VGK Ticket Thread (Read OP for rules)

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I just talked to a friend in Vegas who said his CEO told the marketing team to cut their order of VGK tickets in half next season. He said customers don't seem to care as much for the tickets and everyone is talking about a Vegas NBA expansion team now as what would get them interested. Like literally Foley you are about to have a problem filling the seats just a few years after acting like you ruled the world. Add in the A's potentially coming and could be a building that returns to having half the fans dressed in opposing colors.

• Haha
Reactions: Boris Zubov

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I just talked to a friend in Vegas who said his CEO told the marketing team to cut their order of VGK tickets in half next season. He said customers don't seem to care as much for the tickets and everyone is talking about a Vegas NBA expansion team now as what would get them interested. Like literally Foley you are about to have a problem filling the seats just a few years after acting like you ruled the world. Add in the A's potentially coming and could be a building that returns to having half the fans dressed in opposing colors.

Anyone paying attention could've seen that coming. Maybe we can pass the hat around for poor Bill.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
They thought they could trade Fleury and everyone would learn to accept it because the team would keep winning and win a cup or two. Instead we have no Fleury and a team that is losing. That’s exactly what you do if you want to lose fans.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
They thought they could trade Fleury and everyone would learn to accept it because the team would keep winning and win a cup or two. Instead we have no Fleury and a team that is losing. That’s exactly what you do if you want to lose fans.
Personally as a former STH, I'd say it was more about doubling & tripling prices, cancelling accounts, holding our money for 3 months during Covid, etc etc.

Trading away fan favorites happens all the time in sports, so that doesn't bug me as much, but I guess I'm less sentimental than most.

Reactions: The Duck Knight

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Personally as a former STH, I'd say it was more about doubling & tripling prices, cancelling accounts, holding our money for 3 months during Covid, etc etc.

Trading away fan favorites happens all the time in sports, so that doesn't bug me as much, but I guess I'm less sentimental than most.

Yeah the way they treat their STH's is the bigger issue than moving players.

Also winning, but the biggest reason they aren't doing that is injuries.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Those fans would go anyway.

If Fleury were on this team playing as he has this season we'd be in pretty much the same position and people would still be upset at losing and how expensive everything has been and how it has kept going up.

Players all come and go and so do fair weather fans.

Reactions: The Duck Knight

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018

I think it’s a combination of those. I’m aware of those other issues. They took 3 months to give me my money back too.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Those fans would go anyway.

If Fleury were on this team playing as he has this season we'd be in pretty much the same position and people would still be upset at losing and how expensive everything has been and how it has kept going up.

Players all come and go and so do fair weather fans.
I think some of those fans already left. At the beginning of the season we saw cheaper ticket prices being resold and more empty seats.

And A LOT of fans do have strong feelings about the players. We recently saw that with Buffalo fans.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
No way the front office would have known this but Fleury would likely have been healthier this season. Even when Lehner was playing he often was injured this season and we all expected him to be healthier.

Also we don’t know what the injury situation would be with Fleury. It’s a weird hypothetical to think about. Does it mean Fleury and Lehner are the goaltenders and we don’t have Broissoit and Dadonov? I think it’s safe to assume that Stone and Patrick have injury issues for obvious reasons. Probably Pacioretty at some point because he gets hurt a lot. Other than that who knows?

Like i said it’s a hypothetical so we would just be guessing.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Some of you are getting a little crazy here. I don't think one bad season with injuries causes a mass exodus and I don't think moving one player gets droves of STH to suddenly dump or give up their tickets. The long-term problem for the team was caused by their short-term attitude in year 2 and 3 (until the pandemic) where they acted like they could treat everyone like crap because so many wanted these tickets so bad (in their minds). A lot of us here, myself included since this is when they took my seats from me, called it out as short-term madness and that you can't think one winning season with a lot of demand insures you dominate the market forever. Because most of us in this forum actually lived in Vegas, we all know if an NBA expansion team really does get announced this summer it would be an insane rush for tickets and the franchise could pretty much charge for PSLs like the Raiders and get buyers.

VGK got a great set of bounces from having a historic first year and being good when they didn't have competition from other major league sports. They took those lucky turn of events and changed their attitude completely. Now lets see when reality creeps in and they get back to being an organization that goes back to marketing and working to win over the fans in a fickle marketplace.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Have 8 tickets in section 218 for VGK vs. Chicago on Saturday. Hoping to recover my $129 each but feel free to PM me with offers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad