VGK Ticket Thread (Read OP for rules)

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
No vow
110 regular season
200 first
360 2nd
690 3rd

There's a good chance I sell games 3&4 and keep game 6 with these prices.

Are you even able to get $690/ticket? That's gotta be tough for this round. I'm thinking my $210 is not going to bring much of a return after fees, but I'm on a 6 week assignment in Canada so can't make any games until maybe game 6. I have been able to sell the others at just under $200 and then Game 5 last round went a little over $200. I'll have to get a bump up in price and I'm not sure the local market demand is that much higher now than it was in first two rounds. If they make the SCF that changes for sure.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Are you even able to get $690/ticket? That's gotta be tough for this round. I'm thinking my $210 is not going to bring much of a return after fees, but I'm on a 6 week assignment in Canada so can't make any games until maybe game 6. I have been able to sell the others at just under $200 and then Game 5 last round went a little over $200. I'll have to get a bump up in price and I'm not sure the local market demand is that much higher now than it was in first two rounds. If they make the SCF that changes for sure.

You're spot on. The price of an average seat is almost past the point of diminishing returns for anyone trying to make a little profit or just break even for a game they can't attend.

Upper level seats are going to be in serious demand going forward. The face value of lowers are inflated to the point of larceny.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV

If I undercut everyone else in my section right now, I still will be able to make some cash on it. Right now I'm trying to sell it to a co-worker and her boyfriend who are both absolutely loaded. They both own bentleys and own a 4 mil house in mcdonald highlands and have paid more for tickets in the first two rounds that weren't as good. They typically go to mma and boxing matches and buy tickets between 2 and 3k so I know they got the dough.

I sold most of my regular season weekday tickets at a good profit and it's covered the games I've gone to and the playoffs so far, but the rates are getting absurd. If they make the SCF, I don't know how people can afford tickets. I'm just glad that I locked in for 5 years and won't see an increase til after the 3rd season.

I wouldn't mind even downgrading a bit. I have to ask the other half when she gets back from her work trip on what she wants to do.

Reactions: sabresfan65

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
You're spot on. The price of an average seat is almost past the point of diminishing returns for anyone trying to make a little profit or just break even for a game they can't attend.

Upper level seats are going to be in serious demand going forward. The face value of lowers are inflated to the point of larceny.

I think they always have been. The "get in" market is the strongest so uppers get a nice premium normally. Now the team has taken up all that premium. I get their thinking and can't complain too much, attended one game and more than paid for it selling the rest, but just getting out of the weeds how many people who chose to buy uppers can easily foot $150-250 a ticket when they were paying a quarter of that normally? Further this market is in a different place than most. Just getting to the playoffs was the big deal. Its not like San Jose where a lot of fans say the Sharks make it every year, I'm only going to go if they get to later rounds. That justifies a lower early round price point but in this market every game feels the same, a Knights playoff game, at least until the SCF.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I think they always have been. The "get in" market is the strongest so uppers get a nice premium normally. Now the team has taken up all that premium. I get their thinking and can't complain too much, attended one game and more than paid for it selling the rest, but just getting out of the weeds how many people who chose to buy uppers can easily foot $150-250 a ticket when they were paying a quarter of that normally? Further this market is in a different place than most. Just getting to the playoffs was the big deal. Its not like San Jose where a lot of fans say the Sharks make it every year, I'm only going to go if they get to later rounds. That justifies a lower early round price point but in this market every game feels the same, a Knights playoff game, at least until the SCF.

As someone who is now buying uppers, I'll note that our partials and Round 1 were lowers. We got priced out. If we make to SCF, I'm not even pretending I can go to any of those games. Maybe next year with full season tix.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
As someone who is now buying uppers, I'll note that our partials and Round 1 were lowers. We got priced out. If we make to SCF, I'm not even pretending I can go to any of those games. Maybe next year with full season tix.

That's exactly why uppers are going to be in higher demand going forward. People who just want to be in the building & usually choose lower bowl seats will "settle" for sitting upstairs when they see the new prices for this round.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
If we make it to the SCF, can we get uppers for the first two games and lower for later games? I rather have the good seats for a clinching or fighting off elimination game. I'm ok with upper seats for games 3 and 4.

My girlfriend said shes ok with skipping it because of the cost, but I told her that we should go to at least game 5 or 6 if we make it to the SCF since who knows if we'll ever make it that far again. She's new to hockey and sports and had to tell her that this doesn't happen every year.

Another issue is that she finishes work at 6 pm, but works Monday through Thursday so we might just go to Friday to Sunday games and sell tickets to games on other days. I can sell tickets to a rich friend or to my boss at a profit, but not quite StubHub prices.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
If we make it to the SCF, can we get uppers for the first two games and lower for later games? I rather have the good seats for a clinching or fighting off elimination game. I'm ok with upper seats for games 3 and 4.

My girlfriend said shes ok with skipping it because of the cost, but I told her that we should go to at least game 5 or 6 if we make it to the SCF since who knows if we'll ever make it that far again. She's new to hockey and sports and had to tell her that this doesn't happen every year.

Another issue is that she finishes work at 6 pm, but works Monday through Thursday so we might just go to Friday to Sunday games and sell tickets to games on other days. I can sell tickets to a rich friend or to my boss at a profit, but not quite StubHub prices.

You can mix upper/lower or any sections. You choose the ticket quantity and price level you want for each game.

We have stretched ourselves to attend two games this round, and that was with the rationalization that we don't know when they will be this successful again (although listening to other bases whine about our success, we are a pre-designed dynasty!!!!!). I'm afraid the best we can do if we make SCF is hang around the Plaza with the rest of the wannabes.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Season ticket holders get their tickets earlier than the general public.

We're not full, but partials, so we're on the "buy what you can find and afford before the genpub " plan.....seems our Flashseats releases have been on pace with STH from what I've read....

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
You can mix upper/lower or any sections. You choose the ticket quantity and price level you want for each game.

We have stretched ourselves to attend two games this round, and that was with the rationalization that we don't know when they will be this successful again (although listening to other bases whine about our success, we are a pre-designed dynasty!!!!!). I'm afraid the best we can do if we make SCF is hang around the Plaza with the rest of the wannabes.

Cool. If we advance, I'll tell my girlfriend to mix up the seats or let me do it as it's in her name. Weekday early starts will be an issue as she finishes her job at 6 pm so we might as well just sell those tickets.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Wow. Mr. Foley is raking it in.

Actually, not as much as you might think. The NHL takes % of ticket sales in playoffs that goes into central revenue. (NHL player playoff bonuses are paid out of that $$ as well as revenue sharing.) I don't know the exact %, but it increases as the playoffs advance.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

rstraube724

Dec 13, 2017
Selling my two uppers for Game 4 Friday May 18th, season tickets, cannot use them. Section 227 Row J, gaurantee I am lower than anyone I have seen. Send me a message, ton of interest so not sure how long will last.

JasonCable

Sep 28, 2014
I have one ticket for sale for Wednesday's Game 3. Section 204 Row D. $310. Lower than stubhub for that row and section.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I can verify. in the Noon round, I got in at 12:00 and could get nothing but Game 3, Section 203 Row P, 2 tix at $410 plus expenses each. Couldn't get 1 or 2, even a single seat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad