Confirmed Trade: [VGK/STL] Ivan Barbashev for Zach Dean

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I guess Chris Kunitz and Pascal Dupuis were 1st liner too because they played with Crosby.

Barbashev is a great player, but he's more of a 40-50 pts guy than a first liner.

If he gets 6m+, like a first line guy would, it won't age well.

I was going to bring up more examples like this but then figured it wasn’t worth it. Honestly, anyone who watches Barbashev, and surmises he’s a true top line player, is either trolling or not very knowledgeable.

It’s not a knock against him but, he doesn’t have the skills to carry a top line in the NHL. He’s a career.44 ppg player through 433 games. It will be interesting to what he gets in free agency.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
18 points in 22 playoff games for Vegas, 9 in 50 for the blues. In the right environment he will flourish, if it's not the case he will turn into a pumpkin again.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
18 points in 22 playoff games for Vegas, 9 in 50 for the blues. In the right environment he will flourish, if it's not the case he will turn into a pumpkin again.
I mean that's true. But that could be said about 85% of the league.

Honestly, Barbie is just a versatile player because he was part of a key line that got St. Louis their first cup even if he wasn't scoring at a 65 point pace. He's not going to become a pumpkin unless he's expected to be a defensive wizard.

He can, and most likely will, be overpriced for what he brings.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Id give him 5 X 5 if I am the sens GM. He is exactly what their forward group is missing. They have the skill guys they need someone to make room for them and play physical. They are way too easy to play against too he would be a big help in that regard.

A sens top 6 of

Tkachuk Stutzle Giroux
Barbashev Norris Batherson

Would be on of the best in the league. Hard to play against and skill to score.

Flip Debrincat for some picks. Go after a goalie for the difference in money. One of Varlamov, Hill, Andersen.

Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

Most of the 50 games for the Blues was also on a 4th line with some combination of Steen/Sundqvist.
Barbashev will flourish regardless of the role you put him in. It's moreso he's played himself into a contract now where you have to put him in a situation on a scoring line because you can't afford to have a high end 3rd line checker making 5-6m/year.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Barbs did exactly for Vegas what they hoped he would, complimented the Eichel-Marchesseault line well, while Zach Dean looks like a legit prospect that could be a long term cog in STL at center ice in most likely a 2nd/3rd line role. Feels like a win win trade, though certainly a bigger W for Vegas atm.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Id give him 5 X 5 if I am the sens GM. He is exactly what their forward group is missing. They have the skill guys they need someone to make room for them and play physical. They are way too easy to play against too he would be a big help in that regard.

A sens top 6 of

Tkachuk Stutzle Giroux
Barbashev Norris Batherson

Would be on of the best in the league. Hard to play against and skill to score.

Flip Debrincat for some picks. Go after a goalie for the difference in money. One of Varlamov, Hill, Andersen.
Burkovsky is a great comparable so yeah 5.5x6 sounds good.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
I proposed ROR, Acciari and Barbashev to the Leafs for Kneis and a 1st and got laughed at. Things would be quite different, huh?

Honestly they probably would have won. Barby was underrated by everyone. Not so much anymore.
Pretty sure one of you dummies guaranteed us a cup with ROR on our team, now it's Barby that would have been the difference between winning a single game in the second round and a stanley cup victory over a Barby-less VGK:laugh:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Yes he is. And he will get a very nice contract. My prediction is he will end up in Chicago as this is the type of player you want next to rookie Bedard to give him some support.

From Stanley cup winner to...Chicago who is TRYING to tank? I don't think that will happen. That Chicago team will look like the island of misfit toys, and Barbashev is in his prime and will want to win.

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
Pretty sure one of you dummies guaranteed us a cup with ROR on our team, now it's Barby that would have been the difference between winning a single game in the second round and a stanley cup victory over a Barby-less VGK:laugh:
One of us dummies. Didn't ror perform at a high level. Yes he did. Did Noel accari play well yes he did. Get over your self

I don't see the difference between Barbeshev and Knies being a Stanley Cup. Knies played great when healthy and was on the ice of all of the OT winners IIRC
Did knies have almost ppg playoffs nope.

I don't see the difference between Barbeshev and Knies being a Stanley Cup. Knies played great when healthy and was on the ice of all of the OT winners IIRC
Did knies have almost ppg playoffs nope.

• Haha
Reactions: thefutures

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad