VGK Ticket Thread (Read OP for rules)

VegasVic67

Jun 25, 2017
The Meadows
Can anyone tell me, how are there so many tickets listed on StubHub when season ticket holders haven’t had their seats listed on flash seats yet.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Can anyone tell me, how are there so many tickets listed on StubHub when season ticket holders haven’t had their seats listed on flash seats yet.
People that didn't take the vow can list their tickets. They don't show up to the ultimate buyer until everyone else gets them, but you can list them.

VegasVic67

Jun 25, 2017
The Meadows
I had the standard ticketing and every time I try to list mine my StubHub account says, No tickets available, We checked your account, but could not find any tickets.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I meant home Game 3, Game 5. Yes we are. Since I could only get 2 tix, my wife and our daughter will be in the Arena and I'll watch in the Plaza.

We managed to pick up the appearance of a Section 17 Row D for $700. :eek:

So at least we will all three be in the building, albeit not together.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I had the standard ticketing and every time I try to list mine my StubHub account says, No tickets available, We checked your account, but could not find any tickets.

Isn't there a box you can check that your tix are not in hand yet?

VegasVic67

Jun 25, 2017
The Meadows
Isn't there a box you can check that your tix are not in hand yet?

Not that I see. I’m on their web site. When I click the sell tab, the list of games comes up, and I select Monday’s game. Immediately the page switches and says no tickets found, (obviously from my flash seats account).

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Not that I see. I’m on their web site. When I click the sell tab, the list of games comes up, and I select Monday’s game. Immediately the page switches and says no tickets found, (obviously from my flash seats account).

And you are a full season ticket holder trying to sell your normal seat assignments from the regular season?

Edit: I just played with it and got the same thing you did. Seems they changed something.

I've long suspected that the team is loading up ridiculously priced seats before any are sold.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

VegasVic67

Jun 25, 2017
The Meadows
And you are a full season ticket holder trying to sell your normal seat assignments from the regular season?

Edit: I just played with it and got the same thing you did. Seems they changed something.

I've long suspected that the team is loading up ridiculously priced seats before any are sold.

That was my suspicion also. Zero excuse on why it takes the Knights so long to list them at flash seats.

VegasVic67

Jun 25, 2017
The Meadows

Yes season ticket holder selling my regular season seats.

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
I can’t even list mine on StubHub as a Partial season ticket holder....not that I want to. But, this whole buying process pissed me off.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
This can only mean they are holding back tickets to cash in on public mania.

... or perhaps that they are behind some of the $$$ tickets currently on StubHub and are getting higher prices as they constrain supply through the pre-pre-sale :)sarcasm:), the pre-sale and the public sale.

Call me a bit of a conspiracy theorist here, but there are tons of tickets available WAY before the majority of people have tickets to sell. A few days ago there were >2,400 seats. That's way more than were ever available even just a couple days before puck drop.

I observed this prior to Game 3 of the WCF where availability nearly touched 3,000 ... AFTER STH had their tickets deposited into Flash Seats. For that game there were a ton of large blocks available up to game-time -- literally 3-4 completely empty rows, even down near the glass.

That said, there's only 1,780 left for SCF Game 1, so unlike prior rounds, people seem to be buying.

As for the 10a sale, I tried to get seats but got shut down. In the first 10' I was presented with exactly one set of seats: 2x GS2 seats @ $3,500 each. Pass. Later a pair in the Loge popped up, but the site would not take the card's CVV during the 10' buffer for some unknown reason. Gone.

I had a line on seats for the series but I think they fell through, so if anyone wants to sell some lowers definitely shoot me a line. I'd made a big effort to take my boy to games in earlier rounds and was hoping to do a father-son Stanley Cup thing.

At this point I don't know that I'll be able to take him, but I've never been in the barn for an SCF game and could at least go with a friend even if I can no longer afford a pair.

Hard to say right now if prices will drop near game-time. It will be interesting to see what happens after STH are allowed to list their seats. I'll bet many will list them at prevailing rates, though some will start to undercut and who knows?

Thanks.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
PS If anyone sees something in the public sale tomorrow or is willing to keep an eye out specifically for me, I'll shoot you my info via PM. I just learned I have to take my kid somewhere right at that time, so I don't know that I'll be able to get in, and something tells me the mobile version will be even more of a problem.

I think those seats may be transferrable, just not listed on SH, right?

Thanks!

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Don't they have to take a pretty large amount of seats out for the press for the Finals? If I remember right Vancouver was saying they lost 450 seats they normally would sell to press and to "League" seats.

People who have never sold seats don't quite understand how the market works. I read about "median" or "average" list price on the site, but those mean nothing. If you want to sell, you have to list at close to the lowest for your class of ticket. Normal conditions when I sell I see something like 100-150 tickets in my relative area, but only if I'm foolish do I try to get even the midpoint of those tickets. If I try chances are good I'm not selling. Why would I? All the people looking to buy can read a seating chart and a row and notice that 50 tickets are selling cheaper than mine, so why would they buy mine? My usual strategy has been to exclude the singles and list at around the price of the second or third cheapest pair. Its worked so far, only a preseason game didn't sell. Occasionally I go back and see maybe, just maybe, I would have sold for more but I just ignore that sense because you really don't know.

There is a market which some think of as sending signals about relative price and value, but then there is the reality of closing deals which requires a completely different strategy. True ticket brokers may go after this differently and dont mind the occasional ticket they have to eat since getting top dollar on the many other tickets they sold can help cover that loss, but individuals who only have a single pair to sell and can't really go to the game if they don't sell have to go about it much differently.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

I think these are ticket brokers and those acting like them. They are selling them on spec, believing they can get them from their sources. Stubhub tries to stop this on the biggest events but possibly this isn't one of them.

Blame for this though is on the Knights. Its not good for anyone to have the real sellers unable to participate yet in sale, but Stubhub gets anxious. Some guy in DC or wherever really wants to attend but isn't going to commit without tickets in hand. Since its only a few days away on a major holiday weekend Stubhub can take the position that spec is better than nothing. Meanwhile the Knights are thinking lets keep the values seemingly inflated by waiting to deliver until sales are over. Then when they deliver a flood of real tickets will hit the market and bring prices down. Won't be cheap, but will be cheaper than what you are seeing now.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I wish someone knew someone in the ticket department to get the inside information on what goes on. These ticket prices are crazy, but we downgraded for the first two games. We had thought about selling them to pay for games 5 and 7, but what if we sweep or get swept. We'd have missed out on the finals so we (more like she since she's the boss when it comes to financial matters) figured it was still better to be in the building for monday and wednesday. And she has to take half a day off for all home games as she's off on fri-sun and normally finishes work at 6 pm. She said she works with a guy with season tickets, but in section 4 and his tickets are in the $400s. That can't be right, right?

VegasVic67

Jun 25, 2017
The Meadows
I think these are ticket brokers and those acting like them. They are selling them on spec, believing they can get them from their sources. Stubhub tries to stop this on the biggest events but possibly this isn't one of them.

Blame for this though is on the Knights. Its not good for anyone to have the real sellers unable to participate yet in sale, but Stubhub gets anxious. Some guy in DC or wherever really wants to attend but isn't going to commit without tickets in hand. Since its only a few days away on a major holiday weekend Stubhub can take the position that spec is better than nothing. Meanwhile the Knights are thinking lets keep the values seemingly inflated by waiting to deliver until sales are over. Then when they deliver a flood of real tickets will hit the market and bring prices down. Won't be cheap, but will be cheaper than what you are seeing now.

This entire post makes much sense.

I couldn’t get through with my rep yesterday, only able to leave a message which of course remains unresponsed to. I’m sure she/they had numerous STH’s complaining of the same issue and just took the easy way to avoid the discussion. I did call StubHub a couple times and was told I needed to contact flashseats and get the bar code to list tickets. After trying a couple times to get through to them, (not a easy or expedient process), I was told there was no barcode because they had no tickets in their system yet and wouldn’t until today, (Friday, or just three days before the game). Lastly I did get through to the Knights operator and he confirmed to me STH's would get their tickets on Friday.

Shame on the Knights organization in taking the low road on this money grab. I was one of the very first to put my deposit down years ago just to convince the NHL Las Vegas was a viable market in order to get a franchise. For my support and loyalty I get this.

Reactions: Pirate Deadpool

pocketrockets

Dec 12, 2010
What does "Single game ticket resale and transfer abilities will be disabled." mean exactly? If I buy a pair of tickets off the secondary market am I buying a legit ticket?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->