-op is a lot laggier than single player also.

I think 2018 or 2019 was the last one I had. I can’t remember exactly. But it was hardly playable even when I just played friends online. I also don’t play pretty much any game offline. So when I typically buy games it’s for online.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I think 2018 or 2019 was the last one I had. I can’t remember exactly. But it was hardly playable even when I just played friends online. I also don’t play pretty much any game offline. So when I typically buy games it’s for online.
I didn't play much back then but I believe there have been improvements since. If they live across the country it will likely still be rough. Also can depend on the stadium you play at. The major league stadiums have a lot of resources and can lag more than the minor league stadiums.

Reactions: SnS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad