Confirmed Trade: [VGK/STL] Ivan Barbashev for Zach Dean

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
A late first round pick from a few years ago who we got for a guy that was probably gonna price himself out of here anyways.
well good luck to him, but not too much luck since he's in the division.

Never heard of him.

A good prospect. Was a 1st round pick.

Got any other dumb questions?
No need to get defensive because the team you root for traded a 1st Liner on a Stanley Cup winner for a 'B' prospect

Reactions: Devilsfan118

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Lehkonen last year. Barbashev this year.

Middle six guys with skill and work rate (and who clearly can play up on scoring lines on good teams) are gold at the deadline. Working for every inch in the playoffs is the difference between going home and going big.

I’d be all over a Scott Laughton type if I’m a contender this off-season or at the deadline.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Lehkonen last year. Barbashev this year.

Middle six guys with skill and work rate (and who clearly can play up on scoring lines on good teams) are gold at the deadline. Working for every inch in the playoffs is the difference between going home and going big.

I’d be all over a Scott Laughton type if I’m a contender this off-season or at the deadline.
Lehkonen immediately came to mind for me as well (granted I'm a Habs fan)

Reactions: BKarchitect

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011

Never heard of him.

No need to get defensive because the team you root for traded a 1st Liner on a Stanley Cup winner for a 'B' prospect
The Blues can’t afford Barbashev so I’m glad they got a good prospect for him. Barbashev already won a Cup with us and I’m fine seeing him win another because he’s a likeable guy.

Your attempt to stir the pot wasn’t very good.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn

Never heard of him.

Are you really calling Barbashev a 1st line player? You won’t find any Blues fans who disliked Barby but just because he’s playing with Eichel doesn’t make his skills any better. He’s a middle 6 guy who has a fantastic compete level and can hit everything on the ice.

Congrats to Barby on helping to win another Cup.

Nfumass

Oct 2, 2004
Ma
This is Hockeysfuture board who gives a shit about winning the Stanley cup, prospects are what really matter! Clear win for the blues

Reactions: Zilo44

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Are you really calling Barbashev a 1st line player? You won’t find any Blues fans who disliked Barby but just because he’s playing with Eichel doesn’t make his skills any better. He’s a middle 6 guy who has a fantastic compete level and can hit everything on the ice.

Congrats to Barby on helping to win another Cup.
He literally played on the first line all postseason

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Barbie had a great playoffs and earned a good contract in free agency, but this is a silly take. He's a good 2nd/3rd liner, where in the right situation like last season or in Vegas is able to produce top 6 numbers or be a member of a 1st line, if the other linemates are of higher skill. There are plenty of other wingers or defensemen that are on 1st lines or 1st pairs because they are with elite level linemates, but we wouldn't call them 1st liners or top pair dmen on their own.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC

Vegas is a score by committee type team. When we talk about 1st line players or describe someone as a 1st line player it insinuates a point per game producer - typically on PP1.

It's a huge reach to say Barbashev is a 1st liner. No disrespect he's a very responsible and solid 2 way fwd but you're being disingenuous by calling him a 1st liner.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Barbashev is this years blake Coleman, when you have guys like blake Coleman and barbashev making 2 mil, you win a cup. Once they get paid on that 3rd contract, you won’t win a cup. Whoever signs barbashev to the 5 mil ish per year contract will regret it.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Barbashev is this years blake Coleman, when you have guys like blake Coleman and barbashev making 2 mil, you win a cup. Once they get paid on that 3rd contract, you won’t win a cup. Whoever signs barbashev to the 5 mil ish per year contract will regret it.

It's like Ondrej Palat. Palat maybe a little more offensive upside but comparable with the contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00