VGK Ticket Thread (Read OP for rules)

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Alright, I'll have to swallow the L on the money and wait for the dates to come out.
We'll welcome you during the regular season, but we were 95% VGK the first two games due to the controls put on by the team for secondary sales. I hope that continues.

Hopefully you've missed your chance to have a hockey party in Las Vegas. :laugh:

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
We'll welcome you during the regular season, but we were 95% VGK the first two games due to the controls put on by the team for secondary sales. I hope that continues.

Hopefully you've missed your chance to have a hockey party in Las Vegas. :laugh:

Well, I'm going to be there for sure. And my dad and I alone will already add up to about half as many Ducks fans as there were in SAP Center last night. :laugh:

Thanks for the help, btw.

Here is what Vegas Golden Knights fans need to know about 2nd round ticket information.

DajtN3kVAAADyK_.jpg large.jpg

Important 2nd Round Stanley Cup Playoff Ticket Information For Vegas Golden Knights Fans

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Just got home from work & saw the email for 2nd round pricing. HOLY SH!T!!!! If I'm reading this correctly, my seats jumped to $245 each! That's season ticket member cost! First round they were $120 each. Jeez louise. Hope this is a short victorious series for the boys.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
VGK is really killing us on these prices. They better sweep the sharks and not go to a game 7. I wonder how much other cities are paying for their tickets. Kings fans took one look at our prices and decided to wait for home games as tickets at Staples was dirt cheap. Invading our home was too pricey for them. If the Knights make it all the way to the SCF, I will have to get a loan or sell an organ just to see one game.

I noticed from the link that was posted that single game tickets are now non transferable. I bet that's going to cause problems for some people at the last minute who are unable to go to the game and unable to give them away to a friend or family member.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seven0two

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Just got the link email. The will only allow us to buy a total of 4 tix, max 2 per game. We had 6 quarters season seats, 3 each for two different packages. Now we aren't even allowed to buy enough for all 3 of us to see one game.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
VGK could do a better job with playoff ticket sales. I really wonder where we are compared to other teams as far as playoff ticket prices are. I'd guess that we are in the top 3. They are robbing people knowing that they can right now. I doubt the hype will be this high 5 years from now. I do believe there will still be lots of fans and interest, but not the madness we are seeing now like 1,000 people at practices, paying stupid amounts of money for game posters and pucks, and these absurd playoff ticket prices. I honestly wouldn't be able to keep paying these prices for playoff seats every game. If I have to choose, I'd just choose the first home game and the latest home game available.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
VGK could do a better job with playoff ticket sales. I really wonder where we are compared to other teams as far as playoff ticket prices are. I'd guess that we are in the top 3. They are robbing people knowing that they can right now. I doubt the hype will be this high 5 years from now. I do believe there will still be lots of fans and interest, but not the madness we are seeing now like 1,000 people at practices, paying stupid amounts of money for game posters and pucks, and these absurd playoff ticket prices. I honestly wouldn't be able to keep paying these prices for playoff seats every game. If I have to choose, I'd just choose the first home game and the latest home game available.
Their arrogance today will come home to roost in a few years when they need to rebuild.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Their arrogance today will come home to roost in a few years when they need to rebuild.

Even if VGK is a playoff team in the future, the craziness we are seeing will have worn off and there will be empty seats if they keep charging these beyond absurd rates. So many people travelled to LA and not just because they wanted to root for the knights, but because ticket prices were half the price. It's insane that they are charging double the price of a team in one of the largest cities in America.

I'll go to every home playoff game this year, but if the prices are the same in the future, I doubt I could afford it unless I downgrade the section I'm in.

Team officials must have seen what regular season tickets were going for on the secondary market and thought it could charge the same amount and keep all of the markup profit. I knew playoff tickets would be higher than the regular season, but they really jacked up the price and continues to raise it for every round. They are flat out greedy. In the regular season we went to all Friday to Sunday games and only a few weeknight games as my girlfriend gets off work at 6 and we would be late to games if she came home and went together. So we sold most of those games except for the ones I really wanted to see and met her at TMobile. Anyway, since shes a new to hockey fan, she prefers tv because she likes to listen to the announcers and to hear the analysis of the games so that she can learn it better. So in the upcoming years, we might be skipping some playoff games and we can sell ours to help pay for the games that we do go to.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I'm pretty sure every team raises prices in the playoffs round by round. Doesn't make it hurt in the wallet any less. Just pointing out it's not unusual.

My prices doubled for Rd. 2. Scared to think what it'll look like if they make it further.

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
I was able to get back into my regular season Section 225. I paid $50 in regular season. $75+ fees for 203 in round 1. Just paid $130+ fees for this round. I would appreciate a little lube next time they bend me over.

Last edited:

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
You guys need to stop whining. If you don't like it your rep will gladly cancel your order for the playoffs and sell them for even more. And yes everyone raises their prices. My seats are $120 without the vow and similar seats in SAP Center are $128 face value.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

I'd say >95%. I'd say maybe a couple hundred misguided LAK fans game 1 AND maybe 1500 game 2. Unscientific of course.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
I was fortunate to attend games 1, 3 and 4.

What I can say is that I could basically count the number of fans wearing Kings shirts for Game 1.

At the Staples Center, the Knights presence was both visible and audible (even during the Anthem—which surprised many people!). I spoke with many VGK fans who were “there for just game 3 except if the Knights win and have a chance to take game 4.”

T-mobile was consistently loud from puck drop through final buzzer. The skeptic in me says that *part* of this is that a notable portion of the fan base is a little less informed about hockey right now, so there are more efforts put into keeping people engaged throughout. Sometimes that engagement extends over the play. I notice this during a couple late-season games (my first at T-Mobile), too, so it wasn’t just the playoffs.

There was a LOT less energy in the Staples Center. Lots of lulls. Less over the top cheering for the Kings. If I had to put a number on how it felt from an energy perspective, the arena was about 1/4-1/3 Knights.

FWIW I was sitting pretty low at all the games. So that can sometimes skew a perspective one way or another.

Just thought I’d share that observation.

I’m hopeful I can make it back for Round 2 Games 1 and 2 (and 5?) ... and the SCF!

Hope I can find seats.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Forgot to add:
Chatted with some VGK fans in LA. They said that sales of tickets were geo-restricted on StubHub for Games 1/2, and that was a reason for low attendance from those from the LA area.

That true?

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Forgot to add:
Chatted with some VGK fans in LA. They said that sales of tickets were geo-restricted on StubHub for Games 1/2, and that was a reason for low attendance from those from the LA area.

That true?

No way that's true. And doesnt even account for fact that a lot of Kings fans live in Vegas. Low opposing attendance is normal in playoffs, can't advance plan like the regular season. Really rare to see a visitor dominate the crowd even with no sales restrictions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->