Rumor: VHN: Having spoken to four NHL GM’s just today, VHN can report that there are (at least) two Metro Division teams still interested Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
Not off to a good start on the JT Miller front I meant. Id have liked to see him moved early when new management came in; dont want lingering issues from the past group if you can help it.
Not that the situations were particularly similar but the Benning regime was faced with a monumental decision when they got there. Kesler was demanding a trade, and then used his full ntc to give them a 2 team list, 1 of whom didn't even want him.

We know how that turned out. I'm willing to have patience with this new regimes patience.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Nothing against the Isles but since Dobson or Barzal are off the table, they are pretty low on my list for teams that would make me excited about a possible return. Even Raty im not crazy about. I feel similarly about the Pens

Teams id love to trade Miller to:

1. La Kings
2. Minny Wild
3. CBJ
4. Ottawa
5. Washington
6. Nashville

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
That's fine by me. As I see it, even if they were on the table, the canucks would be adding....Miller will be demanding too much for too long to make sense for the islanders.

The basic problem is that teams can't afford to pay the Canucks AND Miller. It was the same issue with Duchene and it made no sense then and it makes even less sense now.

It makes sense for the Canucks because there's no player cost for resigning Miller. Anybody else is paying twice. If I was any other team I take my chances, if Miller resigns in Vancouver, so be it. If not then each team decides if it makes sense for them as a free agent, but at least you're not paying twice. With so many teams at or near the cap, I think that's the logical expectation.
To add to this there is a potential latent cost on top of a team re signs miller is other potential cap cut and rfa losses past next season a team may encounter

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
The Miller trade has been talked about so much so when it finally happens, no one will care wholeheartedly because we are so sick with all the speculation.

It needs to be a big overpayment/underpayment for someone to even blink an eye.

''It finally happened? Cool. It was about damn time.''.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
What if miller get 110 points this year? I mean, you list all the bad things, which is fine and fair, but Miller's trend has been upward, so what if he get's those 110 points, then what is his value?
He becomes a 10+MM player that no contender can afford to resign.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
What if miller get 110 points this year? I mean, you list all the bad things, which is fine and fair, but Miller's trend has been upward, so what if he get's those 110 points, then what is his value?
then you have to offer more for him as a ufa.

or do you talk about 110 points at the trade deadline?

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
To me, I find it absolutely absurd that people would think that Miller's new contract would be any more that Zibanejad's, as Zibanejad is just starting his new contract, so therefore that is the cost of a Zib/Miller type player.

Also, the length of the contract should be no longer than 7 years, which would put it on par with the end of Zibanejad's. And both would retire the same year (Most probable)

One "could" argue that his contract should be less than Zibanejad, in that he has not had as long of a scoring career, but I honestly think 3 years is enough of a sample size to argue the similarities.

In no way do I see Miller getting more...............(But hey! I could be wrong)

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
According to Rob Simpson, Vancouver Hockey Now spoke with 4 NHL GMS on August 26th and he is confirming and reporting that at least 2 Metro teams are very much still interested in JT Miller. Timing and Canuck's price point on Miller is what it will come down to.

Rob Simpson is very credible btw and doesn't usually leak out information such as this. He is well regarded in NHL circles and have worked for NHL network, NESN in Boston and MSGN.

Curious which 2 Metro teams are still in on Miller and what their current offer is that obviously is not good enough from the Canucks standpoint.

Have you posted about anything else besides Miller for the last 6 months?

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
To me, I find it absolutely absurd that people would think that Miller's new contract would be any more that Zibanejad's, as Zibanejad is just starting his new contract, so therefore that is the cost of a Zib/Miller type player.

Also, the length of the contract should be no longer than 7 years, which would put it on par with the end of Zibanejad's. And both would retire the same year (Most probable)

One "could" argue that his contract should be less than Zibanejad, in that he has not had as long of a scoring career, but I honestly think 3 years is enough of a sample size to argue the similarities.

In no way do I see Miller getting more...............(But hey! I could be wrong)

most recent report/speculation says that even if Miller gave Van a hometeam discount, the AAV would still be around 8.5-8.9 mil per with who know how long the length of the contract is.

Total money wise, i dont think Miller will sign for anything under 55mil.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Hearing there's big interest in Miller. Big interest. Like nothing you've ever seen before. This can't last. He'll be gone like that. Really big interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad